• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I didn't watch the whole game, so I don't know how bad it was, but throwing some dump offs probably would've helped some.

ioD7fYe.gif

Maybe the game hates this route, I don't know.

Lonestar

Looks like you threw it before he was ready, ie before his icon lit up.

Was from FMT's stream, so my icons don't show up, and why wait for something like this, don't they know the Offensive Line blocking is broken!

Also, apologies for keep bringing it up, but 2 for 21 really pisses me off.

game 1: 101.56 QB rating
game 2: 85.56
game 1+2: 95.75

Game 3: 0 QB rating (even if I threw 2 less INT's, it's still 0)
Combine all 3 games: 27.89 QB rating.

Gee, wish I had something at work to work on, or at least a call from the shop on what the car diagnosis is, so I can be pissed at those instead of this.

LukeSmith

I'm going to start charging anyone stealing my schtick.

That said, I have no idea what the fuck I am going to do to stop Julio, Stills, and Tevin. Looking at the Falcons defensive roster, it's probably the best personnel in the league.

imagine how good bowser would be with that team

LJ11

Supposedly, they're going to address some of the overthrow issues. The inability to hit the back on an easy pass like the one posted above exasperates the online H2H blitz angles. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I heard they're going to address it in the patch. Should be released very very soon.

Supposedly, they're going to address some of the overthrow issues. The inability to hit the back on an easy pass like the one posted above exasperates the online H2H blitz angles. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but I heard they're going to address it in the patch. Should be released very very soon.

Great, its only been six months

Clearly this means we must restart the league

brentech

This is from my league where I forced wins just like the real 2015 season to get to a really quick draft and have played from there. So I'm currently scouting in the 2016 season and this is apparently what the QBs look like in a patched league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is from my league where I forced wins just like the real 2015 season to get to a really quick draft and have played from there. So I'm currently scouting in the 2016 season and this is apparently what the QBs look like in a patched league.

For fucks sake.

What does the little eyeball icon mean

Lonestar

I'm trying to understand that picture. You saying there's been a just released patch, or is it about to hit?

That's alot of A ratings.

BigAT

I'm trying to understand that picture. You saying there's been a just released patch, or is it about to hit?

When the game first launched there were apparently a ton of stud quarterbacks in the draft pools. EA released a patch that significantly nerfed them. Now, even post patch, it looks like there are still many absurdly good QBs still.

brentech

It hit sometime during our 1st season, but doesn't effect online leagues that were created before it. I personally think they kind of screwed up because now there is just super QB after super QB in each draft, but they also added CBs that are quicker and a few other draft changes.
There is also an XP slider that we don't have access too in league that allows you to scale the xp growth to resemble something a little more rewarding.

Lonestar

It hit sometime during our 1st season, but doesn't effect online leagues that were created before it. I personally think they kind of screwed up because now there is just super QB after super QB in each draft, but they also added CBs that are quicker and a few other draft changes.
There is also an XP slider that we don't have access too in league that allows you to scale the xp growth to resemble something a little more rewarding.

So we're in the darkest timeline of drafted QB's? Probably for the best, as except for 1 season back in the 80's, don't think single drafts can come up with 5-8 superstar QB's.

Your 2nd point does suck though

BigAT

So we're in the darkest timeline of drafted QB's? Probably for the best, as except for 1 season back in the 80's, don't think single drafts can come up with 5-8 superstar QB's.

The Jack English draft in Madden '10 produced like 4-5 would be Hall of Fame quarterbacks.
If they weren't controlled by Livewire.

Smokey

Landrum arrived 3 seasons ago and I am forever grateful.

He might be on the block soon tho

Tlbb I can save your season

Lonestar

I mean, I probably over picked the Taylor QB, but his ratings are sound, with DAC in line with most quality starting QB's. Only the Triumvirate (Wilson, Luck, Rodgers) has over 80 in that category. But honestly, there are 3 or 4 other QB's from this draft that has similar throwing ratings, including one that LJ got late in the 5th round.

Interested in how many 80+ OVR rookies are in those "patched" drafts, if there's a noticeable increased amount.

DJ Bowser

Not with Mettenberger. I destroyed Bowser year one without McKay and Godgers.

DCX
That was my third game against humans in this year's version and before I understood the ability to counteract Julio cheese.

Your destruction in the playoffs was my atonement.

Romo was also mildly trash in the second year. Huge awareness and DAcc regression.

DCX

DCX
That was my third game against humans in this year's version and before I understood the ability to counteract Julio cheese.

Your destruction in the playoffs was my atonement.

Romo was also mildly trash in the second year. Huge awareness and DAcc regression.
Same with Ryan :( even though it was a good move to cut Ryan's insane contract, I didn't solve the fact my QBs blow. Time to rush 40 times a game!

DCX

Greg

'fixed' the worst of my two controllers (the one not under warranty)

terrible design decision that causes it... a plastic blade underneath the trigger is what presses into the rubber pad over the sensor, and the blade just chews a groove right into the rubber pad and loses pressure - I'm guessing the constant feathering of the accelerator in Driveclub speeds up the process

they sell replacement rubber pads, but I just folded a small piece of electrical tape underneath the plastic sheet to raise it the size of the groove, and I have full range up to 100% now

Lonestar

'fixed' the worst of my two controllers (the one not under warranty)

terrible design decision that causes it... a plastic blade underneath the trigger is what presses into the rubber pad over the sensor, and the blade just chews a groove right into the rubber pad and loses pressure - I'm guessing the constant feathering of the accelerator in Driveclub speeds up the process

they sell replacement rubber pads, but I just folded a small piece of electrical tape underneath the plastic sheet to raise it the size of the groove, and I have full range up to 100% now

yeah, my controllers a bit fucked. LT "sticks" at about halfway pressed, and the L stick's rubber edge/face is pretty much gone.

Smokey

The DS4 and the Wi-Fi in the PS4 are clear cost cutting measures. I hope we see a revision with a 5ghz band. I'd buy it just for that. Not really asking too much in 2016.

Top Bottom