• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

eznark

Banned
Agreed Greg, it's why I sort of hesitate to join a group right now. I don't really want to play for more than an hour, which is only like 3 matches.

Somnia

We actually have been playing every night but I think games have gotten started a bit late. Will be on tonight for sure!

I want an in house again, but those seem to have a tough time because we always have either 6 or 7. But never 8+ or just 5!

Ya you guys start pretty late for me during the week sadly, hoping to catch some of you on the weekend to no avail lately.

Greg

last few times I've played it's been queue for 20 seconds, join a match in progress, wait 2 minutes for the round to finish (sometimes while stuck on the load screen with nothing to watch), character select screen, play a single round because we're losing and down players, final stats screen

and then you either stick around and wait or back out and roll the dice on getting a game in progress

maybe ranked is a better experience? I just hit level 20, so I haven't tried it yet, but I still think the stuff between rounds/games could be sped up a bit

They patched again today so I'm not sure what that addresses. I rarely try the game with less than 4 though and it's generally faster if you have people who aren't constantly going in and out

New operators are out next week for season pass folk

TheCrow

I think I'm like halfway done with Dragon's Dogma so I'll start playing R6 again once I've finished. At least I think I'm halfway done. I've yet to see a dragon since the prologue so who knows.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
with all the time in the world, shouldn't you be throwing less INTs?

I don't feel comfortable at all waiting for a receiver to clear a deep zone unless I'm in max protect, but then I really force my hand into a deep ball

if the passing mechanics worked properly and you could work over/under reliably I would probably try to stand in the pocket more, but right now it's first read and then right to the checkdown

Because my QB is hilariously inaccurate. I wasn't asking LBB about his QBs up for trade for posterity friend.

rinse82

I know how to make Madden exciting again. Let's make Johnny Park commissioner of the league for season 4!

apple-wont-let-you-use-itunes-to-build-a-nuclear-weapon.jpg

Greg

I think it'll last another season

I hate when it falls apart just as people are making new identities for their team and key players are retiring/being replaced, but the player progression hurts that from happening sooner

DCX

DCX
Season three always gets a bit bitchy. I see us getting another season or two for sure after this one.

The game is one of the best since 2010.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Final results from the Griffey article:

3133 games
13559 PA
753 home runs
111.2 oWAR
2226 RBI
.289 avg
.892 OPS
146 OPS+

Blue you'll be happy to know that in those five simulations the Mariners were only able to win the World Series in one of them. However, in that simulation...they won it four times!

Griffey averaged 6 MVP's.

What a cruel world we live in that he had to be so injury prone...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

3133 games
13559 PA
753 home runs
111.2 oWAR
2226 RBI
.289 avg
.892 OPS
146 OPS+

Blue you'll be happy to know that in those five simulations the Mariners were only able to win the World Series in one of them. However, in that simulation...they won it four times!

ez boy

I think that aside from some defensive issues this is the best Madden yet. I can definitely get to 6 seasons.

well as side from the broken regression, broken xp, broken CB's at launch, broken purple zones, shit pass rush, broken WR rookie classes, insane qb innacuracy, broken trade system

yea, great madden!

3133 games
13559 PA
753 home runs
111.2 oWAR
2226 RBI
.289 avg
.892 OPS
146 OPS+

Did you use OOTP for these? I wanted to go back and do some simulations of Edgar's career to see what would've happened had the Mariners called him up 1-2 years earlier.

I'm not really surprised by the lack of WS titles, the Mariners pitching was so bad outside of Randy Johnson for most of the early 90s. The Kingdome was a band box as well.

eznark

Banned
Yeah. I was going to do 50 but the variances were so slight and uninteresting that I only ran 5. I ran five more after writing it up and the averages are close enough to identical.

Once you get a league template defined its really easy. The amount of data you can export and manipulate is amazing.

Yeah. I was going to do 50 but the variances were so slight and uninteresting that I only ran 5. I ran five more after writing it up and the averages are close enough to identical.

Once you get a league template defined its really easy. The amount of data you can export and manipulate is amazing.

Sounds pretty cool. I do enjoy the what if type simulations you can do with OOTP and similar games. I tried a few for the 95 Mariners and they always went like the season went minus the ridiculously improbably collapse by the Angels. It's crazy looking at the offensive numbers of that lineup vs these modern day sims we've been doing with the GOBL. Like my worst hitter from most of those teams is just a shade worse than my best hitter these days. Obviously park factors and other things changed.

Im still new to franchise for the most part but i think the adjustment to progression is pretty good, you cant have a team of all 95+ guys just by winning a lot like fmt had last year lol

brentech

I can't say TLBB is wrong in those assertions, but it still is the best Madden I've played in some time.

BTW - Did they fix that outside zone? "purple"?

DCX

DCX
I can't say TLBB is wrong in those assertions, but it still is the best Madden I've played in some time.

BTW - Did they fix that outside zone? "purple"?
It doesn't seem to work like it should. FMT said it doesn't work at all!

DCX

DJ Bowser

What is the purpose of the purple zone? Is it to cover the flats?

I found a few plays with them and have been using them... now I feel like a fool.

I don't know that purple is completely broken but against lj and dcx, even when I knew a particular route was coming and audible to purple, which should've covered it perfectly, it didn't work as intended. I'd have to go back and watch what happened because I understand that some routes can pull that zone guy bUT it made no sense

DCX

DCX
Purple zone is suppose to help with corner routes. Suppose to.

With shade, it should obliterate those throws!

DCX

Top Bottom