• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

rinse82

I have seen the future. Raps-Celtics game in 4K up here.

Football in 4K will be amazing. Too bad Fox still broadcasts in 720p lol

TLBB I am ready when you are.

PleasingDeafeningAmericancurl.gif

well, just one of those games I guess, your secondary is far better than it should be considering the stats of your #2 and #3 CB going up against my receivers. Jeffery getting picked on 1v1 has been happening all season, don't know why. I've seen everyone else cheese CB's with their top receivers in 1v1 and get catches, but I've never been able to produce the same results. Only that second user pick was on me, everything else was pretty much madden trash with Flacco whipping it and completely sailing receivers.

Don't know what you're doing with your coverage, basically nobody was ever open all game.

gg

eznark dm said he's not around to play tonight. he said he can play tomorrow, i asked him what time and i'm waiting on the response.

if its a problem you'll obviously get the sim win. obviously!

eznark

Banned
eznark dm said he's not around to play tonight. he said he can play tomorrow, i asked him what time and i'm waiting on the response.

if its a problem you'll obviously get the sim win. obviously!

I'll be around after 9pm for sure. Possibly earlier.

You are the fifth, get in here

Birdman02

well, just one of those games I guess, your secondary is far better than it should be considering the stats of your #2 and #3 CB going up against my receivers. Jeffery getting picked on 1v1 has been happening all season, don't know why. I've seen everyone else cheese CB's with their top receivers in 1v1 and get catches, but I've never been able to produce the same results. Only that second user pick was on me, everything else was pretty much madden trash with Flacco whipping it and completely sailing receivers.

Don't know what you're doing with your coverage, basically nobody was ever open all game.

gg

GG man. It was just one of those games where my DBs caught everything that wasn't a perfect throw. They all have 90+ zone and decent awareness and play rec. Waynes awr is shit, but his 95 speed helps keep him close enough to every play if I can switch on to him in time. I'm probably crazy but I think a good FS gives the secondary a boost in this game (I feel like that's been a thing in madden for a long time...maybe it's just me), and Harrison smith is one of the best in the game.

I can feel it, the long slide into the bubble of no playoff hope is approaching with these three games coming up

GG man. It was just one of those games where my DBs caught everything that wasn't a perfect throw. They all have 90+ zone and decent awareness and play rec. Waynes awr is shit, but his 95 speed helps keep him close enough to every play if I can switch on to him in time. I'm probably crazy but I think a good FS gives the secondary a boost in this game (I feel like that's been a thing in madden for a long time...maybe it's just me), and Harrison smith is one of the best in the game.

I've been trying for the last two seasons to build up my secondary, but with the way XP is awarded pre-patch it's fucking impossible to get CB's or safeties who aren't in the "good" range to get good. I don't even know what to put points into, I've thought awareness and play rec are really important for CB's, but my guys aren't pulling off any plays and most of the time they are just blowing coverages. It's going to take all season if I just commit to developing a single CB to be somewhat standout, it's horrible

DJ Bowser

LBB- was doing some scouting for our game and was wondering why Eddie Royal is your #1 WR at 77 OVR.

Alshon is your #2 WR at 92 OVR...

And Kevin White is your #3 WR at 85 OVR.

If I put my #3 CB at #1 will he be on Royal or will he end up getting beat on deep balls by Alshon?

Also, commit to developing a single CB then draft another. I've spent all season developing Byron Jones and basically Byron Jones alone. The XP system this year forces you into that sort of bind.

White is my fastest WR who also has the best route running (of my two fast recievers) to make cuts and get separation, I'm not putting Jeffery or Royal in slot when they are slow as fuck, which is important for slot

If I wanted to cheese I would have Jeffery at slot because his catch in traffic, route running and almost everything else will decimate LB coverage 99% of the time. White is the most realistic option I have who has a shot of getting open while not doing something bs.

Doesn't matter what my #1 and #2 WR's are, there are so many formations that put them on different sides of the field, all it guanties is they will most likely be the outside receivers on non trips and three wide sets.

LBB- was doing some scouting for our game and was wondering why Eddie Royal is your #1 WR at 77 OVR.

Alshon is your #2 WR at 92 OVR...

And Kevin White is your #3 WR at 85 OVR.

If I put my #3 CB at #1 will he be on Royal or will he end up getting beat on deep balls by Alshon?

