• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Smokey

I luckily didn't experience that. I just almost crashed my car thrice on a 2 mile drive.

My power outages have always been hurricane related... In sweltering heat.

There is nothing worse than a power outage in the summer.

nothing

i remember when hurricane ike hit. we stayed through it. the actual hurricane wasn't that bad and it was kind of interesting in a weird, nature type of way. but the aftermath holy fuk.

texas summer heat + no power + no available gas + darkness at 6p = the end of days. it was the worst. went on for like 4 days.

Blizzards are cool if they happen like once or twice a year but anything more beyond that, fuck no.

And yes, power outages during the summer are fucking terrible. Thankfully I never had to experience that in Texas but in NYC it happened in the subway stations during the summer and oh my god. I'm sure Wellie can speak to this experience.

Smokey

Blizzards are cool if they happen like once or twice a year but anything more beyond that, fuck no.

And yes, power outages during the summer are fucking terrible. Thankfully I never had to experience that in Texas but in NYC it happened in the subway stations during the summer and oh my god. I'm sure Wellie can speak to this experience.

you will be close to death if (when) it happens to you in texas.

you will be close to death if (when) it happens to you in texas.

I was picking my new Reliant energy plan today and just saw how much I use in the summer. It's terrifying. The bill is almost 2X of what I'm paying during these months.

Also we played a pro-am team yesterday that countered our 3-2 zone with the Triangle offense. It was actually kind of cool up until the part where the CPU scored the last 5 points of the game for them to send it to OT -_-

DCX

DCX
I was picking my new Reliant energy plan today and just saw how much I use in the summer. It's terrifying. The bill is almost 2X of what I'm paying during these months.

Also we played a pro-am team yesterday that countered our 3-2 zone with the Triangle offense. It was actually kind of cool up until the part where the CPU scored the last 5 points of the game for them to send it to OT -_-
No invite bruh?

DCX

get solar panels brah... it's what i did!

also, one of the best K&P sketches (football related!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Come back to NY then where you have both a heating and cooling season. My bill now is a tad higher than when I am cooling, pain in the balls.

I replaced all of my windows which should help me save some energy. Sometime in the spring I will be doing spray insulation in my attic.

I'm sure you would have taken FB dive four times in a row than one QB sneak! Progress!!

DCX

i see who i'm dealing with now. i shouldn't have been an upstanding league member when i had 1st and goal at the 1. should've just run fb dive or qb sneak repeatedly to take the lead (probably for good). i guess i just haven't reached the point of doing "whatever it takes" to win... yet!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is Paper Jam out at midnight?

I think so? Ive heard of mixed things about it. Between that and the last two mario RPG's not being especially great, (the 3ds M&L just being average and the Paper Mario 3ds being god awful) im probably just gonna wait and grab it on the cheap later.

I think so? Ive heard of mixed things about it. Between that and the last two mario RPG's not being especially great, (the 3ds M&L just being average and the Paper Mario 3ds being god awful) im probably just gonna wait and grab it on the cheap later.

the two 3ds paper marios really bummed me out. dream team wasn't as bad as sticker star but they just can't recapture the magic of thousand year door or bowsers inside story

DCX

DCX
i see who i'm dealing with now. i shouldn't have been an upstanding league member when i had 1st and goal at the 1. should've just run fb dive or qb sneak repeatedly to take the lead (probably for good). i guess i just haven't reached the point of doing "whatever it takes" to win... yet!
Lol ok

DCX

CB3

They milked both series without adding anything that interesting to them. The humor isnt as good in M&L, and the look of Paper Mario isnt novel anymore. If you count this game as a game for each series, its the 5th for both of them, and 2nd on the 3DS alone.

Now that Nintendo and Square are all buddy-buddy again, they need to make the SMRPG2 dream finally happen.

The biggest problem with all the Mario RPGs is how long winded they tend to get. It works in some of them when the writing is good, but in the shittier ones it makes the games drag.

The other part that's gotten annoying is how since they DS ones they keep adding special moves that require you to use the hardware gimmicks and those can be really hit or miss, and when you need them to progress it gets really unfun.

I'm also worried because this is a crossover one and the last cross over (Partners in Time) was the worst one in the series.

I liked dream team but my god Sticker Star was a nightmare. I thought this one was getting really good reviews though?

what i dont understand about sticker star is why would you remove all of the RPG elements and other stuff that made the game fun? the story was also not up to par but with some of the other so-so paper marios at least you could fall back on an entertaining enough rpg system

CB3

I liked dream team but my god Sticker Star was a nightmare. I thought this one was getting really good reviews though?

I think they all review well, though. Sticker Star is sitting at a 75% on gamerankings. Which is pretty funny.

The reviews are all around 7s roughly which is about what I'd expect knowing almost nothing about the game.

I bought the Dream Team 3DS bundle (it was on sale) and I enjoyed the game but after awhile I got tired of how looooong and sloooooow every conversation was. I get that these games are aimed at people much younger and less experienced with RPGs, but a speed up or skip option would be cool!

The combat systems are still fun though!

what i dont understand about sticker star is why would you remove all of the RPG elements and other stuff that made the game fun? the story was also not up to par but with some of the other so-so paper marios at least you could fall back on an entertaining enough rpg system

Yeah that game was a mess. Like you lost stickers by battling, and there was no reward for battling anything but bosses so why even bother? I only played it a few times before Fire Emblem came out and I never touched it again.

Top Bottom