• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LukeSmith

I messed up not checking with the others but I stand firm in my belief.

And that it's like "oh it's just eznark" or "it's just DCX doing shady DCX things" or "Oh all of DM's games get simmed" (oh wait, only 3 this season, check the receipts) and we just keep letting stuff like that slide?

Come on. If it was FMT/CB/Wellie's team, it wouldn't have gotten CPU played early, 1) DCX wouldn't have even dared to ask, 2) you wouldn't have dared to approve it.

And that's the problem. You're supposed to be fair.

And you weren't.

Trasher

Caring about the playoff race is zzzzzzz. Actual important things are happening. Megatron is about to become 2nd only to Jerry Rice in all time receiving yards!

Soka, wanna play in 15, or now if you're around?

And that it's like "oh it's just eznark" or "it's just DCX doing shady DCX things" or "Oh all of DM's games get simmed" (oh wait, only 3 this season, check the receipts) and we just keep letting stuff like that slide?

Come on. If it was FMT/CB/Wellie's team, it wouldn't have gotten CPU played early, 1) DCX wouldn't have even dared to ask, 2) you wouldn't have dared to approve it.

And you weren't.
"Only 3" sounds like a lot to me

If anyone else was in the same situation I would have felt the same.

But somewhere down the road you'll need a spoiler win from someone and it'll just totally suck when your fellow playoff race mates get free wins.

But somewhere down the road you'll need a spoiler win from someone and it'll just totally suck when your fellow playoff race mates get free wins.

Like when I played dm a second time and lost, and then eznark and DCX got a free win against him at the end of the season, while the south division was so close? I don't care about the eznark sim, since he tried. But DCX getting the free win without even trying effectively took me out of the playoffs.

LukeSmith

i would literally say the same thing about anyone who played the CPU immediately upon vance without trying to contact his opponent. anyone in the league and i guarantee that!

"Only 3" sounds like a lot to me

If anyone else was in the same situation I would have felt the same.

So the two of you completely disagree.
What's going to happen the next time?

Is this just a case of Pheenix being defensive because he's being criticized for succumbing to DCX completely unreasonable request, [his request] which is pretty disappointing (hey we just advanced I'm going to play the computer)?

I guess you really showed eznark for berating you in DOTA all of those matches, eh Pheenix.

The disagreement here is that nobody cares about Eznark getting a free win because he tried.

And I don't listen to Eznark anyways in DOTA.

Next time it's FMT's call; not dealing with this anymore.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My only real issue with the whole situation is not making the effort to get ahold of him. FMT can attest to the amount of times ive tried to get him to get DM to be more active over the years. But ive played him twice in this years game and both times he was fairly easy to get a game scheduled with. Im sure other people have had a much harder time but the effort should atleast be made, especially with playoff repercussions.

My only real issue with the whole situation is not making the effort to get ahold of him. FMT can attest to the amount of times ive tried to get him to get DM to be more active over the years. But ive played him twice in this years game and both times he was fairly easy to get a game scheduled with. Im sure other people have had a much harder time but the effort should atleast be made, especially with playoff repercussions.

but dcx himself has also asked me to get ahold of DM and i always do. has he had a game simmed vs. dm in any of the seasons? i mean i don't know the actual answer to that but i know more often than not dm has responded and ended up playing (and he would've also played this week, he responded to me about eznark after the vance happened)

DJ Bowser

Well really, if DCX loses to eznark, DCX basically guarantees himself the six, eznark gets the four and FMT or LJ gets the five.

Like there's actual value in collusion to keep you and bigboss out of the playoffs because of your offenses.

This is kind of the key part:
You lack honor :(

Splat

Can't believe how hard I threw away this season. Some games were me, but a bunch my QB regressed by staggering amounts.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

And you weren't.

but dcx himself has also asked me to get ahold of DM and i always do. has he had a game simmed vs. dm in any of the seasons? i mean i don't know the actual answer to that but i know more often than not dm has responded and ended up playing (and he would've also played this week, he responded to me about eznark after the vance happened)

Huh wah.

I'm not paying close enough attention to know what the issue is, but I am ok being borderline obnoxious with trying to get hold of guys because I am in this league to play against other players. If I wanted to play AI or win the SB against AI I would play offline and crush All-Madden like we all do. The only person I really had issues with was Smokey but that's because the man just had a baby and my schedule was fucked that week since I started working again back from the injury.

However, I posted on Wrasslin GAF and a bunch of other topics DM was in to try and get him - shouldn't ever get to that point. Just like I said with McNeily, we all have lives and shit to do, let's respect either other's time and if we can't do that just don't be in the league plain and simple.

I am ok going 3-10 in my last 13 games (WHAT THE FUCK) than being a scrot and getting free wins to make it into the playoffs.

