• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

Apparently Kimbo Slice has passed away

RIP
Holy shit. He came to my wrestling school once. Stopped by and asked, "How long until you get me into the WWE?"

When told that wasn't how it worked, he politely them the trainers and left. Heard he was a decent dude as well.

no bkb's on cores against a tide, lich, riki.... Team Liquid playing a signature Madden GAF brand of dota
crazy.gif

I honestly wish I knew ASM better than I do.

who in here knows how to program and what languages do yall know?

Splat - video game guy so I'm going to assume C++
Brent - ???????
lilfukboi - in school so prolly python?

I can write C++ but I'm at best intermediate, I haven't had to write it professionally on a daily basis since my first job. I try and use it in my free time to brush up and I usually use it in job interviews. I am fluent in Objective-C having shipped a decent number of iOS apps. I know the subset of C# needed to write games in Unity (I used to know more when MFC was still in vogue). I can comfortably write some rudimentary Perl and Lua as well and I can read basic Python and Javascript.

Those that know C++ how hard is it? I've heard its the hardest one to learn

I guess it depends upon what you mean by learn and what your language background is and how you go about learning it. In general the place most people get fucked up when it comes to learning C++ is pointers because so almost no other introductory language in this day and age requires such heavy memory management or having to think about things like stacks and heaps. Its funny a lot of pointer stuff made more sense later on after I took CPU design and learned ASM.

Somnia

Are you the new Somnia?

I wonder if my curse has transferred, lately the teams I've rooted for have been winning (except the Lightning in Hockey)!

edit: Also early 2017 looking crazy with Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Mass Effect, Scalebound, Yooka-Laylee or however it's spelled.

Smokey

Just actually started my six month co-op, main language is C# but I have experience in C and C++ (mostly C++)

You're close to graduation? Grats on the co op!

Man I'm coming up on 6 years from my college graduation. Time flew.

Shake - Try Pluralsight. They have a trial option. Courses on pretty much any IT topic you can think of.

brentech

I must be getting close.
http://howlongtobeat.com/ shows an average, non rushed time of 30h 32m to finish DS3, I'm finally getting to 29 hours
goodjob.gif
after not having my video card for a couple weeks....that and I basically play the game in 30m-1h blocks

I'm heading out of town late Wednesday night and return on Monday. Need to get some Overwatch in.

Ferny

Had friends visiting over the weekend so I had no time to play anything. Hopping back on the Doterwatch train tonight.

I must be getting close.
http://howlongtobeat.com/ shows an average, non rushed time of 30h 32m to finish DS3, I'm finally getting to 29 hours
goodjob.gif
after not having my video card for a couple weeks....that and I basically play the game in 30m-1h blocks

I'm heading out of town late Wednesday night and return on Monday. Need to get some Overwatch in.

Tonight fellas. Lets get some OW trains going. Shake has deserted us :(

DCX

DCX
I saw you came into my game yesterday. I had to go right after or I would have played some matches with you man.
It's all good. I need to learn how to play. Played three games. One victory but by the third game I felt pretty good with the gunplay and movement.

I only have tried out Agent76. I'll just give each character at least ten games before I start falling in love with certain specific ones.

DCX

Ferny

It's all good. I need to learn how to play. Played three games. One victory but by the third game I felt pretty good with the gunplay and movement.

I only have tried out Agent76. I'll just give each character at least ten games before I start falling in love with certain specific ones.

DCX

He's real good. I would just jump into Vs AI games and give different ones a try each game.

Smokey

Have you even touched the game since then? I doubt it.

Actually I have, but I've been pretty busy with grown up stuff. Met some cool random people with mics and we partied up. Won quite a few in a row. I appreciate your curiosity, and I was being sincere. You really are the best at OW.

We'll give you a call if our win rate gets too high and needs to be lowered.

Are you Phil Jackson?

Ferny

Actually I have, but I've been pretty busy with grown up stuff. Met some cool random people with mics and we partied up. Won quite a few in a row. I appreciate your curiosity, and I was being sincere. You really are the best at OW.

Let me know when you wanna get that 44% to 50%. I'll help you, no bullshit. I enjoy charity work.

Not sure any of you are going to like MyCareer anyways. The first part of it (3 games of high school, 4 games of college, 8 'story' games your first season) before you can even apply upgrades takes a little bit of time, but it's a good place to start getting used to the controls and all that. But if you don't apply VC I best recommend playing that shit on Rookie or Pro, your guy isn't gonna be able to do dick.

Unless of course...............

You want to put some VC in. And you guys got this game for free so you should!

I am looking forward to team up with real players though.

BigAT

Not sure any of you are going to like MyCareer anyways. The first part of it (3 games of high school, 4 games of college, 8 'story' games your first season) before you can even apply upgrades takes a little bit of time, but it's a good place to start getting used to the controls and all that. But if you don't apply VC I best recommend playing that shit on Rookie or Pro, your guy isn't gonna be able to do dick.

Unless of course...............

You want to put some VC in. And you guys got this game for free so you should!

I am looking forward to team up with real players though.

Wait, that mode is pay2win? Fuck all that.

Good Xs and Os breakdown of the differences between what Golden State's offense dealt with when facing OKC vs. facing the Cavs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSOSHeHyKCY&feature=youtu.be&t=37

TL:DR - The Cavs don't play defense.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wait, that mode is pay2win? Fuck all that.

Either 2k14 or 2k15 i saw guys on the mycourt with 99 ovr created players within a day or two of release (or the mode working).

The team up with the actual NBA teams is the mode without the pay to win shit.

Either 2k14 or 2k15 i saw guys on the mycourt with 99 ovr created players within a day or two of release (or the mode working).

The team up with the actual NBA teams is the mode without the pay to win shit.

It was 2k14. Starting last year your initial max is 88 or 89, and then you have to grind and earn your way to 99, and you have to earn the badges too. I have a PG, SG, Inside/Outside C who are maxed out and have all the badges. If only could I loan them out!

You don't have to put money into that mode (Unless you want to go online right away) you can earn the VC playing the game off-line but that takes quite a bit of time.

If you guys really wanted to get in on Pro-AM action, it would take like 30-40 bucks to make your guy decent enough to play with us right away.

The teamup mode is probably going to be more fun though, it gets old playing with a bunch of 99s, people actually have player types they have to play to

Top Bottom