• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

wings.jpg

Secret sitting at the bottom of their division now.

Somnia

Before last night I said GS in 7.

Now it's GS in 5.

I've been saying GS in 5 the last couple days though I wasn't sure, but after last night I am. The fact GS won the way they did with Steph and Klay not even playing that good just shows how much better GS is as a team.

I'll believe this when I see a game that looks competitive for more than 5 total minutes.

The Cavs had the lead in the third quarter until Tyronn Lue waited too long to get LeBron back in the game in the 4th.

One loss is one loss, unless it's a clear shit team against someone way over their heads, there's no way of defining how a series is going to go until the 3rd game.

Miami looked historic against the Hornets in their first two games. Then Charlotte won three. Suddenly Miami was figured out. Then they win 2 straight. People were saying "Spurs in 3" after their massacre of OKC in game 1.

BigAT

The Cavs had the lead in the third quarter until Tyronn Lue waited too long to get LeBron back in the game in the 4th.

Uh, were the Cavs ever up more than a single point in the third? It's not like they had a real lead of any significance ever.

You say people are overreacting after game 1, but it's not just the result of that game, it's also everyone's expectations leading up to the series.

brentech

I included that as part of my 5 minutes. They crawled back from a 14 point deficit to take that lead, and then immediately had 18 points dropped on them. That and the early game were the competitive minutes.

I'm a, "I'll believe it when I see it", kind of person when it comes to sports. I'm obviously aware that crazy ass shit happens, but it's just that. Crazy ass shit - not a likely outcome.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The cavs are as fraudulent as the rest of the Eastern conference. People jumped back on their bandwagon when they ran through the Pistons and Hawks like that is some crazy accomplishment. Then the Raptors took two games off them.

The cavs are awful at defense, can stagnate on offense pretty easily, and they all fucking hate eachother. If they lose the next game, lebron is gonna start sulking around like a child again and it will all be over.

Uh, were the Cavs ever up more than a single point in the third? It's not like they had a real lead of any significance ever.

You say people are overreacting after game 1, but it's not just the result of that game, it's also everyone's expectations leading up to the series.

The game was plenty competitive to me, games have their dips and all that but it was just really ugly and not what I expected.

I'm guessing all of us had Golden State winning (I had them in 6) but the first game cannot define how the rest of a series will go regardless of your expectations. If that was the case Dwyane would have 4 rings instead of 3 because of that BUM LeBron in 2011.

People jumped back on their bandwagon when they ran through the Pistons and Hawks like that is some crazy accomplishment.

I do not remember this, ever

I suppose I am the opposite of "I'll believe if when I see it", I feel like I need 3 games before I feel like I can say "yeah that team is cooked". And even then I don't know for sure. I'm not sure Tyronn Lue will find a way to outcoach Steve Kerr but I remember people laughing at Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson.

DCX

DCX
I don't know what the Cavs doing with thier defensive rotations, they were switching on any movement. It seemed that all GS had to do was run a loose weave and the Cavs were switching with no screens set. Gave the Warriors favorable matchups without even earning it.

DCX

Ferny

One loss is one loss, unless it's a clear shit team against someone way over their heads, there's no way of defining how a series is going to go until the 3rd game.

Miami looked historic against the Hornets in their first two games. Then Charlotte won three. Suddenly Miami was figured out. Then they win 2 straight. People were saying "Spurs in 3" after their massacre of OKC in game 1.

You keep bringing up a series that neither of these teams were apart of. Cavs had an insanely easy road to the Finals. The Warriors played much harder competition. Managed to come back and win THREE straight games against a team that for all intents and purposes is a much harder matchup problem for the Warriors than the Cavs are for the Warriors.

The cavs are as fraudulent as the rest of the Eastern conference. People jumped back on their bandwagon when they ran through the Pistons and Hawks like that is some crazy accomplishment. Then the Raptors took two games off them.

The cavs are awful at defense, can stagnate on offense pretty easily, and they all fucking hate eachother. If they lose the next game, lebron is gonna start sulking around like a child again and it will all be over.

Exactly this.

The game was plenty competitive to me.

What game were you watching? The GS bench destroyed the Cavs. How is that competitive?

You keep bringing up a series that neither of these teams were apart of. Cavs had an insanely easy road to the Finals. The Warriors played much harder competition. Managed to come back and win THREE straight games against a team that for all intents and purposes is a much harder matchup problem for the Warriors than the Cavs are for the Warriors.

Exactly this.

What game were you watching? The GS bench destroyed the Cavs. How is that competitive?

My point of bringing up those series is that everyone just treated game 1 like the Super Bowl. This whole "Easiest path to the finals ever" gets brought up every single year it has never really proven to matter, the better team is the better team regardless of the path.

The Cavs missed a lot of shots in the paint that they normally make. Golden State had to win in an unconventional way. That was probably going to happen coming in, but will it continue to that extent? Their best players were a bit off, we expect them to come back to life but who knows when that happens. The Cavs still have a chance to steal 1. I would like them to get swept though.

I don't even know why it sounds like I am arguing that the Cavs will come back and win. I don't think they will. I just don't want to disappoint myself after a one game sample size.

CB3

My point of bringing up those series is that everyone just treated game 1 like the Super Bowl. This whole "Easiest path to the finals ever" gets brought up every single year it has never really proven to matter, the better team is the better team regardless of the path.

You're basing it off one game. My argument is that I think alot of people expected this even before that. I was telling AT in game 6 of the Thunder/Warriors series that either of these teams were going to poop all over the cavs

I sold a bunch of games and got Amazon credit, I might get Overwatch digitally because I'll only have spent 12 bucks on it /FMT

lol holy shit, I just remembered in CS GO that I bought some skins a while back because I made 136 selling that one knife and decided to get me some nice ones and pocket the rest. I've gotta have at least 60 bucks in steam credit. apparently I have a deagle, rifle, and SMG that have skins around 20...and as of recently sold for 150 one day @.@

CB3

My internet died right as that game ended. I would have been super salty if it happened when we were defending.

Edit: Got a box with a Skin, Highlight intro for Mei, and 500 coins. Best box ive gotten for sure.

Ferny

My internet died right as that game ended. I would have been super salty if it happened when we were defending.

Edit: Got a box with a Skin, Highlight intro for Mei, and 500 coins. Best box ive gotten for sure.
Give me the highlight intro. She's my bae anyway

Top Bottom