• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Somnia

Rock Paper Shotgun has an interview and this was in it

Before jumping into the interview, here’s a quick run-down of what you can expect from the PC version of the game. It’s unusual to see such a marked difference between PC and console at a preview event, but the version that we four PC-dedicated journalists played was splendid. I usually jump into the menu screens to invert my y-axis and then hop out immediately. The Division has so many options to play with though.

At the base, there are strong keyboard and mouse controls, which make inventory management a drag-and-drop joy in comparison to the controller equivalent. Those go hand in hand with extensive customisation options. Those include a wealth of visual settings (you can turn ambient occlusion off, should you wish) and a fully customisable HUD. Windows and other elements can be resized and shifted around the screen (or screens; up to three are supported as are multiple GPUs) as you desire.

All of that and no framerate locks. Right. On with the interview.

PC Division it is.

brentech

All the salt happened live in the stream

I just watched the VOD and really wish chat could be played back in real time with a video if there was under so many lines.

That INT returned for TD where your defender just lays on the ground with the ball for 3 seconds and still gets up to return it is hilarious.

I'd love to know what was talked about though, because you both run pretty similar styles of offense and defense play calling. Bowser calling more aggressive blitz packages where TLBB ran his blitzes with back end coverage for the most part, but that's about it.

I just watched the VOD and really wish chat could be played back in real time with a video if there was under so many lines.

That INT returned for TD where your defender just lays on the ground with the ball for 3 seconds and still gets up to return it is hilarious.

I'd love to know what was talked about though, because you both run pretty similar styles of offense and defense play calling. Bowser calling more aggressive blitz packages where TLBB ran his blitzes with back end coverage for the most part, but that's about it.

We do? I feel like our offensive schemes were pretty different, especially when I ran it for a good junk of my drives.

I didn't even blitz much, if I did it was because I was expecting a run, I accidentally called a cover 0 blitz when Bowser was on his goalline cause I was panicking to base align (something I looked up right before the game). Other than that I almost always just sent 4 via d-line with no line backer pressure.

Somnia

Ok last Division quote, just thought this was awesome.

The UI is also completely customisable, letting you resize and reposition every part of the on-screen HUD. "Not only can you do that," says Jansen, "but, if you have multiple monitors, you can decide to have all of [the UI elements] on one monitor. Especially if you’re running a triple-monitor setup it’s nice. Even if you don't—if you have a separate monitor where you put up all your stuff, and then [the primary monitor] is completely clean. Being able to change that and change the size is not something you see, and it’s very, very cool. It’s one of the things we’re extra proud of for the PC version."

Smokey

At the base, there are strong keyboard and mouse controls, which make inventory management a drag-and-drop joy in comparison to the controller equivalent. Those go hand in hand with extensive customisation options. Those include a wealth of visual settings (you can turn ambient occlusion off, should you wish) and a fully customisable HUD. Windows and other elements can be resized and shifted around the screen (or screens; up to three are supported as are multiple GPUs) as you desire.

sad-crying-gif.gif

Smokey

Smokey

How about that Purple Reign man?

FIRE

Walter Derden • 16 hours ago
WHOEVER SAID THIS WAS FIRE IS OBVIOUSLY A FA**** THAT JUST WANTS HIS COMMENT FEATURED. THE MIXTAPE WAS IIGHT. I WOULDN'T SAY GOOD BUT A WOULDN'T SAY BAD.

FEW SONGS I CAN SEE MYSELF REPLAYING. BUT THE REPLAY VALUE IS EXTREMELY LOW. I MEAN LOW AS FUCK.
You listened but by your words you learned very little.
• Reply•Share ›
Walter Derden gzus • 21 minutes ago
LEARNED?? TELL ME YOU BIRD SHIT SKINNED PECKERWOOD, WHAT EDUCATIONAL VALUE DID YOU GET FROM THIS MIXTAPE YOU DUMB NO CULTURE HAVING VULTURE PIECE OF SHIT?

Walter Derden said it's aight and is going in lol

eznark

Banned
BREAKING HOT SCOOPS GAMING NEWS

A 10 year plan needs adjustments 4 years into the plan!

THIS HAS BEEN BREAKING HOT SCIZZOOPSZ #JOURNALISM

Somnia

BREAKING HOT SCOOPS GAMING NEWS

A 10 year plan needs adjustments 4 years into the plan!

THIS HAS BEEN BREAKING HOT SCIZZOOPSZ #JOURNALISM

I thought I was the news posting guy :(

edit: I hope they are ditching last gen consoles and putting Destiny on PC going forward with this delay. MAKE IT HAPPEN LUKE.

Somnia

Eznark, have you played Kharak yet, if so is it worth it at full price or steam sale? Reading it sounds like it doesn't have a ton of content.

eznark

Banned
Eznark, have you played Kharak yet, if so is it worth it at full price or steam sale? Reading it sounds like it doesn't have a ton of content.

Four missions in and it's great. Campaign is supposedly as long as the Starcraft 2 games. I don't know what "worth it" means to you.

Greg

Overrated in what way? Future is all about his production, which right now is the best in the game. Nobody expects Kendrick Lamar stuff from him. Trap music isn't about lyrical content for the most part.
I just skipped around

this is best in the game production? and somehow there's like 12 different producers here?

pls

Somnia

Four missions in and it's great. Campaign is supposedly as long as the Starcraft 2 games. I don't know what "worth it" means to you.

If that's the length then its worth it. I thought I read somewhere that the campaign was only like 2 hours long.

eznark

Banned
If that's the length then its worth it. I thought I read somewhere that the campaign was only like 2 hours long.

Around 10 hours seems to be what people in reviews have said. Rob Zacny gave it a 9, that's really all you need to know about a strategy game.

Somnia

Around 10 hours seems to be what people in reviews have said. Rob Zacny gave it a 9, that's really all you need to know about a strategy game.

Well ok now I'm sold, I haven't read a lot about it, but I want to go back through and play the remasters of Homeworld also. Such a great series.

eznark

Banned
Well ok now I'm sold, I haven't read a lot about it, but I want to go back through and play the remasters of Homeworld also. Such a great series.

For whatever reason TB hates the game, which to me is kind of a positive. He thinks the campaign is criminally short and that the skirmish AI "cheats." Who gives a fuck about skirmish mode??

Somnia

For whatever reason TB hates the game, which to me is kind of a positive. He thinks the campaign is criminally short and that the skirmish AI "cheats." Who gives a fuck about skirmish mode??

I think the last time I played skirmish mode in an RTS was like Starcraft 1. I'll play the campaign and then maybe some multiplayer, but I suck at multiplayer RTS so maybe.

I really need to give Sins of a Solar Empire a try also. Old co-worker raved about that series.

eznark

Banned
eznark, have you played episode 2 of King's Quest? Is it as awesome as the first? Thinking of buying it.

So good! Shorter than the first one though. It's got a super interesting death/food management mechanic though that is awesome.

I remember when hip hop and rap were good. Years and years ago.
June 28 was the date
.38 to the chest plate
mommy dear crying at the wake....

last great rap song

Top Bottom