• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

10394636_961735767256138_470697263073352783_n.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Blind attributes test for two defensive ends.

Who is the better pass-rusher, take a look and let me know who you would take:

Code:
    SPD  ACC  AGI  STR  AWR  TAK  POW  PUR  PRC  PMV  FMV  BSH
#1- 85   89   83   73   40   65   85   87   61   76   90   76
#2- 85   87   84   62   49   69   80   87   68   84   81   79

One of their stats looks like -

Code:
Tackles  Sacks  FF
  11       8    3

The other guy -

Code:
Tackles  Sacks  FF
   5       0    0

#1 is Giants LE Trey Ramsey, #2 is Falcons RE Derwyn Clark. Ramsey has 5 tackles no sacks, Clark has 11 tackles 8 sacks.

It is crazy how attributes so close can lead to disparities this large.

Blind attributes test for two defensive ends.

Who is the better pass-rusher, take a look and let me know who you would take:

Code:
    SPD  ACC  AGI  STR  AWR  TAK  POW  PUR  PRC  PMV  FMV  BSH
#1- 85   89   83   73   40   65   85   87   61   76   90   76
#2- 85   87   84   62   49   69   80   87   68   84   81   79

One of their stats looks like -

Code:
Tackles  Sacks  FF
  11       8    3

The other guy -

Code:
Tackles  Sacks  FF
   5       0    0

#1 is Giants LE Trey Ramsey, #2 is Falcons RE Derwyn Clark. Ramsey has 5 tackles no sacks, Clark has 11 tackles 8 sacks.

It is crazy how attributes so close can lead to disparities this large.

Have you looked up opponents and o-line stats? Clark is facing off with RT's who are almost always one of the worst part of a players o-line, that's a major handycap.

DCX

DCX
It could just be that the rest of the players on DCX's line are also better, which frees him up to do more.
Hageman eats up blocks and Beasley on the other side makes it a pick your poison situation.

If I was any good at usering, I should have an elite D :/

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maybe it's because of the Playcalling and where you line these guys up?

I'd take the one with the higher strength.

The one with higher strength and the highest overall in either of the pass rushing stats (90 FMV) is doing nothing.

Have you looked up opponents and o-line stats? Clark is facing off with RT's who are almost always one of the worst part of a players o-line, that's a major handycap.

Clark is facing LTs, Ramsey is facing RTs. We actually call plays very similarly but I don't often QB spy with my DL unless the QB and user are runners and its a critical situation.

It could just be that the rest of the players on DCX's line are also better, which frees him up to do more.
You think so? From Left to right based on the in game depth chart. OVR then PMV/FMV respectively

Falcons -

84 OVR (87/84), 72 OVR (80/63), 81 OVR (91/66), 91 (75/92)

Giants -

87 OVR (93/76), 94 OVR (96/66), 91 OVR (91/65), 85 OVR (76/90)

Hageman eats up blocks and Beasley on the other side makes it a pick your poison situation.

If I was any good at usering, I should have an elite D :/

DCX

Knighton/Hankins on the inside and Ayers on the other side make it a pick your poison situation.

There is zero explanation for the incredible ineffectiveness of this DE. Only thing I can even think of is coverage.

Schedule difference? Maybe you've faced better lines/people with quicker releases/better ability to escape pressure?

I mean I have two 90+ OVR DEs and their stats are:

Avril 4 tackles 2 sacks
Bennett 3 tackles 1 sack

So I dunno. My sacks are probably down at least partially because I haven't been playing user DL this season. There's also the whole thing like the dude on OS mentioned where defensive AI is dumb and your DL doesn't really use the moves it should.

GG Luke. I couldn't run the ball at all 1st and goal from the one and all I got was 3. got lucky when my guy caught that diving pick that he returned for a TD.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dota in 1 hr?

I was looking at Bowser's second half schedule, look at this gauntlet:

Saints
Redskins
Texans
Falcons
Giants
Eagles
Colts
Vikings

DAMN.

DJ Bowser

Yeah. I am not excited. It's something of an uphill climb to make the playoffs. I still think I have a good shot, but I'll need some people to lose.

DJ Bowser

you poor unfortunate soul having to drag the shambling corpse of your awful team to a possible playoff run. how do you do it... how!
It's only by a he grace of God I make it through the day, FMT.

Realistically, I think I'll definitely get to 10 wins. If I don't throw a ton of stupid picks by repeatedly forcing it downfield, that should be higher.

Don't tell me what we have and don't have!

All the seasons are a blur to me.

Don't you dare towelie.jpg me!
Only one person here can get the towelie.jpg

No time more appropriate than the other night when he told us he wasn't in MLB Show league last year after we gave him grief for his legendary performance all season

Top Bottom