• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get to play the ghost of CB tonight. :(

AI drafted me a QB and a DT. That DT they drafted in the first is fucking awful holy shit. Further they drafted two terrible CBs. I literally got no meaningful upgrades this offseason. GG Madden AI.

What the fuck, the OL is still in shambles.

brentech

works for me!

it may make you feel good to know that i spurned our game in favor of a wild doter comeback

A hell of a comeback if I say so myself!

bUvBaCE.png

DJ Bowser

I've never played a Dark Souls game- will I be able to pick up and play DS3? Is there a mode in the beginning to teach the mechanics or anything?

BigAT

I've never played a Dark Souls game- will I be able to pick up and play DS3? Is there a mode in the beginning to teach the mechanics or anything?

It should be no different than if you were picking up any other Souls game. There is a very basic tutorial area in the beginning that just shows the controls, but you will do most of your actual learning on the mechanics by playing.
read: dying

Haven't played DS3 yet, but every Souls game has been the exact same in this regard so I assume it is as well. It would be good to ask questions about items/stats/upgrades, as they typically don't explain that very well.

It should be no different than if you were picking up any other Souls game. There is a very basic tutorial area in the beginning that just shows the controls, but you will do most of your actual learning on the mechanics by playing.
read: dying

Haven't played DS3 yet, but every Souls game has been the exact same in this regard so I assume it is as well. It would be good to ask questions about items/stats/upgrades, as they typically don't explain that very well.

AT is correct on DS3. You'll be happy to know the tutorial "boss" becomes a regular enemy shortly after :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Of course it is. It's not like you have a ton of runs to chose from out of shotgun in real life either. I'm pretty sure the eagles only ran inside zone and outside zone 90% of the year

Trying to think of other ways to attempt to run from a shotgun. Side Toss (which is close enough to just be a shuffle pass), and some sort of counter play where the HB runs behind the QB, and the QB pivots and hands it off (More of a Pistol Formation play).

Trying to think of other ways to attempt to run from a shotgun. Side Toss (which is close enough to just be a shuffle pass), and some sort of counter play where the HB runs behind the QB, and the QB pivots and hands it off (More of a Pistol Formation play).

Remember when I used to run the counter out of the shotgun in NCAA and you got so pissed?

LJ11

I beat it consistently by one score. LJ always beats it by running punt-block defense when he needs to.

CPU Cam was the scariest though. He ran for 100 and threw for 400 yards on me.

The key is guessing pass when the CPU is doing play-action. That's the only time I would get good plays on defense.

LOL, yo the CPU is tough as fuck. It's one of the reasons I couldn't go on with this season, I still want to play but once the league got down to this size I'm not sure if it was worth it. Just sim past the CPU games, there's no fucking point in pulling your hair out. Lost twice doing it during our league.

Question about MLB? How come when I skunk a teams stronghold I still can't take it over. I think flipping cards is easy as fuck to do, but the transaction time is too long. If you're finding players with large bid/ask spreads then it's going to take longer for you to complete the trade full circle.

Conquest is fun, think I finally figured shit out except the above, which seems pretty big. Game is a grind, that strike zone view is pretty cool. I'll try and hop on one of these nights with you guys, team largely sucks but I still enjoy playing.

LJ11

When you run counters in this game the pulling G attacks the OLB, so he's going to attack the OLB no matter what. If the safety is in the box he completely ignores the S and goes for the OLB no matter. If you're running counters number count, make sure the odds are in your favor.

Regarding Dark Souls 3: It definitely seems like they've finally learned how to explain their systems. The blacksmith at the beginning straight explains how to upgrade, and a lot of the item descriptions are less vague as well

Question about MLB? How come when I skunk a teams stronghold I still can't take it over.

What exactly do you mean by that?

I can't do flipping cards, no patience. Instead I spent last week and this weekend playing with an all-Padres team so I could get Tony Gwynn. And then it required me to eat every single Padre in my collection and all the duplicates. My god it was a grind, I never want to have another living Padre on my squad ever again.

I think I am done grinding for now and will just enjoy the game. Going to try and rip off a 20-0 conquest run. I was at 5-0 when I lost yesterday and then I flat out forfeit the next one. Just knowing that 20-0 will get you a better reward than 20-1 makes it feel like having one loss is unacceptable.

I love Battle Royale in that you get to sometimes use players you normally wouldn't; for example when I restarted yesterday I was given the option of taking Barry Bonds/Reggie Stocker. Of course I took him, and in two games with him I haven't failed to reach base once and he hit a walk off for me in the second game. Dude is a beast and I want him so much now!!!

When you run counters in this game the pulling G attacks the OLB, so he's going to attack the OLB no matter what. If the safety is in the box he completely ignores the S and goes for the OLB no matter. If you're running counters number count, make sure the odds are in your favor.

You have to attack the stronghold. You can't just capture it with a capture turn if thats what you're attempting?

LJ11

You have to attack the stronghold. You can't just capture it with a capture turn if thats what you're attempting?

Ah, exactly, this fucking makes sense. I did that for a couple of areas and nabbed them, but then I just tried to capture it straight up, and forgot that I had to attack. Fucking hell, I'm an idiot. Appreciate it bud, I missed a couple of your messages, I end streaming baseball on one monitor, and grind on the other, so I miss messages and invites since I only put audio on the Stream I'm watching.

Phee, I want Ichiro, and Gwynn, but man it seems like a fucking grind I don't want to take on, but I probably will.

It's a lot more of a grind now. When it first came out there was some bug where you were getting like 3X more innings played than you should, now it's for real and it's the worst!!!

dont know if I should get it on my PS4 or PC

PC is still old with my 6970, but there are apparently huge slowdowns in the PS4 version a well as the frame pacing issues.

brentech

After being in DS3 for about 30 minutes, the computer did it's hard freeze thing again. Being that it has only happened in games, I can't help but think it's the video card or PSU. For a while I was leaning PSU, but now I'm thinking it's just the video --- just sent in an RMA request. Computer might be down for a while when they get to me.

Nightz

Just saw pics of JPP's hand after the fireworks accident. Maybe I should have done that more than 5 minutes after eating lunch.

brentech

Fuckin dragons man

Didn't actually kill me as I waited for it to clear a path, but I died at the next encounter. Dats a big dragon.

DCX

DCX
Rob, I could play tonight if you can manage. I'll be around tomorrow around 9:30-10pm est

Rocket League Team members, we need to get some practice games in soon.

DCX

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Rob, I could play tonight if you can manage. I'll be around tomorrow around 9:30-10pm est

Rocket League Team members, we need to get some practice games in soon.

DCX

I might be able to play tonight a bit later on maybe around 11pm ET. I'll message you on PSN

Top Bottom