• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Greg

felt like that should've been user picked initially anyways, but the deflection was cool

Green got hot at the end there... pissed because I read I think 3 of 4 perfectly and couldn't make a play on the ball

Splat

felt like that should've been user picked initially anyways, but the deflection was cool

Green got hot at the end there... pissed because I read I think 3 of 4 perfectly and couldn't make a play on the ball

It would have been user picked if your DPI hadn't moved your CB to the side a little ;-)

I wish I could make gifs, because I would like to go back and gif the play where phee threw a pass, had it deflect 20 feet into the air and land right on Earl Thomas who stood there and did not catch it even though I was pressing triangle.

It was pretty impressive.

Dang, I didn't have auto archiving on. It is lost forever.

Smokey

Any of the brehs in here with 401k/retirement accounts? Wellie?

I think I need to adjust my shit. Oil at < $30 got me shook, and I need enlightenment.

Invest in property

81oC5pYhh2L._SL1500_.jpg

Go for the yellows and reds

Az, tonight is a bad night for me, would have to be pretty late start. Tomorrow night would be a lot more reasonable. I'll be home around 11-midnight est tonight.

Somnia

I just want to watch Vinny play games all day

I wish he did more live streaming and stuff, I know he's really busy outside of work, but I could watch him play anything really.

I played through Life is Strange, but sat their their play through because of Vinny.

The thing to remember about 401k accounts is that even when stocks are down, you are still buying in each pay period, so you come out ahead in the long term

Also, can the person in charge of thhe leaguedaddy put my username in there for the redskins? (Sully907) it still shows mcneily

Smokey

Smokey,

check out bettermint/wealthfront

Yeah I actually signed up for betterment a few weeks ago. I may put something in there in the next week or so. I'm assuming you use it and like it?

The thing to remember about 401k accounts is that even when stocks are down, you are still buying in each pay period, so you come out ahead in the long term

I dunno man. My company you are able to split your selections into 7 cats from 100% : company stock, equity units, extended market, international equity, bond units, balanced fund units, and common assets. Since I am in my 20s, I've been aggressive. Common and bonds have the least (I think like 5%). The rest is a mixture, but I know stock is the highest. Since I work for an oil company I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore. I rode it out in 2015, but now I'm a little shook. Stay the course or switch it up?

eznark

Banned
Yeah I actually signed up for betterment a few weeks ago. I may put something in there in the next week or so. I'm assuming you use it and like it?

No, I pay a guy to manage my portfolio. everything I have read about those is great though

Also, can the person in charge of thhe leaguedaddy put my username in there for the redskins? (Sully907) it still shows mcneily

but in our hearts you're mcneily

Dieter Kurtenbach
&#8207;@dkurtenbach
“Read option”
Chip: “The read option has never been run at the NFL level, it’s the zone read.”

Swoon..

Chris B. Brown &#8207;@smartfootball 15m15 minutes ago
Chris B. Brown Retweeted Dieter Kurtenbach
Lou Holtz ran the triple option as coach of the New York Jets...

Interesting, I didn't know about Holtz's tenure with the Jets.

Oscar
&#8207;@BetterRivals
Kelly: Trent has control of the 53 and I’m very comfortable with that

Bruce Feldman &#8207;@BruceFeldmanCFB 26m26 minutes ago
Chip Kelly on moving to the Bay Area. "It's the most fertile creative part of the country. You smell the air around here & you get smarter."

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I dunno man. My company you are able to split your selections into 7 cats from 100% : company stock, equity units, extended market, international equity, bond units, balanced fund units, and common assets. Since I am in my 20s, I've been aggressive. Common and bonds have the least (I think like 5%). The rest is a mixture, but I know stock is the highest. Since I work for an oil company I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore. I rode it out in 2015, but now I'm a little shook. Stay the course or switch it up?

Post in the retirement thread breh.

IMO, I get you're with one of the largest companies in the world but you'd prob be way better off going with an index fund/bond mix. My retirement fund is split 80/20, the larger percentage on a Fidelity target date fund and the remaining 20% is with the Fidelity Spartan 500 Index fund. Reason for that is to increase my relative exposure to stocks and decrease my relative exposure to bonds, I just turned 33 years old so my horizon is long. So with that mix, I have around 3% bonds and 97% stock lol. Like I said tho that's my set up, you should check with the retirement thread to get a broader set of advice.

With regards to my taxable (non-retirement accounts), I was with Betterment but I ended up pulling the plug on it because I didn't like their allocation and I was never a fan of their (or any) fee. My allocation there is 75% stock and 25% bonds. Reason for that is say the market tanks and I get fired, most of my "savings" is in there so I want a hedge against volatility.

As for what's going on in the market right now, same as in 2008, I have increased my contribution amount to take advantage of cheap prices.

Edit - For clarity, my taxable money is now with Vanguard.

LukeSmith

gotta think about all of it from the longview.

you're realistically 35-45 years from retirement.

I haven't looked at my 401k stuff in awhile in part because I'm still so far from needing to access it.

rinse82

gotta think about all of it from the longview.

you're realistically 35-45 years from retirement.

I haven't looked at my 401k stuff in awhile in part because I'm still so far from needing to access it.

Pretty much this. You should be shook if you have to retire in 5 years

Smokey

Appreciate it Wellie

I look at my info at least twice a year to see what's up. Once in beginning and then sometime in middle. Also price of oil is a thing with my job. Well not to my position, but my company. So just curious if I should make some adjustments considering we are diving to $25 and probably $20 by years end.

Top Bottom