• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finally got a first round bye!

Meanwhile I probably should have beaten you twice ;P

I'm majority DLine, because I don't trust my moving ability covering zones, damn sure don't on doing any man coverage, and my reaction time (both from lag and old age reflexes ;P ).

But I also rarely figure out wtf I'm doing on Dline, and not terribly effective there either.

Now, if we could turn on the option to keep me from switching to the closest player (and fucking up his momentum) as a "ban", then I'm all for that too. I do this way too often.

RE: Dline play

I hope the day we ban Dline play, we ban clicking on to other defensive players after the ball has been released, and a whole bunch of other things that are just "playing the game."

If someone is risk averse and plays line that's fine with me. You can absolutely crush them in the pass game.

Safety and LB have much higher skill ceilings for sure, but in the same way we haven't seen anyone like Soka's 17 INTs with Brandon Marshall, we haven't seen anyone as destructive on the Dline this year as Splat (not quite 36 shades of Wellington or however the fuck many sacks he had with Dunlap on the Bengals that season).

No one complains when I play Dline because I'm garbage and not disruptive like Splat? Maybe because I switch around to other positions? I dunno.

Also, so it's not just me defending Splat:
play count is much lower in our games vs. the NFL which is why the actual stats to compare would be sack rates per play, not total sacks. (Brees IRL 627 pass attempts this year, 559 for Somnia's Silva led the league -- Rodgers was 3rd at 472 attempts)

I'd bet the sack rates are much higher in our league.

i don't really mind DL play to be honest. my whole point is that it takes the risk out of playing defense. yes you can say "well what about the risk of opportunity lost for a turnover playing in the secondary" but you know what i mean

LukeSmith

Bowser is desperately trying to find a way to get his girlfriend to let him play madden.

69.jpg

brentech

Wtf none of my preorder packs show in game on mlb

nm, you have to activate them in a different spot, then they show up

Yeah, it's really dumb and cumbersome. Activate your code, then, figure out how to activate in game before you can open them.

I got shit all in my 20+ packs for the MVP version. A real garbage team I have.

rinse82

I don't know where anyone came up with the idea that you had to wait till 2 mins to chew clock.

For me, anytime under 4 mins is fair game to me. Isn't that the point if you're up late and have the ball?

DCX

DCX
I don't know where anyone came up with the idea that you had to wait till 2 mins to chew clock.

For me, anytime under 4 mins is fair game to me. Isn't that the point if you're up late and have the ball?
it was the fourth quarter with 6+ minutes left and I wanted to out pressure on him and as soon as I did there was bitching...I didn't need more heat so I turned it off. What results from that? Two bombs to McKay and a three and out from me and a game saving user pick to seal it.

If I would have chewed. I probably could have put enough pressure on him to stop me that he would make a mistake or press to hard on offense to score that he would make a mistake.

But here we are. Salt in every single form.

DCX

DJ Bowser

When you play with 6 minute quarters, chewing clock is an unreasonable thing to do until very late in the game.

I wouldn't do it, but I also am not an asshole who wants to win at any cost.

DCX

DCX
When you play with 6 minute quarters, chewing clock is an unreasonable thing to do until very late in the game.

I wouldn't do it, but I also am not an asshole who wants to win at any cost.
One play bro. Didn't make a difference.

Keep banging the drum.

McKay in the slot certainly is not a tactic to win at all costs. Fuck you all who think winning isn't a thing

DJ Bowser

Accel clock for one play and I turned it off after his pausing tantrum.

I can't help his all world o line goes to shit against my team.
I paused because it was a garbage move. "Hey, I'm winning so how bout we just end the game here". Your mock-justification is garbage. Your nano blitzes are garbage. My O-line goes to shit when people knowingly exploit the AI with MUT-level garbage.

Funny how it seems to only happen on crucial third downs where your DT's would sprint untouched for a sack before I could even throw a drag... And didn't happen again after 3 people (including me) mentioned nanos in the stream. Curious.

You could have won without the bullshit. I should have switched to playing safety to stop the corner routes early. That was my big mistake.

Don't act like my irritation at the way you play is irrational with idiotic justifications.

Edit: McKay in the slot was a season and a half ago now- and I stopped it because enough people mentioned it that I realized it was an actual issue. You still put Julio in the slot when you're down often.

Birdman02

One of the best ways to stop a high powered offense is to run clock and keep them off the field, but that's frowned upon in this league.

Somnia

I ran chew clock against Drizz with around 5 minutes to go, but I was also up by a decent amount... to be fair that very rarely happens to me so I don't know if that was looked down upon or not, but no one said anything including him.

I guess in a playoff game that is decently close I can see that being an issue.

Chew clock should be 3 minutes or less!

I've always been against chew clock, i'm very consistent, I'm like Bernie Sanders!

Trey Wingo @WingozEA
Calvin Johnson ends the year at the top of the heap with 0 tackles.

Congrats Trasher!

Birdman02

My new goal is to start the game (or the 2nd half) with a TD drive that takes the whole quarter. Going back to the bore you off the field offense.

I JUST FELT A BUMP UNDER MY FEET AT 34 THOUSAND FEET I'M NOT OK SOMEONE GET SUPERMAN

PS DON'T LOOK AT THE WINGS DURING BUMPY TIMES, THEY BEND AND FLEX LIKE FUCKING TWIZZLER STICKS

DJ Bowser

My new goal is to start the game (or the 2nd half) with a TD drive that takes the whole quarter. Going back to the bore you off the field offense.

Against me, your first drive lasted 5 minutes. It was miserable to only get the ball with a minute in the first quarter, but you didn't artificially shorten the game- you just slowly marched.

Top Bottom