Trasher

Trasher and Soka just had the most ridiculous game for interceptions I have ever seen.

14 combined interceptions and at least 2 fumbles.

I had 4 or 5 fumbles. Lost three of them. 11 of the INTs were from my backup QB throwing prayers to Megatron! Or throwing short route passes to Ebron that he threw directly to the CB 12 yards back from him!

Vet came at 9 this morning, in order to knock her out before the euthanasia it took like double the dose for her weight, meaning that there was something seriously wrong with her circulatory system. After the first dose she started bobbing her head back and forth because of how high/drunk she was, my mom was freaking out but the vet assured her she's just a high and isn't freaking out, dogs that freak out usually try and stand up, cry and stuff, she just lied there bobbing her head. Second dose knocked her out, and after that she got the shot and instantly went.

It was time, we made the right choice, it just fucking sucks. The last six months she just couldn't do what she wanted to do. We couldn't bring her out for walks in the trails, she couldn't wrestle with the other dogs, there was so much she wanted to do but her body just couldn't. Then the last few weeks she needed help getting back inside, and the last few days she just didn't want to get up at all. I'm just glad we didn't have to drag her into a car and bring her to some random place to do it where she would be freaking out, very glad she was able to go in her bed surrounded by people she loved and lover her back.

LukeSmith

Vet came at 9 this morning, in order to knock her out before the euthanasia it took like double the dose for her weight, meaning that there was something seriously wrong with her circulatory system. After the first dose she started bobbing her head back and forth because of how high/drunk she was, my mom was freaking out but the vet assured her she's just a high and isn't freaking out, dogs that freak out usually try and stand up, cry and stuff, she just lied there bobbing her head. Second dose knocked her out, and after that she got the shot and instantly went.

It was time, we made the right choice, it just fucking sucks. The last six months she just couldn't do what she wanted to do. We couldn't bring her out for walks in the trails, she couldn't wrestle with the other dogs, there was so much she wanted to do but her body just couldn't. Then the last few weeks she needed help getting back inside, and the last few days she just didn't want to get up at all. I'm just glad we didn't have to drag her into a car and bring her to some random place to do it where she would be freaking out, very glad she was able to go in her bed surrounded by people she loved and lover her back.

Really, really sorry LostBigBoss

DJ Bowser

Worst feeling in the world, but at least you got to be by her side. It's only right that they know that they're loved in those moments.

My condolences, man.

cdyhybrid

Sorry man, shit sucks. It'll get better with time.

Sry Boss! Losing a pet sucks. Still surreal that the family cat isn't at my folks whenever I go see them.

Whats the one thing I must do in LA? I'm also gonna be in San Fran for a couple days to see my brothers new place.. Is there a quicker option than that $15 shuttle besides flying? No right?

sorry for your loss brother :(

Sorry man ):

thanks guys, I really appreciate your support and thoughts during this last week.

also I'm in for a final season if we have enough, gonna at least try to get back in the playoffs next season.

DCX

DCX
thanks guys, I really appreciate your support and thoughts during this last week.

also I'm in for a final season if we have enough, gonna at least try to get back in the playoffs next season.
Sorry for you loss Boss. Glad you are in for a final season.

DCX

BigAT

I am ok going 3-10 in my last 13 games (WHAT THE FUCK) than being a scrot and getting free wins to make it into the playoffs.

header.jpg

brentech

I'm almost certain to be done after this season. We've gotten through this one at an incredible pace, and it still feels like it's an eternity.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How to effectively destroy all your dinner plans:

Spot a Raising Cane's on the way home that you did not know existed

Eh, I don't get the appeal of the place. They opened one down the street from me and it's one of the only ones in Ohio that I know of. I finally gave it a shot after it had been there a while and it wasn't as packed as it always is.

Thoroughly Meh.. tastes like the same chicken fingers I can get at costco by the 100's. The sauce is good though I'll give them that. But those school lunch fries.. bleh..

brentech

Eh, I don't get the appeal of the place. They opened one down the street from me and it's one of the only ones in Ohio that I know of. I finally gave it a shot after it had been there a while and it wasn't as packed as it always is.

Thoroughly Meh.. tastes like the same chicken fingers I can get at costco by the 100's. The sauce is good though I'll give them that. But those school lunch fries.. bleh..

FMTs alternate account.

Did you have the sauce

or the toast

LukeSmith

There seem to be exactly zero establishments like what Pheenix and a bunch of you have in Seattle.

Raising Cane's? No idea what that even is

There seem to be exactly zero establishments like what Pheenix and a bunch of you have in Seattle.

Raising Cane's? No idea what that even is

raising-cane-s-chicken.jpg

It looks ordinary, but the secret is that the sauce is made of crack and some other stuff, and it's the kind of sauce you just mash everything in. The toast, the fries, anything.

Top Bottom