• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

brentech

Some real talk in this operations sports article.
http://www.operationsports.com/feat...e-dominated-super-bowl-50-but-cant-in-madden/

Madden NFL 16's representation of man defense is so pitiful that cornerbacks with 90-plus coverage ratings can't even contain basic one-cut routes like slants, drags, and outs without surrendering two to four steps of separation. Zones don't function much better, with defenders shuffling their feet inside a small predetermined circle, showing little awareness of what's happening around them, and making no real attempt to disrupt the routes of receivers who're passing through their area.

Unless Madden NFL 17 suddenly decides to bring back Online Team Play and let people control every position on the field, the gigantic discrepancy between the abilities of a human-controlled player and the abilities of a computer-controlled player must be reduced. Two years after its debut, “True Step Locomotion” only applies to user-controlled running backs, instead of impacting all 22 active players. “Pass Block Steering” was added to Madden NFL 15 as a means of improving the series' ugly, misshapen and incorrectly formed passing pocket, but this mechanic also only applies to user-controlled pass rushers. On the defensive line, your AI teammates and CPU opponents rarely use power moves or finesse moves while rushing the passer, preferring to play patty cake and hand fight with blockers. When your AI pass rushers inevitably fail to reach the quarterback, they won't jump up or even raise their hands to swat the ball. On the rare occasions when a CPU-controlled pass rusher does get a free path to the quarterback (usually, because a blocker glitched out), the AI won't hit the sprint button or the dive button while pursuing, making it too easy for the quarterback to escape.

Basically, the only way to get anything done on defense in Madden NFL 16 is to do everything yourself, because the AI isn't programmed to utilize many of the tactical adjustments or special moves that users have at their disposal.
Basically everything we've already said.

uhhhh did you forget to actually start streaming or is twitch down?

latest

Birdman02

GG Drizz. You definitely got madden'd on that punt. I was really rusty after a full week without touching the game. Just glad I was able to score a TD in OT.

GG bird. Really great defensive game. But god damn that punt pissed me off. Punts into the corner in between the 5 and 10 I pull my guy off cause it might be a touchback and it bounces off the gunners head into the endzone for a TD. Not to mention I fucking punted a 52 harder in a dome at 100% power and it doubled off the bottom in a game that went into OT. So many dropped pick sixes, no turnovers. These last two losses have really hurt.

Tannehill: 104.5, 16/27, 284 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT // 2 rushes, 14 yds
Miller: 9 carries, 23 yds
Cameron: 4 rec, 127 yds, 1 TD
Suh: 6 tackles, 2.5 sacks

Bridgewater: 105.8, 20/28, 217 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT // 1 rush, 18 yds
Peterson: 14 carries, 62 yds, 1 TD
Pierce: 5 rec, 71 yds
Barnett: 6 Tkls, 2 TfL, 1 INT

Some real talk in this operations sports article.
http://www.operationsports.com/feat...e-dominated-super-bowl-50-but-cant-in-madden/

Basically everything we've already said.

So the reason we all complete 60%+ of our passes is not just because of 95 speed WRs running drags vs Cover 3 all day.

Edit: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2048018633&postcount=21

I totally agree with what this guy is saying. I think this is one of the core gameplay problems with Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Played a game with Crimson and while it was fun it shows how its hard to really get organized with pubs. We all just stood around and defended until we got mauled in the end game. Pudge was ripping me apart, they had me solo the bottom against pudge and I think tinker. As Lion. That did not end too well

So the reason we all complete 60%+ of our passes is not just because of 95 speed WRs running drags vs Cover 3 all day.

Edit: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2048018633&postcount=21

I totally agree with what this guy is saying. I think this is one of the core gameplay problems with Madden.

I don't agree, some passing concepts are dictated on the defensive players reaction to route combos, not the ball.

Played a game with Crimson and while it was fun it shows how its hard to really get organized with pubs. We all just stood around and defended until we got mauled in the end game. Pudge was ripping me apart, they had me solo the bottom against pudge and I think tinker. As Lion. That did not end too well

I don't agree, some passing concepts are dictated on the defensive players reaction to route combos, not the ball.

Yeah I knew that game was going to be bad when they kept telling one of us to go mid. Dudes kept coming out of nowhere and stunning me and then the other guy would come and kill me before I even knew what was going on.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah I knew that game was going to be bad when they kept telling one of us to go mid. Dudes kept coming out of nowhere and stunning me and then the other guy would come and kill me before I even knew what was going on.

We had a Sven, a Bloodseeker, and someone else and they asked Crimson as Lich or me as Lion to go mid - wat

brentech

Lich mid can honestly be legit, but not typically seen. More importantly, if you're not comfortable going mid and say that, it would be smart not to send you there.

Nightz

I was watching that game and your team would have been decent if laned properly. The Sven/Bounty Hunter combo in the offlane was bad.

Some sure, but right now what the guy is saying is that on every play the AI defenders basically on omniscient about the location of the ball and all of their actions are determined based not on where it could go, but where it will go. They aren't playing the receivers route, they're playing the engine's calculated trajectory of the ball.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some sure, but right now what the guy is saying is that on every play the AI defenders basically on omniscient about the location of the ball and all of their actions are determined based not on where it could go, but where it will go. They aren't playing the receivers route, they're playing the engine's calculated trajectory of the ball.

After the ball is released, yes, and of course the exact moment it is released.

Top Bottom