• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Somnia

It will. What a disaster of a movie. I don't even know where to start.

Almost nothing in the entire movie made any kind of sense. I want my money and time back.

Ya I pretty much hated the entire film, there were a few things I liked. Such as Affleck as Batman I enjoyed, Gal Gadot as WW worked even if it felt like she was only in this to show up and hype her own film and I liked the LOOK of the film but that's something Snyder does right.

Otherwise I hated the vast majority of it. It was way too long, by the time it got to the fight I just didn't care anymore. It also wouldn't end, I felt like I was in Return of the King again it just kept going and going and going and going.... on top of that the pace and flow of the film was horrendous, if that was done right the length wouldn't have bothered me as much.

edit: Also Eisenberg should have played The Riddler not Lex.

Sooooo I didn't think I would feel this way so soon but I think Scott literally broke me yesterday. I don't even have feelings for Kenny Motes or Jarrick Barkley or DJ Rosemond anymore. And fuck JT Brandon. Alabama is the worst. I drafted a Trent Richardson :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ya I pretty much hated the entire film, there were a few things I liked. Such as Affleck as Batman I enjoyed, Gal Gadot as WW worked even if it felt like she was only in this to show up and hype her own film and I liked the LOOK of the film but that's something Snyder does right.

Otherwise I hated the vast majority of it. It was way too long, by the time it got to the fight I just didn't care anymore. It also wouldn't end, I felt like I was in Return of the King again it just kept going and going and going and going.... on top of that the pace and flow of the film was horrendous, if that was done right the length wouldn't have bothered me as much.

I agree on Eisenberg. I am trying not to be all hey that's not Luthor from the comics and shit but he definitely felt way more like Riddler, even going so far as to... trap Superman in a conundrum.

This is the one time I wish they would have taken their time and pumped out movie after movie. BVS, a Batman, a Superman, a proper "Dawn of Justice' - space them close together, idgaf. It just felt rushed and condensed to the point where it literally didn't make a lot of sense. What was Luthor's motivation? Fear? So Supes pissed off two billionaire geniuses? Surprised Oliver Queen wasn't also involved in the pissed off billionaire squad. Maybe bring Wilson Fisk over too since Snyder just mashed everything together.

Some coworkers are going to watch today and I just flat out told them they could walk in 45 minutes late and not miss a fucking thing. There's zero character build up, development, motivation - nothing!

What a fucking waste of such a valuable set of IPs. They'll still make $500 million but it sucks to waste such a great opportunity. Even AoU was better and that movie fucking stunk.

Somnia

What a fucking waste of such a valuable set of IPs. They'll still make $500 million but it sucks to waste such a great opportunity. Even AoU was better and that movie fucking stunk.

If they only make $500 it's a massive flop, the films budget was $250 million and with marketing its over $400. They will need to pull in around a billion worldwide to be considered profitable. Numbers from the Thursday showings should be coming in soon so we'll see, I don't see this having legs so honestly no idea how it'll do.

AoU was a better film than this by a lot, BvS had much better cinematography but that's not saying much.

Also the BvS soundtrack was pretty bland, shocked Hans Zimmer did it.

brentech

Yep, 5 picks, bad howell is back. 2 on deep balls green normally at least contest, two on just awful over/underthrows

Should have seen one of the throws Manziel made against AT. Shit was legit at least 8 yards left of target. Enough that AT thought I was throwing to a different receiver.
Then he comes back and throws 5 touchdowns and no weird throws against GQ.

BigAT

BvS is two and a half hours? I didn't have much desire to see it even before the reviews came in, but no fucking way at that length.

DJ Bowser

Luke, if you want some morning/early afternoon Madden, I could play for the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, I'll be around in the usual late evening EST time.

Splat

Zootopia was good! And I know people that liked BvS despite thinking it was going to be awful (I haven't seen it).

This season is going to push madden tiebreakers to the breaking point.

edit: I forgot Hill broke is collarbone. Always a key player right before the playoffs :(

DJ Bowser

Just reposting this wildcard tiebreaker formula:

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

If I win my last two, it's FMT or LJ and I as wildcards. If I lose one, it becomes a shitshow.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also the BvS soundtrack was pretty bland, shocked Hans Zimmer did it.

Haven't seen the film (doubtful at this point), but I've listened to the soundtrack. The only memorable song on there, to me, was what I'm assuming was the WW theme (Is She With You), mostly for it's strange guitar wailing. Didn't hear much of MoS themes in there, and Zimmer's 2nd Batman Theme isn't close to being as good as his 1st, and obviously not close to Elfman's.

BigAT

The AFC North is secured once again with the Steelers win last night combined with, uh, this....

tp5vhCe.png

When would you like to play?

I legit was looking too far ahead this week. that whole first half went by yesterday and I don't think even I knew what was happening until Bears-Vikings was over

Lesson learned : just win your fucking games and don't worry about anybody else

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I will say, I plan on being available to play later in the night, I do not want to attempt to play as soon as I get home. Does 9 PM CST sound ok?

Top Bottom