• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Nope, that's the thread. However, you really don't need anything but meat and maybe salt to cook a good burger, unless you're grilling it improperly or overcooking it. Now everyone's in there giving him meatloaf recipes or telling him he'll die if it isn't well done. Fucking GAF.

I agree with you but I have tried some pretty tasty burger recipes too (beyond basic stuff). Also agree on the well done thing... Fucking hate overcooked burgers even more than overcooked steak!

How's the baby girl? What am I in for?

She's doing well. It has been a wild ride. I had never changed a diaper in my life until a few days ago. Lots of sleeping at odd hours. She sleeps during the day and goes crazy at night! Not a big deal right now waking up at 2 am then 4 am then 6 am because I'm off this week but it'll suck when I actually have to go into work :(

But overall it has been great. Just getting used to the life change!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I changed the first diaper of my life in february when i had to start watching my Nephew here and there. It was just another stark reminder that Im very far away from wanting a kid of my own.

brentech

She's doing well. It has been a wild ride. I had never changed a diaper in my life until a few days ago. Lots of sleeping at odd hours. She sleeps during the day and goes crazy at night! Not a big deal right now waking up at 2 am then 4 am then 6 am because I'm off this week but it'll suck when I actually have to go into work :(

Yeaaa, I never have either. Things are going to get crazy.

DCX

DCX
Smokey are you still playing games in Madden or are you done?

If done, I'll need someone to AP please.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
First game of overwatch, destroy the enemy team and get play of the game. Even Soka couldnt help but watch.

EZ GAME EZ LIFE

Smokey

I agree with you but I have tried some pretty tasty burger recipes too (beyond basic stuff). Also agree on the well done thing... Fucking hate overcooked burgers even more than overcooked steak!

But overall it has been great. Just getting used to the life change!

Mine hit 2 months today. I wanna say about sometime last week he started going to bed At 11 or 12, and waking up around 530-6a. He had his days and nights flipped something good for a while, and wasn't sleeping longer than maybe 1.5hrs at a time.

I can deal with 4 or 5 hrs of sleep, and then go to work. But that every other hr stuff rekt me

Mine hit 2 months today. I wanna say about sometime last week he started going to bed At 11 or 12, and waking up around 530-6a. He had his days and nights flipped something good for a while, and wasn't sleeping longer than maybe 1.5hrs at a time.

I can deal with 4 or 5 hrs of sleep, and then go to work. But that every other hr stuff rekt me

Lol I would love 5 hours of sleep right now!

LJ, I saw this posted on Twitter today, thought it was a pretty interesting read:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25577288/in-the-line-of-fire

bunch of offensive linemen on the state of offensive line play in the NFL these days and why they spend the off season at a camp run by a former offensive linemen. Includes former Oregon Duck Chris Long shitting on the coaching he received in college and a lot of praise for Alabama.

(And then I think about how Seattle drafted a guy from Bama recently and he was total crap)

LJ, I saw this posted on Twitter today, thought it was a pretty interesting read:

bunch of offensive linemen on the state of offensive line play in the NFL these days and why they spend the off season at a camp run by a former offensive linemen. Includes former Oregon Duck Chris Long shitting on the coaching he received in college and a lot of praise for Alabama.

(And then I think about how Seattle drafted a guy from Bama recently and he was total crap)

Pretty sure the only thing olinemen at Bama learn is how to hold and get away with it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Why on earth did they draft Carpenter in the 1st? Probably the worst LT Saban's had at Alabama.

Somnia

How does it run/control?

Felt fine when I played it last night, I prefer the PC version obviously, but it felt really smooth and controlled well on console.

Button placement with jump/abilities took some getting use to for certain heroes though.

played a bit of overwatch and it's pretty fun. i'll probably buy it since i still have some best buy credit and my GCU runs out at the end of may. now that amazon does 20% release discount with prime i don't think i'll re-sub to GCU

Smokey

The people defending the sniffer make me sick. Let a coworker snif my damn food. Catch a haymaker with the swiftness

I called those people out on like page 6. Tf is wrong with some people on gaf

One dude was like whats the worst that happens...you get sick and miss a few days of work..

da fuk

The people defending the sniffer make me sick. Let a coworker snif my damn food. Catch a haymaker with the swiftness

the only right answer
highfive.gif

LJ11

Why on earth did they draft Carpenter in the 1st? Probably the worst LT Saban's had at Alabama.

