• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

I can't believe you guys managed to stick with that story mode. I'm still trying to come to grips with Frequency Vibrations. I couldn't take any more than that, I'm done.

brentech

I can't believe you guys managed to stick with that story mode. I'm still trying to come to grips with Frequency Vibrations. I couldn't take any more than that, I'm done.
I can't wait to dig back into it. Seems like the greatest story ever told.
Get back home late Monday

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
hqdefault.jpg

LukeSmith

I just got back from my weekly checkup of my parents' house, they've been overseas since late March.

Sometime in the last week the fridge/freezer shut off and didn't turn back on.

Holy shit, I now know what the worst thing I've ever smelled in my life is. And possibly the most disgusting thing outside of a dead animal I saw being eaten alive.

There were maggots all over the place and some flies came out to greet me. I shut that shit immediately and almost puked (Then had to re-open so I could take a picture) I decided to just turn on the freezer and go back tomorrow to clean it out. I have no idea if that's a good idea but I'm hoping it can kill off some of them and make it easier to clean. I think it's entirely possible they have to replace the whole unit though. That shit was baaaaad in there.

oh my

Ferny

It looks like an entire department at my job is gone after last night. 7 people went to go celebrate a birthday or something to that degree and were at that club. All gone. Didn't know them personally, but still wow.

So crazy. Orlando really has been turning to shit over the last two years.

It looks like an entire department at my job is gone after last night. 7 people went to go celebrate a birthday or something to that degree and were at that club. All gone. Didn't know them personally, but still wow.

When I read about people dying in a Orlando nightclub I actually thought about you first, but when I read that it was a LGBT club I figured you personally were ok but thought you may know some of them. That's terrible man I'm glad you're ok though.

Smokey

As in all 7 are dead?

holy shit if that's what you meant, i'm sorry man. I literally thought of you earlier but as phee said I figured you were ok since it was a LGBT spot.

Ferny

As in all 7 are dead?

holy shit if that's what you meant, i'm sorry man. I literally thought of you earlier but as phee said I figured you were ok since it was a LGBT spot.

Yeah, as far as I know, the overall department lead got told that six people are dead and 1 is in critical but it's not looking good. The guy was celebrating his 30th birthday too. Super sad.

I thought you meant they got laid off, Ferny. Didn't even know about the shooting yet... Just woke up.

Holy fuck man... Seems they just stopped someone in LA with explosives in their car. What the fuck is going on today

you probably didnt even play any of the Mass effects

probably just aping other people opinions like you always do!

last hour was ass cheeks but the 3 games and the universe within were fantastic -OR- I'm just a sucker for space games :(

Played all three. Was really angry that all my choices in the first two games amounted to dick at the end, especially when they told me my choices would mean something.

Honestly, the last great game they made was DA:O. Everything since then has been pretty mediocre.

DCX broke the single season records for passing yards, passing TDs, rushing yards, rushing TDs, receiving yards, and receiving TDs. He missed the mark for catches by 6.

Aaron Rodgers broke the single game passing yards mark twice in the zombie season. Lone's QB broke it once. And Colin Kaepernick missed it by 4 yards. DCX topped the single game mark for TD passes, rushing yards, rushing TDs, receiving TDs once each in the zombie season.

4 of the 8 first round playoff teams are CPU, also Phee is set to auto pilot.

DCX

DCX
DCX broke the single season records for passing yards, passing TDs, rushing yards, rushing TDs, receiving yards, and receiving TDs. He missed the mark for catches by 6.

Aaron Rodgers broke the single game passing yards mark twice in the zombie season. Lone's QB broke it once. And Colin Kaepernick missed it by 4 yards. DCX topped the single game mark for TD passes, rushing yards, rushing TDs, receiving TDs once each in the zombie season.

4 of the 8 first round playoff teams are CPU, also Phee is set to auto pilot.
Pretty history season for the Falcons. Only to lose to the Seahawks in hilarious fashion in the playoffs! Can't wait!

DCX

LJ11

Watched some of the EA competitive tournament last year, one guy ran FB Dive three consecutive times, with Marshawn Lynch subbed into the FB spot. All those guys play like that, it's fucking awful.

They ran two tournaments this year. First one was via Draft Champs, second is tomorrow I believe via Salary Cap mode. The finals of the first one was pretty good, Moe vs Skimbo went to OT, but the tournament itself was rather trashy because you were stuck with draft mode. Skimbo passed a ton, and Moe wrecked him with inside zone because of the D Skimbo ran.

