• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

tumblr_ljmdi0joei1qzyufx.gif

Lol

Phee, put me in madden mlb league only pls! No time for both :(

BigAT

Am i the only dumbass that preordered a PSVR?

As much as it sounds like the big three are all pretty good pieces of hardware (especially for first gen tech), there is just absolutely nothing on the software side right now that has me even close to justifying the purchase of a headset. Hopefully that changes in the next year or so, but right now I can't even think of a single title that is especially interesting to me.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Watching the giantbomb stream yesterday on the occulus assured me that I don't need to buy into VR for another year or two. It's a bunch of tech demos and mini games right now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Only one I'd consider is Vive. The Oculus stream yesterday showed how bad those are without the hand/motion controllers. Oculus needed to launch with the Touch controllers bad.

PSVR might have been possible, but after getting backdoor fucked by Sony on the PSN thing 2 weeks ago, not really looking to giving them more money than I already have.

Somnia

I'm intrigued by VR, but there is 0 software that will get me to buy this first generation as of right now.

I'm not saying I may not buy in eventually, but I need to see something amazing game wise to push me to it. EVE Valkyrie looks good, but that's not enough yet... honestly what I want are some real next gen Horror games on VR, that could push me to it.

Of the current VR tech the only one I think is kind of interesting is the Vive because of the controllers. My experiences working with and using VR have taught me that an XBox 360 controller is just completely inadequate for the experience (and will not work well for people who don't have a gamers muscle memory).

It's fine tech for marketing demos, brief "experiences" (like warping you to a concert for a song or touring some foreign place), and maybe roller coaster rides, but as I've maintained for awhile gaming is the LAST place it is going to work fully. And considering gamers are the ones who want it most immediately, I just don't know.

Is this true Soka?

Well he did go 16/45 with 3 interceptions in a must win game.

He also only attempted 16 rushes against a so so rush defense.

Trying to figure out my schedule for next season. I think we are back to AFC North and NFC South and the Redskins and Lions. Gonna be rough.

Sokantish

16 rushes for 9 yards. I'm no math wiz, but I don't think I was getting anywhere. Not my fault blue got a HFA game in Oakland. Plus, 80% of those incompletions were dropped passes! And that is NOT a number I just made up. Although I don't think I had 16 rushes, I feel like it was less. We're going to use your number because it makes me sound better

16 rushes for 9 yards. I'm no math wiz, but I don't think I was getting anywhere. Not my fault blue got a HFA game in Oakland. Plus, 80% of those incompletions were dropped passes! And that is NOT a number I just made up. Although I don't think I had 16 rushes, I feel like it was less. We're going to use your number because it makes me sound better

It was 16 according to Daddy League!

You also threw a lot of contested balls and admittedly it was one of those days where my defense decided to actually knock the ball out, so that certainly didn't help.

Sokantish

I've lost some real dumb games this season because Madden madden'd me. I think you are familiar with one of them! Wait, that was last season.

Just looking at rookie stats for this season, Wellie's rookie RB had 1500+ rushing yards. Bowser had two rookie receivers with over 1000 yards receiving. Soka's rookie MLB had 45 tackles and 10 picks (including that annoying user pick of my screen!). Derwyn Clark had double the number of sacks of any other rookie. Also Eznark had two rookies in the top 5 for interceptions by rookies, that kind of savvy drafting is probably a big part of the Saints resurgence.

And shit, I just noticed Julius Keith on the Rams. Leads all rookies in tackles with 51, 4th among rookies in sacks with 4, tied for second among rookies in picks with 9. Only defensive rookie in the top 5 for all 3 categories.

Sokantish

You know the worst part about the LBs is in the "Best LB" it looks like I knocked out my rookie out of winning it by getting too many INTs with Demario Davis on the Jets

Team Sack Totals

Bengals 21 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 9 + 11 + 6 = 50
Falcons 5 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 15 + 1 + 10 + 1 + 1 = 43*
Cardinals 3 + 8 + 2 + 9 + 10 + 7 + 2 + 2 = 43
Rams 4 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 9 + 8 + 9 + 1 + 1 = 40
Raiders 10 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 17 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 39
Patriots 4 + 1 + 7 + 7 + 8 + 8 + 1 + 1 = 37
Bills 1 + 1 + 4 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 8 + 1 + 6 + 3 = 37
Jets 1 + 3 + 5 + 3 + 7 + 10 + 6 = 35
Cowboys 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 7 + 6 + 5 + 9 = 34
Chiefs 1 + 1 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 8 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 5 + 2 = 33
Dolphins 3 + 1 + 1 + 7 + 8 + 4 + 1 + 4 + 4 = 33
Stealers 1 + 2 + 6 + 2 + 8 + 7 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 32
Bears 14 + 7 + 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 32
Colts 1 + 4 + 3 + 1 + 4 + 11 + 6 + 1 = 31
Jaguars 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 3 + 7 + 1 = 30*
Seahawks 3 + 1 + 4 + 7 + 8 + 5 + 1 = 29
Packers 4 + 1 + 4 + 11 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
Panthers 1 + 6 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 1 = 25
Chargers 1 + 9 + 1 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 25
Titans 5 + 1 + 1 + 8 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 24
Texans 1 + 2 + 7 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 4 = 23*
Racists 1 + 4 + 2 + 4 + 3 + 8 + 1 = 23
Eagles 1 + 6 + 4 + 7 + 5 = 23
Giants 1 + 1 + 3 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 20
49ers 1 + 8 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 20
Browns 2 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 19*
Saints 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 19*
Vikings 6 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 18
Broncos 1 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 16
Lions 3 + 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 14
Ravens 1 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 14
Buccaneers 1 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 7*