Also, commit to developing a single CB then draft another. I've spent all season developing Byron Jones and basically Byron Jones alone. The XP system this year forces you into that sort of bind.

the same reason that mcvay is your "#3" WR even though you know damn well he is the best receiver on your team: you want him in the slot matched up against a lesser CB on the other team

eznark, dm text me back saying he can play at 8 pm pst tomorrow. not sure if you can play at that time. if not, ill give you the simwin

we will probably be vancin tomorrow. i'm not sure if i'll have power for most of the day and into the evening so if all the games finish cb/phee can vance it

eznark

Banned
eznark, dm text me back saying he can play at 8 pm pst tomorrow. not sure if you can play at that time. if not, ill give you the simwin

we will probably be vancin tomorrow. i'm not sure if i'll have power for most of the day and into the evening so if all the games finish cb/phee can vance it

I can play more than likely.

Bowser I haven't touched my WR depth chart outside of switching Royal and Butler out with each other. Do what ever you want or feel to do, I'm not telling you shit otherwise, you have games and games of footage I have so graciously provided to look up.

DJ Bowser

the same reason that mcvay is your "#3" WR even though you know damn well he is the best receiver on your team: you want him in the slot matched up against a lesser CB on the other team
He is the 3rd rated OVR WR on my team.

Dez is the best on my team by far but he's matched against the #1 corners. Next season when McKay is my #2, Williams' numbers will increase but McKay will still be great.

I have my number 3 rated WR in the #3 spot.

DJ Bowser

Bold prediction, when McKay's numbers are going to drastically be reduced when removed from the slot
Bold prediction, Rodgers will still lead the league in passing by >500 yards even with my having to stop passing in the second half of some games. But it will still be all McKay cheese, clearly.

He is the 3rd rated OVR WR on my team.

Dez is the best on my team by far but he's matched against the #1 corners. Next season when McKay is my #2, Williams' numbers will increase but McKay will still be great.

I have my number 3 rated WR in the #3 spot.

post-41532-Inglorious-Basterds-Soshanna-A-Khy8.gif

edit

lets see, i'll post stats from mcvay and terrence williams, but i wont tell you which is which (i'll even leave speed out as to not give it away!). these are the important WR stats, so which of these players is better?

Player A: 73 awareness, 87 agility, 92 acceleration, 88 catch, 85 route running, 89 catch in traffic, 83 release, 83 jumping
Player B: 71 awareness, 98 agility, 97 acceleartion, 89 catch, 85 route running, 93 catch in traffic, 83 release, 84 jumping

i'll give you a minute to do the calcuations!

I'll tell you this, if that Woods trade was able to get pulled off he would be in the slot so I can put White out wide and try and do all those fancy pants fly routes that Motes and Co. pull off so easy.

But then again Flacco will just throw it way off and get picked.

DJ Bowser

I'll tell you this, if that Woods trade was able to get pulled off he would be in the slot so I can put White out wide and try and do all those fancy pants fly routes that Motes and Co. pull off so easy.

But then again Flacco will just throw it way off and get picked.
I just don't want Alston on Tim Jennings.

It's all I ask!

DJ Bowser

post-41532-Inglorious-Basterds-Soshanna-A-Khy8.gif

edit

lets see, i'll post stats from mcvay and terrence williams, but i wont tell you which is which (i'll even leave speed out as to not give it away!). these are the important WR stats, so which of these players is better?

Player A: 73 awareness, 87 agility, 92 acceleration, 88 catch, 85 route running, 89 catch in traffic, 83 release, 83 jumping
Player B: 71 awareness, 98 agility, 97 acceleartion, 89 catch, 85 route running, 93 catch in traffic, 83 release, 84 jumping

i'll give you a minute to do the calcuations!
Do you know how much CIT and route running has been added to McKay since the season started?

I also said Dez was clearly better. Would you like to do this with Dez's stats?

Also way to leave out SPEC catch for the sake of your point.

Do you know how much CIT and route running has been added to McKay since the season started?

I also said Dez was clearly better. Would you like to do this with Dez's stats?

Also way to leave out SPEC catch for the sake of your point.

Sure dez is the #1. Who is your 2nd best wr? If it's Williams I would assume he'd have put up some awesome numbers this year!

Top Bottom