• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Great game FMT. Did a great job stopping the run, good job moving the chains. Was fortunate with that pass to Gurley, he looked open, but the LB broke on it so fast. I tried to go back watch the clip, but it wouldn't let me, wanted to see if it was some straight up BS.

That DB looked cooked all game, I had a few shots but your DL was smoking me. This QB has a quick release, saved me from a few sacks.

Austin was actually on the outside, but yeah, I was going to the deep post, I tried a few times but he dropped every single one until that last one. He also dropped that dig, wide open. And yeah, you caught a couple of breaks, but I think I beat you out because Kap was missing easy throws in that first quarter.

yeah your QB is much better than foles. i don't think he makes all those throws that this guy did.

kap missed some throws but i also had that stupid int on the first drive. i audibled to that guy to run the dig because it looked like your OLB was coming, and he was, but i misread the coverage and he was sitting in cover 2 zone. if i had just left him on his streak i might have hit it for the first down -_-

4TD's for Geno, HB was doing great all game

Then Geno throws it 5 yards left of his target and throws an int in OT

such is life

I'm going to try and set the record for most games lost in a row on final possession

My last four games have basically been this

you-raised-my-hopes.gif

Injury Report

(CHI) QB J Garoppolo - 8 weeks

(BUF) TE L. Finnegan - 4 weeks

(ATL) OLB J. Robinson - 7 weeks
(ATL) QB Z. Mettenberger - 6 weeks
(ATL) RT J. Matthews - 5 weeks

(NYJ) QB B. Knox - 12 weeks, holy shit The sim gods are ruthless
(NYJ) MLB B. Patrick - 3 weeks

(OAK) QB D. Carr - 2 weeks

(SEA) WR T Lockett - 5 weeks

(HOU) WR S James - 5 weeks

Edit:
12:18 am
Ah, shit. Just hopped into a DotA game to wash away the bad taste. How late you gonna be up?

12:21 am
Lets play in 40 minutes? 1 est?

Still no response....

COOL

Trasher

Injury Report

(CHI) QB J Garoppolo - 8 weeks

(BUF) TE L. Finnegan - 4 weeks

(ATL) OLB J. Robinson - 7 weeks
(ATL) QB Z. Mettenberger - 6 weeks
(ATL) RT J. Matthews - 5 weeks

(NYJ) QB B. Knox - 12 weeks, holy shit The sim gods are ruthless
(NYJ) MLB B. Patrick - 3 weeks

(OAK) QB D. Carr - 2 weeks

(SEA) WR T Lockett - 5 weeks

(HOU) WR S James - 5 weeks

Edit:
12:18 am

12:21 am

Still no response....

COOL

Let's play!

DCX

DCX
Fell asleep and forgot to bench players. Great.

Wellie, I should be ready to play sometime this afternoon or evening.

DCX

LJ11

By the way, patch is out, no release notes yet outside of it blocking some blitz exploits that non of us use anyway. Safety play still suspect, no clue on purple zones.

Edit: Rex talking about patch on twitch, the new way to release notes http://www.twitch.tv/easports

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I hope i can find a way to watch wellie/dcx if it happens in the afternoon EST

No point he is gonna romp. Here is why:

1) Loses Mettenberger but can bring in ANOTHER flame thrower. 98 THP Zach Phillips with pretty much the same attributes as Mettenberger. The change of pace may help him.

2) I have yet to face a 1-2-3 punch like Julio, Stills, and Tevin. Essentially a pick your poison situation. At least with Bowser all his weapons are receivers so I know I just have to clog up passing lanes, here I'm pretty well fucked.

3) His overall team speed on D is the highest in the league. Across his LB the speed is 84-89-85 and that's cause the guy with 87 spd got hurt. It will make my life impossible while trying to run and -

4) DCX runs a ton of overload blitzes over his incredible DEs. So now it's a combo of his athletic LBs and Beasley/Derwyn versus my mediocre OL. I expect to be sacked at least 7 times.

5) His secondary is one of the best in the league led by CB Trufant with 98 and 99 mcv/zcv respectively. I will not get as lucky with Odell as I did last week, which frankly was the only reason I won the game.

For those reasons, I anticipate a loss. Luckily when he wins 56-0 it will only count as one loss and I will live to play another day.

By the way, patch is out, no release notes yet outside of it blocking some blitz exploits that non of us use anyway. Safety play still suspect, no clue on purple zones.

Edit: Rex talking about patch on twitch, the new way to release notes http://www.twitch.tv/easports
The patch is 1.2 GBs for anyone looking to play tonight be sure to turn on the Ps4 early.

DCX

DCX

1) Loses Mettenberger but can bring in ANOTHER flame thrower. 98 THP Zach Phillips with pretty much the same attributes as Mettenberger. The change of pace may help him.

2) I have yet to face a 1-2-3 punch like Julio, Stills, and Tevin. Essentially a pick your poison situation. At least with Bowser all his weapons are receivers so I know I just have to clog up passing lanes, here I'm pretty well fucked.

3) His overall team speed on D is the highest in the league. Across his LB the speed is 84-89-85 and that's cause the guy with 87 spd got hurt. It will make my life impossible while trying to run and -

4) DCX runs a ton of overload blitzes over his incredible DEs. So now it's a combo of his athletic LBs and Beasley/Derwyn versus my mediocre OL. I expect to be sacked at least 7 times.

5) His secondary is one of the best in the league led by CB Trufant with 98 and 99 mcv/zcv respectively. I will not get as lucky with Odell as I did last week, which frankly was the only reason I won the game.

For those reasons, I anticipate a loss. Luckily when he wins 56-0 it will only count as one loss and I will live to play another day.

The patch is 1.2 GBs for anyone looking to play tonight be sure to turn on the Ps4 early.
Bravo..this write up deserves a place in the MaddenGAF HOF along with my apology video.

DCX

Smokey

79th

Good God your ankle needs to heal. Most amount of eeyoring in one post on quite some time.

Somnia

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights:

•A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.
•The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
•Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
•A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
•User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.

That's what I found so far.

LJ11

Glad I played FMT last night, knew the patch was going to address overthrows, and I wanted one last shot at bad Kap.

Interesting that they made it a point to mention All- Madden, guess they feel it's alright on All-Pro. I honestly felt it was a way for them to address some of the blitz problems, these QBs are overshooting targets as soon as they were under pressure. According to twitter they said QB AWR has no impact on user controlled QBs. So I guess the under pressure shit really is a dice roll, doesn't seem right though, bad QBs get rattled easily.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
MaddenGAF pls. DCX himself said it, the last 3 seasons he lost 10 games totals. I lost like 31. It is only a matter of time before we both regress back to our normal selves.

•User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.

As if DCX needed more help. -_-

Naked Nightz can you play after 10:30pm (EST) tonight?

No one wanted Zach Phillips but DCX. I was practically giving him away!

Top Bottom