• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

My window is tighter today, so if we could play at 7ET that would be great!

You have to fit into Rinse's tight window.

NFC Playoffs update:

5 seed: The Fighting Lil Bs 9-5 OVR 4-0 DIV 6-4 CONF
Remaining games: Vikings 10-4, Lions 2-12

6 seed: Slot Cheese 9-5 OVR 3-3 DIV 6-5 CONF
Remaining games: Colts 9-4 Vikings 10-4

Bubble Teams
49ers 9-5 OVR 3-2 DIV 6-4 CONF
Remaining games: Rams 10-3 Packers 0-13

Saints 8-5 OVR 1-3 DIV 5-4 CONF
Remaining games: Buccaneers 5-8, Giants 6-7, Falcons 9-5

Of note, with about 2.5 weeks left no one has clinched a division and unless my math is wrong I don't think anyone can clinch this week. I think every team sitting at 7-6, 7-7 is still sort of alive but they require so much help that it isn't even worth thinking about (except maybe Az who could probably make a run at the South).

The big thing to notice here is that at least 2 good teams out of these 4 will be left at home.

The Dolphins are gonna blow a first rounder on a running back.

Thanks for including me as the bubble team Purple

nice to know you assume things

I didn't include any of the teams with less than 9 wins except eznark. I did mention that all teams with 7 wins are still alive but they don't really directly control their own destiny at this point.

Your path to the playoffs, and that of everyone else at 7-6, is to go 3-0 and hope that Bowser/FMT/eznark/LilB all lose at least 2 more games.

By no means was it meant as a slight.

Math is below, but if Saints win this week current wildcard seeding goes to

Fifth seed: Saints (9-5)
Sixth seed: 49ers (9-5)

Bears (9-5)
Cowboys (9-5)

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

With a three way tie we still go all the way to conference win percentage, with Cowboys getting kicked out of the three way tiebreaker due to him having a 1.2 conference win percentage vs. me and FMT's 1.5 win percentage.

When this happens we go back to the two man tiebreaker rules with me getting the fifth seed over FMT due to H2H and FMT getting sixth seed.

And this isn't including if Saints win this week, causing a four way tiebreaker.

Interesting notes.

If Bears take division away from Vikings with two wins, Vikings get put into the wildcard where they will face Bowser in the last week of the season for the final wildcard spot. Of course this isn't including what ever record the Saints end up with, which might either launch a two way tie or a three way tie for the final wildcard spot. Also, this doesn't include the possibility of FMT losing to Rams next week.

So, yea, clusterfuck with too many different variables to do out in ones head.

Long story short, win out your games, let god sort out the rest.

EDIT:

Doing possible four way tiebreaker for this week, currently all the way down to the Strength of Victory (Cowboys are out due to current conference win %)

Current Strength of Victory tiebreaker if Saints defeat Bucs this week (This will be updated when the week is completed and all the other games are done as to update each teams record)

Saints: 1.196
49ers: .974
Bears: .900

Going back to two man tiebreaker after I'm out gives Saints the edge in Common Victories with a record of 4-1 vs. 3-2 (Eagles, Seahawks, Bucs, Lions)

Of course, this is all based on if the current wildcard seedings stay the way they are, one loss or win throws it all into whack, but there is a very real chance based on the upcoming schedules that the four teams in the wildcard race go 1-1.

LukeSmith

If I'm DM, I lay down against the Saints to set up the ultimate grudge match in Week 17:

Winner take all, Eznark vs. DCX

Soka's Jets have a real stake in beating Rinsler, too. Drops that wildcard in the AFC East to minimum six losses and lets the Raiders make their own destiny

If I'm DM, I lay down against the Saints to set up the ultimate grudge match in Week 17:

Soka's Jets have a real stake in beating Rinsler, too. Drops that wildcard in the AFC East to minimum six losses and lets the Raiders make their own destiny

wildcard in the afc east what? Rinse is winning the division unless he loses twice and I win out.

The Dolphins are gonna blow a first rounder on a running back.

I didn't include any of the teams with less than 9 wins except eznark. I did mention that all teams with 7 wins are still alive but they don't really directly control their own destiny at this point.

Your path to the playoffs, and that of everyone else at 7-6, is to go 3-0 and hope that Bowser/FMT/eznark/LilB all lose at least 2 more games.

By no means was it meant as a slight.

I know it is extremely unlikely. It is just week 15 and I'm not mathematically out yet and that is a thrill!!!

I'm sure dm has no actual idea what's going on in the league.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Luke, let me know when you would like to help ensure you get the #1 pick in the second round. :)

why the HECK is there no stream?
Did I forget to broadcast it after resetting my modem?

GG Cola! Cameron has a lot of fumbles. I can't stand that show 2 or 3 wide come out with only the QB behind center, then hurry up on top of it. But man my O was lucky today. Every big pass was because ure guy bites and misses a pick. Besides that 56 TD Landry TD which was a curl but I threw it before he broke so it became a fly.. Sealing it like I did felt good. I audibled to HB dive twice to seal it on two 3rd and 5s. The D was just perfect for it.

Tannehill: 104.5, 15/24, 210 yds, 1 TD, 0 INTs
Miller: 22 carries, 82 yds // 1 rec, 8 yds
Landry: 5 rec, 104 yds, 1 TD
Lucas: 4 Tkls, 1 INT

Grayson: 44.3, 14/28, 190 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs
Lucas: 6 carries, 28 yds // 2 rec, 28 yds
Edelman: 5 rec, 95 yds
Collins: 8 Tkls, 1 TfL, 1 FF

Just watch the replay on that Insta Suh sack, he was untouched with no1 blitzing.... Your Gaurd was just not ready for the snap or something

DJ Bowser

do any of the crockpot bros have anything for drumsticks?
What I do with whole chickens should work for drumsticks too.

It's basically, a can of cream of chicken soup. Fill 1/2 of the can of white wine- Sauvignon blanc or Chablis preferably- and add that. A few cloves of garlic and half an onion chopped as finely as possible and a few chopped red potatoes.

And a lot of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Simple but pretty tasty if I recall.

Remove skin. Season, wash, and dredge drums. Caramelize onions. Add OJ and some other non lemon citrus if u got it (pineapple!), soy sauce, and onions. Let it go.

I wouldnt crock pot drums tho. Id caramelize a bunch of onions in a cast iron skillet. Then Id lower the heat and add my Chicken with the skin on it still and crisp up the skin, flip it. Add OJ / Soy / pineapple w/e. Finish in oven at so it gets nice a crispy all over. If you do it right and dont overcook them before adding the Teriyaki mixture they fall off the bone just like

BigAT

I've gotten a lot of good stuff from allrecipes.com. They have a separate section dedicated to crock pot recipes.

Is it just me or does the surviving suspect from the Belgian bombing look like a blurry Humpty Hump?

kqakzVS.jpg

Thanks for all them suggestions. I got a huge craving for them today.

Wellie I would absolutely buy a grill but I don't have a backyard. I have seen some of my neighbors with one in the garage though, so I may look into this.

DJ Bowser

I generally do drumsticks in the oven... Though I was doing them too often and got tired of them.

Drizz's carnalized onion drumstick recipe might save me though.

I'm home now SOmnia if you want to play early

Shit I just noticed my speedy rookie did actually get hurt last game, Barclay out with 4 week Herniated Disc damn! He was really helping my offense!

Smokey

Well that was the first time my son woke up during the game hungry. Right around end of 1st quarter. Still a crazy game at the end.

Good
Game
Greg

Top Bottom