* = still has 1 game to play

The Cardinals are the only team in the top 5 listed as a 3-4 defense on the Daddy League site.

The AFC East has the 6th, 7th, 8th and 11th best teams in terms of sacks. In terms of total yardage these teams rank 7th, 14th, 16th and 26th. In terms of points they rank 9th, 13th, 19th, and 26th.

5 of the top 10 teams in sacks generated will likely not be in the playoffs.

At least 4 of the bottom 10 teams in sacks will be in the playoffs, 5 are possible.

(Actually I just looked at this, there's 3 teams tied at 23 and 2 tied at 33 so these numbers are slightly off I guess, but the point largely remains that there is no strong correlation between sacks and a playoff spot)

The league average is about 28 team sacks. 16 teams recorded below this mark. Right now 4 of those 16 teams are in line for playoff spots, so I guess having at least an average amount of sacks increases your odds to make the playoffs!

Also I included the individual counts for each team so you can see the distribution. 3 of the top 5 teams had a guy with 15+ sacks and two guys with double digit sacks. The other two teams (Cardinals and Rams) were more balanced and had a bunch of guys around 8 or 9 sacks.

Average NFL team gets around 2.3 ish sacks per game.

Broncos had 3.5 sacks per game last season.

So around 35 sacks per season is the NFL medium, while the best defense of the last season had around 56 sacks per season.

Seven sacks?!

Unless there is an error, yes. He recorded 1 vs Splat, 2 vs Wellie, and 4 in two games vs Az.

Also:

Bengals Carlos Dunlap (LE) + Justin Randall (DT) = 32
Raiders Von Miller (LOLB) + Khalil Mack (RE) = 27
Falcons Derwyn Clark (RE) + Vic Beasley Jr (LE) = 25
Cardinals Calais Campbell(LE) + DeMarcus Lawrence (ROLB) = 19
Rams Lawrence Zachary (LE) + Robert Quinn (RE) = 18

The top pass rushing duo, Dunlap and Randall alone had more sacks than 19 teams. Of the top 25 individual players in sacks recorded only 4 are defensive tackles, 2 of them play for the Bengals. The other two are Aaron Donald (Rams) and Steve McClendon (Pittsburgh). All the rest are defensive ends or outside line backers. Although I used Michael Benett as a DT in a lot of pass rushing scenarios and I'm sure other people have formations where DEs line up at DT so its hard to know for sure how often DTs or people lined up at DT get to the QB but it is obviously lower than edge rushers. That being said only 4 listed DTs landed in the top 40 of sacks in real life, so this feels pretty realistic.

Unless there is an error, yes. He recorded 1 vs Splat, 2 vs Wellie, and 4 in two games vs Az.

Also:

Bengals Carlos Dunlap (LE) + Justin Randall (DT) = 32
Raiders Von Miller (LOLB) + Khalil Mack (RE) = 27
Falcons Derwyn Clark (RE) + Vic Beasley Jr (LE) = 25
Cardinals Calais Campbell(LE) + DeMarcus Lawrence (ROLB) = 19
Rams Lawrence Zachary (LE) + Robert Quinn (RE) = 18

The top pass rushing duo, Dunlap and Randall alone had more sacks than 19 teams. Of the top 25 individual players in sacks recorded only 4 are defensive tackles, 2 of them play for the Bengals. The other two are Aaron Donald (Rams) and Steve McClendon (Pittsburgh). All the rest are defensive ends or outside line backers. Although I used Michael Benett as a DT in a lot of pass rushing scenarios and I'm sure other people have formations where DEs line up at DT so its hard to know for sure how often DTs or people lined up at DT get to the QB but it is obviously lower than edge rushers. That being said only 4 listed DTs landed in the top 40 of sacks in real life, so this feels pretty realistic.

Baldwin + 8 Weeks of Heyward = 20 sacks

#norespect

Top Bottom