• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

rinse82

I made one successful deep comeback route this year but it's because the CB went into some weird ass animation where he flew right past the ball.

I ended up scoring a 80 yard TD on that play.

I'll never try it again.

LukeSmith

in madden it seems almost any route that puts the ball in the air for an extended period of time creates an advantage for the defender because they have time to click on and react

LBs cover a lot of the field quickly, I wonder if that position (in general) is too fast right now with respect to ratings (guys sitting in 3-4 against 3/4 wide sets should be getting roasted, but I don't think they are)

the verts routes and jump balls from this year have made some of those deep down the field 1on1s an interesting coin flip, but routes like deep comebacks, hell even some outs are pretty hard to trust

getting the 1on1 on the outside and predicting the point where the wr breaks away from the cb and throwing it ahead of him and pressing square is coming into fashion for some folks (based on streams)

brentech

in madden it seems almost any route that puts the ball in the air for an extended period of time creates an advantage for the defender because they have time to click on and react

LBs cover a lot of the field quickly, I wonder if that position (in general) is too fast right now with respect to ratings (guys sitting in 3-4 against 3/4 wide sets should be getting roasted, but I don't think they are)

the verts routes and jump balls from this year have made some of those deep down the field 1on1s an interesting coin flip, but routes like deep comebacks, hell even some outs are pretty hard to trust

getting the 1on1 on the outside and predicting the point where the wr breaks away from the cb and throwing it ahead of him and pressing square is coming into fashion for some folks (based on streams)

Yeah, there were a couple times in my game last night that my slot receiver was covered by a LB, and he couldn't break away from the guy off the line. Super frustrating as one ended in a pick.
I think what you put above is why I'm seeing so much more 5 or 6 men on the rush in this years madden than any other year I've been in the league.

eznark

Banned
I definitely thing it's an issue with linebacker's relative speed. If you have an elite linebacker like Kuechly or Laurinitis you can probably play one high zone, shade him weak and use the other guy to cover a 40 yard box on his side. They can bat anything down that's thrown on a line and they can run with any wide out for at least 20 yards. It's absurd.

I think it's probably because most people play a middle linebacker manually so they wanted to juice that experience.

I really felt it when I tried to play a 4-3 the first 6 weeks of this year. Not having that 4th linebacker (who is essentially a nickel corner that can tackle and shed blocks) is a huge detriment.

There is a player speed threshold slider I leave on default. The lower I make it, the more apparent a speed difference is. But I've been iffy to mess with it as the 98 speed guys will be even worse but it would feasibly fix the slow lb issue? Idk

rinse82

There is a player speed threshold slider I leave on default. The lower I make it, the more apparent a speed difference is. But I've been iffy to mess with it as the 98 speed guys will be even worse but it would feasibly fix the slow lb issue? Idk

I think we're saying the opposite, LB's are too fast.

Edit: nevermind, I think that's what you're also saying.

rinse82

So what's the scouting report on DCX other than cover Julio and don't let Tevin Coleman rush for 6 YPC?

My 2 year reign on the AFC East is coming to an end, gotta snatch one of those wildcard spots!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
deep outs
(all deep routes)
I rarely have enough time to develop
quick outs you either have a window immediately but your QB can't fucking let go of the ball when you press the button, or a second window that you can't rely on your QB to throw far enough in front of the target

You're nuts. Aside from the game against the Rams I feel like I have had all the time in the world to sit in the pocket in Madden 16, and I don't have a great pass blocking OL.

Colasante

I'm completely serious when I say I don't know what's banned when it comes to punting. Last night against Nightz I didn't change the trajectory of my kicking arc at all, I didn't lower it or anything, but I did push it to the right hoping the ball would hit the ground and then bounce out of bounds. Can someone explain what is and isn't allowable?

rinse82

I'm completely serious when I say I don't know what's banned when it comes to punting. Last night against Nightz I didn't change the trajectory of my kicking arc at all, I didn't lower it or anything, but I did push it to the right hoping the ball would hit the ground and then bounce out of bounds. Can someone explain what is and isn't allowable?

