• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Who's getting MLB?

Where can I read more about their version of Ultimate Team? Operation Sports best bet? Reddit seems kind of dead.

I know a few of us are, we're probably going to do a small league within our Madden group.

I will also be spending a ton of time in diamond dynasty. It's different from last year but I think OP sports or Pasta Padre has some videos on that subject. I got the Digital Deluxe edition so I will hopefully be getting a head start. I got ridiculously lucky last year scoring a Stanton and Trout within an hour of playing!

LJ11

Their version is actually the best part of the game and imo a lot better than MUT. Just talk to ph33 and Crimson. They're experts on the subject at this point.

Will do, I'm looking forward to jumping in.

I'm not sure that I'm still addicted to MUT, I really don't work the auction house like I did in the past. Tonight, for the first time in months I worked it hard, and made some good cash. Just burned out on playing the AH, after a while you just kind of don't give a fuck.

Always like the Show, and haven't played in a few years, so it'll be something new.

I know a few of us are, we're probably going to do a small league within our Madden group.

I will also be spending a ton of time in diamond dynasty. It's different from last year but I think OP sports or Pasta Padre has some videos on that subject. I got the Digital Deluxe edition so I will hopefully be getting a head start. I got ridiculously lucky last year scoring a Stanton and Trout within an hour of playing!

Cool, look forward to playing with you guys, time for you guys to get your revenge.

What I like about DD over MUT is the cards change with the updates. So if some star is slumping irl, his high 90 rating could go to mid 80s next update. I liked the aspect of picking up players who you think will get a boost cause of their play and selling guys who are about to get downgraded,

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Who's getting MLB?

Where can I read more about their version of Ultimate Team? Operation Sports best bet? Reddit seems kind of dead.

I think I'm going to hold off to see if there is any improvement in online LOL. Even if it sucks I'll likely end up buying it like I always do. RTTS is still ace.
Op sports is going to be your best bet for The Show talk.

The gaf league will likely not be able to even start for like a month anyways.

LJ11

What I like about DD over MUT is the cards change with the updates. So if some star is slumping irl, his high 90 rating could go to mid 80s next update. I liked the aspect of picking up players who you think will get a boost cause of their play and selling guys who are about to get downgraded,

Yeah, when Zep told me about this it really spiked my interest. You can really do damage in the market place by buying low selling high, or vice versa. In Madden, everyone just waits for upgraded cards, EA issues them every week based on performance but you have to pull them in packs all over again, or do the set. The cards just continue to decline in value. You need to work the AH/flip mispriced cards or do a ton of solos if you intend on playing the game without spending $$.

I think I'm going to hold off to see if there is any improvement in online LOL. Even if it sucks I'll likely end up buying it like I always do. RTTS is still ace.
Op sports is going to be your best bet for The Show talk.

The gaf league will likely not be able to even start for like a month anyways.

The game probably wont be playable for at least a month. No chance I ever buy a Show game at launch again.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If its true that Fear and Sumail are headed to DC, seems like they all got fed up with Peter over something and secretly planned their way out.

Dota drama is the best (dumbest, stupidest) drama.

I wouldnt be surprised if part of the reasons go back to TI. Universe and Aui were bro's. Fear getting bumped to support.

Batman v Superman is getting shredded

Civil War save us
My old roommate from NY is a movie critic or some shit like that now and he was posting a lot that the movie was TRASH

Anyways does anyone have recommendations for a laptop that can run DOTA comfortably on max? I am basically looking for a machine that I can sit in bed with to play OOTP, but can also run DOTA. Maybe I can get rid of that stupid echo from my microphone.

When is Bucs-Saints happening? This is a big game

My old roommate from NY is a movie critic or some shit like that now and he was posting a lot that the movie was TRASH

Anyways does anyone have recommendations for a laptop that can run DOTA comfortably on max? I am basically looking for a machine that I can sit in bed with to play OOTP, but can also run DOTA. Maybe I can get rid of that stupid echo from my microphone.

When is Bucs-Saints happening? This is a big game

The MSI gaming laptops are generally highly regarded, I believe.

today is gonna be a bad day, grandfather is on his way out, my mom is a wreck.

If we vance today/tonight I might not be able to play Bird, I'll let you know.

Somnia

Ugh with that win my shot for the #1 pick drops.

But I have the Dolphins and 49ers left, if I can hurt someone's chances in the playoffs I'm all for trying!

DietRob

Ugh with that win my shot for the #1 pick drops.

I FINALLY WON SOMETHING!!!!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Boss. My grandfather passed a few months ago he basically raised me so it's still tough. Stay strong brother.

Sorry to hear that boss. Just be glad u got what time u did. 25 year old friend died in his sleep two nights ago. And now phife? He's had terrible health for decades but man, this week blows.

DietRob

Wtf @ the NX controller? Trash

yea, i've always wanted to play console games with a smartphone.

i have no idea who I should draft with the #1 pick. For now I'm leaning towards a WR but I have so many needs all over the field. i wish i could just draft a higher madden iq for myself lol

CB3

CeP-b9AUUAEnf2E.jpg

I cant. I cant actually deal with this right now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nintendo will be 3rd party in 3-5 years

They dont understand what they're doing and refuse to adapt.

Like..just make a fuking decently powered system with a somewhat normal goddamn controller .

It wasn't long ago that Yamauchi was saying that online gaming was a fad. GG Nintendo

DietRob

Like..just make a fuking decently powered system with a somewhat normal goddamn controller .

Not sure about the 3rd party prediction but totally agree on them not knowing what the hell they are doing.

They had huge success doing 'something different' with the Wii and now it just seems like they are constantly just throwing weird shit at the wall and hoping that it sticks so they can catch that lightening in a bottle again.

Smokey

Smash sure does sound fun playing on a controller with no buttons.

Which means they'll probably release a controller with buttons so how about you just make that the default controller and stop yourself from dying

their system hardware isn't that big of a deal. the games look and run fine on their consoles

their online networking/community blows and can't stream anything

I definitely hate the gimmicky shit too. their controllers are always a little funky but they make it work so I am not terribly concerned

I was hating on wii u gamepad forever till i realized I can station my wii U downstairs and the gamepad upstairs so i can fool around while waiting on pc or ps4. so at least they did something decent there.

not only does their console need a revival, some of their first party stuff does too. they had some great stuff this gen and some VERY meh stuff too

CB3

Smash sure does sound fun playing on a controller with no buttons.

Which means they'll probably release a controller with buttons so how about you just make that the default controller and stop yourself from dying

Nintendo won't die. They still rake in the money hand over fist portable stuff. They can afford quite a few failures before it gets to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if NX has compatibility with wiimotes/Wii U gamepad. They need to get away from the Wii brand but that gamepad is perfect for Mario Maker which seems like it will be a big property for them going forward.

Smokey

their system hardware isn't that big of a deal. the games look and run fine on their consoles

their online networking/community blows and can't stream anything

I guess the hardware has been fine for their art style or whatever, but you cant keep using gimmicky controllers as your primary input device. The market has shown they do not want that shit.

Top Bottom