Salary cap mode has been much better, guys using playbooks they are comfortable with, teams built from scratch. Problem ran nothing but fullback dive, it was fucking amazing. He ran the FB dive that has the FB in a 2pt stance, put Gronk there, and trucked the fuck out of everyone. FB dive and Toss, he did what he had to do to get to the last group, boring as fuck. You will always have some broken blitzes, there are some good players left and I doubt the FB dives wins out. I hope the Madden Daily guys take it home because they're honestly cool dudes in the community, everyone of them is chill, and are East Coast.

Some dudes got to play Madden 17 last week, I'm starting to get my hopes up. Zone D is back, zones do what you tell them to do, and user control is way better. Lets see how it works out.

New Madden Trailer.

New franchise features

Moments and game planning.

On top of everything else we’ve added this year, you’ll see features in the game directly influenced by community wishlists including the addition of the score ticker, full player editing, practice squad and more.

If you’re playing a Monday Primetime game, you’ll see final scores tick by for all the other league games. If you’re playing in a Cloud league with your friends, their played games will be treated like every other game.

Practice Squad
Each team now has a 10-man Practice Squad that they can control week-to-week.

Dynamic Development Trait
Each player’s development trait is the biggest defining factor in how he develops. Players with a Superstar trait will stay in the league longer and develop into the top tier talent, while players with the Slow trait will not make it in the league long. You will now be able to see it quickly on the Player Card with prominent placement and a new icon.

Since the development trait is such a key part to a player’s success, we want to make sure you can influence it. In Madden NFL 17, if a late round draft pick has a breakout season and wins Offensive Rookie of the Year, he will most likely go up a development trait level. Actually, any major season award and weekly award will have a chance of increasing it. What goes up must come down. Once a player fails to reach their season goals they have a chance of dropping down a development trait level. This fluidity makes sure the league is an organic system that reflects player performance.

Regression Feedback
As a coach or owner, you need to have a pulse on your team’s development and you need to know exactly when your team regresses and now you will in Madden NFL 17. Anytime a player on your team regresses during the season or at the end of the season, you will be prompted with a detailed report so you can calculate your next move.

Player Card Improvements
The Player Card has been bolstered with three key improvements. The first is a way to quickly see all the attributes for a specific player and how they rank in the league based on overall rating. The second is a view so you can see the progression history for the player. This lets you see where all the XP came from and when ratings have been impacted whether through progression or regression. Last but not least, the player card is now accessible from more areas so you will always be just a step or two from seeing the information you want.

Gameplanning
Know your opponent’s tendencies every week then pick the right drills to attack and counter those tendencies in game. This new level of strategy delivers more variety and more fun when preparing for your next opponent, whether it’s a user or the CPU. Once you’re in game, expect to see a team boost for those plays you practiced helping you earn that critical score or a defensive stand to secure the win.

Choosing Your Gameplans

Each week you will choose an Offensive and Defensive gameplan. The initial gameplan is determined based on your opponent’s tendencies, but you can switch to a different one when you see fit. Each gameplan is associated with an in-game drill that will teach you how to succeed and then based on your performance will give you a gold, silver, or bronze medal. The medal determines how many experience points (XP) and in-game boosts your players will have for that week.

Each gameplan will give XP to two position groups. For example, many passing gameplans benefit your QB and WR groups while many rushing gameplans benefit your HB and OL groups.

In-Game Boosts
At the beginning of each game, you will be notified of the active boosts which are tied directly to the gameplans you chose. For example, if you choose the Vertical Passing offensive gameplan, then your players will have ratings impacted any time you call a Vertical pass play during that week’s game. It’s the same for defense. For example, if you choose the Cover 2 defensive gameplan, then your players will have ratings impacted any time you call a Cover 2 play during the game.

Plays that are boosted are highlighted in green in Play Call. You’ll also be able to see the active boost in the Previous Play widget.

Tendencies
The offensive and defensive tendencies of your opponent are tracked week to week giving you the information you need when selecting your gameplan. Does your opponent bring the blitz or does he/she play man or zone coverage? It will be easy to tell with the tendency information.

Player Focusing
To give you more control on how your team develops, you will select three players to focus on each week. These players will get extra XP so they can develop into the players you need for your team. For example, the Bucs and Titans can use this to help their 2nd year QBs while the Jags can focus on developing their young defense by selecting Ramsey and Jack. At the beginning of each season, the initial focus players are the top three players picked up in the draft, but you can adjust this to focus on who you feel is most important.

Top Bottom