Just kick it clear out of bounds if you don't want a return.

A low bouncing kick is pretty much impossible for a user to return because of the way the camera works when this happens, it doesn't pan back fast enough so the user can't even see where the ball has bounced.

Do not press up or down with the punting meter. Only left and right.

you guys kept on making fun of me for the camera angle I use on punts/kick offs

The punting cheese is why, at least with the sky cam you can see the ball if it's behind the returner and you can recover it or let it stay without glitching out the game.

DCX

DCX
My punts are why Tevin Coleman, the league's leading rusher, went 10 for 20 with a long of 3 yards?
No. Let's not think that a punt that would have traveled 40-50 yards in the air where the AI would react normally VS line drive punts that retard the AI completely and the camera doesn't follow is not a thing to work against. Especially in a close game where field position means alot, but I digress.

DCX

They can both be bullshit.

Certainly in agreement with you though. Knock that shit off DCX.

DCX isn't the only one calling HB screens and throwing to other people. Although the person I faced who did it said it was because the screen was covered and throwing at the RBs feet like in real life isn't an easy thing to do, which I suppose is valid.

This is certainly me with out routes. I'm petrified to even attempt to throw them because in the past not only did they have a fairly high interception rate, but every INT that was generated from them was basically guaranteed to be a pick 6.

Yeah I 100% know what you mean with out routes. Digs had the same interception likelihood in the past but they at least weren't auto pick 6s. I don't throw either as much as real life teams do but I feel a little more confident in them. Post routes against user defense seem pretty useless as well. Comebacks were amazing back in the Madden with Kenny Timm (second to last 360 edition) but I don't think I've tried too many this year.

You're nuts. Aside from the game against the Rams I feel like I have had all the time in the world to sit in the pocket in Madden 16, and I don't have a great pass blocking OL.

I wish I felt this way. Unless I call a PA from the shotgun and fool the defense I rarely have time to let deep routes develop. Could be my WRs speed/route running/release.

there should be a throw the ball away at the feet of the screen target button because what else are you supposed to do if the play gets blown up? I think I've only had time once on a blown screen to dump it off to someone else though

comebacks are awful this year with all CBs recovering easily and WR breaks being so unpredictable... why can't I throw back shoulder/sideline to make sure the DB never has a chance on the ball?
deep outs
(all deep routes)
I rarely have enough time to develop
quick outs you either have a window immediately but your QB can't fucking let go of the ball when you press the button, or a second window that you can't rely on your QB to throw far enough in front of the target

I'm more scared to throw in the middle this year though

You can actually throw back shoulder, but I don't think it works very well unless you have a really elite QB.

Greg

with all the time in the world, shouldn't you be throwing less INTs?

I don't feel comfortable at all waiting for a receiver to clear a deep zone unless I'm in max protect, but then I really force my hand into a deep ball

if the passing mechanics worked properly and you could work over/under reliably I would probably try to stand in the pocket more, but right now it's first read and then right to the checkdown

DCX isn't the only one calling HB screens and throwing to other people. Although the person I faced who did it said it was because the screen was covered and throwing at the RBs feet like in real life isn't an easy thing to do, which I suppose is valid.
The name is Greg. You can say it.

eznark

Banned
OD is the new Invoker.

Just saw that note about aether lens. That sucks. It was a nice item to provide a slight counter to the constant fucking lightning guy and ghost lady picks. Being able to buy that cape first was solid.

eznark

Banned
Played some R6 yesterday morning. In one of the matches a guy picked the remote explosive, threw it immediately upon spawning, and killed us all. It took about 4 seconds. It was so a pretty damn funny troll.

We actually have been playing every night but I think games have gotten started a bit late. Will be on tonight for sure!

I want an in house again, but those seem to have a tough time because we always have either 6 or 7. But never 8+ or just 5!

Greg

not sure what it is about the game, but I can only play a few rounds of R6 at a time before I'm burned out

the gameplay itself is paced perfectly, so maybe it's just the bouncing bouncing between menus?

Top Bottom