And yet Cyrus may be the bigger bust. Cyrus attended the Bentley camp last season, he improved but he's still a 3rd stringer and the Bills RT situation stinks.

Good read Purple, glad I saw the post. Your front office touched on most of this stuff in pre draft conference. Glad these guys are trying to improve their craft. Last year the Bills struggled on D because the players failed to communicate, it was too complex, people see Rex as a fool but fail to realize all the calls you need to make presnap. It's harder than ever to coach in this league, not to mention the short rope, hard to build a program, everything in flux.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Forgot how bad Cyrus got too. Something happened in his last year at Alabama, and his last game was shockingly bad. But he wasn't a 1st round pick.

And yet Cyrus may be the bigger bust. Cyrus attended the Bentley camp last season, he improved but he's still a 3rd stringer and the Bills RT situation stinks.

Good read Purple, glad I saw the post. Your front office touched on most of this stuff in pre draft conference. Glad these guys are trying to improve their craft. Last year the Bills struggled on D because the players failed to communicate, it was too complex, people see Rex as a fool but fail to realize all the calls you need to make presnap. It's harder than ever to coach in this league, not to mention the short rope, hard to build a program, everything in flux.

I think this was a pretty important draft for the Seahawks and while I like some of what they did I'm a bit curious about drafting 3 running backs and 0 pass rushers.

Still the one thing that Seattle continues to try and express in their press conferences and stuff is that when it comes to the draft they evaluate not in the way Mel Kiper does, but in how well they think a guy will fit their system. Obviously its easier to "trust the process" when the results have been as good as they have been, but I also remember that first season when they blew up the roster like 3 times.

Another thing I read about the OL and Seahawks was how they've been cyclical in the draft capital they've invested in the OL. The first couple years a bunch of higher picks, the next couple a lot of lower round or experimental picks, and then this year back to more high end draft capital and relatively conventional picks.

One thing also, like you mentioned the game is increasingly complex and as some of the guys in that article mentioned more and more practice restrictions are being created, I kind of wonder if at some point the NFL either increases practice/reserve squad guys or creates some sort of developmental league. I look at the mad rush for all the UDFAs and tryouts after the draft and think about how much talent there is that maybe could benefit from more structured development environments.

Of course it all comes down to $$$ in the end.

cdyhybrid

I think this was a pretty important draft for the Seahawks and while I like some of what they did I'm a bit curious about drafting 3 running backs and 0 pass rushers.

Still the one thing that Seattle continues to try and express in their press conferences and stuff is that when it comes to the draft they evaluate not in the way Mel Kiper does, but in how well they think a guy will fit their system. Obviously its easier to "trust the process" when the results have been as good as they have been, but I also remember that first season when they blew up the roster like 3 times.

Another thing I read about the OL and Seahawks was how they've been cyclical in the draft capital they've invested in the OL. The first couple years a bunch of higher picks, the next couple a lot of lower round or experimental picks, and then this year back to more high end draft capital and relatively conventional picks.

One thing also, like you mentioned the game is increasingly complex and as some of the guys in that article mentioned more and more practice restrictions are being created, I kind of wonder if at some point the NFL either increases practice/reserve squad guys or creates some sort of developmental league. I look at the mad rush for all the UDFAs and tryouts after the draft and think about how much talent there is that maybe could benefit from more structured development environments.

Of course it all comes down to $$$ in the end.

They needed to get a bunch of guys at RB - Rawls might be an injury question mark and C. Mike is still unreliable. Needed camp bodies at the very least, and they also needed guys that could contribute. The pass rushers I'm not as concerned about, although they can certainly get better. I think they are expecting Frank Clark to do some good things for them this season.

I think they were honestly fine with the OL the last few seasons, and they haven't really been completely proven wrong by the market. A lot of the guys that they let go got signed elsewhere (Giacomini, Carpenter, Sweezy, etc.), so it's not like those guys were complete bums - although that might be more reflective of the sad state of OL play in the NFL in general than a reflection of their viability as quality NFL players.

I do find it pretty interesting that it seemed that a lot of the hand-wringing over the proliferation of the spread offense in the college game was over QBs, when it seems the OL has been the group that has suffered the most.

Top Bottom