• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Inspired by Luke's Inside The Numbers on Bowser and Purples post, I looked at my own stats the last 2 and a half seasons

I did a whole spreadsheet, but I'll truncate it down to the important stuff.

Starting QB (Flacco and Cuttler combined) completion percentage.

2015 - 65.2% TD/INT ratio of 9/8
2016 - 64.1% TD/INT ratio of 7/8
2017 - 66.4% TD/INT ration of 11/8

Offensive Tendency

52.3% Pass 43.0% Run 4.5% Scramble
70.7% Pass 26.0% Run 3.4% Scramble
67.1% Pass 31.0% Run 1.9% Scramble

Receiver Tendency

Bennett - 30.0%
HB - 28.2%
Jeffery - 9.8%
White - 16.2%
Royal - 8.1%
WR4 - 6.4%​

Bennett - ~25.0%
HB - 27.9%
Jeffery - 14.7%
White - 14.7% (Primarily slot for season)
Royal - 9.4%
WR4 - 5.6%​

Bennett - 22.0%
HB - 29.6%
Jeffery - 17.2%
White - 17.7% (In slot for 22/33 receptions, 8 games in slot)
Butler - 9.7%
Royal (WR4) - 3.2%​

Few Notes

As Bennett has regressed I have used him ~27% less than the first season, and that seems to have had an effect of turning to Jeffery and White more.

Even with White in the slot for 1 and a half season (I forget where my WR's were for season 1, Jeffery was in slot for a few games, but I think Royal and White were sharing slot), he has a near mirror percentage with Jeffery who was set out wide for the majority of snaps.

I pass to my HB a lot. It's my binkie check down, although a lot of the time he is my primary read as it's the fastest route that gets open when people go cover 0 man or zone blitz that leaves flats wide open. Around a third of his reception yards are from 2 70+ yard catches this season where Lacy breaks a shit load of tackles and takes it the distance.

My overall play balance took a nose dive after season one, which is ironically when custom play books got the axe! No matter, after I got Flacco and invest some in White I made a choice to chuck it, which didn't do me too good against the people who can manual cover. When I'm down I go into panic mode and force throws, getting more behind, which makes me throw more... It's a vicious cycle that must be addressed, which I looked at after my game with Bird and put into action against Bowser.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My overall play balance took a nose dive after season one, which is ironically when custom play books got the axe!

Yeah. Ironic, huh. Like rain on your wedding day.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The Golf Club on PS4 any good?

It's on PSN indie sale for 7.50. It's gotta be worth that so I went ahead and grabbed it.

giphy.gif

it's beautiful

GG nightz. Got lucky in the 2nd half with my defense making ridiculous plays.

Can't believe the game didn't disconnect for once. It was kinda laggy every now and then though.

brentech

GG Soka.

Can't deny it any more, QB or bust in the draft.

I made the mistake in the second draft. JFF played well in year two. Throws that were off target were held to a minimum.
First game of year 3 and launches shit all over the place and I throw like 4 picks. /shrug.
Browns team has a lot of starters leaving the roster this year. I honestly don't know that I can afford an early QB pick. Might just have to do it and see what happens.

Doesn't work like that. TV refresh rate doesn't work the same as a monitors refresh rate. You'll still be limited to 60fps on your TV.

yea, I remember a few years ago most TV's advertised as "120 hz" were just some "smoothing" setting and it it's not even a 120 refresh, I think it was "smooth motion" or something

Doesn't work like that. TV refresh rate doesn't work the same as a monitors refresh rate. You'll still be limited to 60fps on your TV.

yea, I remember a few years ago most TV's advertised as "120 hz" were just some "smoothing" setting and it it's not even a 120 refresh, I think it was "smooth motion" or something

Well damn. I was too lazy to switch everything anyway. I think I might pick up one of those monitors you showed me next month.

I think it was called Smooth motion 120hz or something like that on my tv

brentech

Different brands call it different things. LG calls it TruMotion or some shit. Same thing, different brand. Hate it, causes a nauseating look.

gg scott. the game completely fucked you over on what should have been a pick 6. i have no idea what happened there but that swung things hard at that point

gg scott. the game completely fucked you over on what should have been a pick 6. i have no idea what happened there but that swung things hard at that point

Ugh GG man, I can't believe how poorly I played. My playcalling had no rhyme or reason, my stick defense was terrible.

The interception/fumble was actually partially my fault. I have these bad old habits from PS3 madden to Hold strafe to put myself in position for the INT, but you dont actually need to do it in this years game. So I was holding L2 Strafing my MLB when the CB intercepts it, so because I didn't let go of it right away he laterals it!

I need to put in some serious time to get my basic fundamentals back down for next seaosn, this is really frustrating for me to be sitting at 2-7 because I used to be really good at madden before

DCX

DCX
GG Rinse. Your defense is amazing. First person to actually put a stop to my game plan.

I didn't feel like I was in any rhythm and you coverages were perfect. If EJ didn't mail in it, and out, you would have won easily.

My defense played lights out but big plays kept you in. Long bombs and one long run.

Good luck the rest of the way!

LilB, see you next week!

DCX

rinse82

GG Rinse. Your defense is amazing. First person to actually put a stop to my game plan.

I didn't feel like I was in any rhythm and you coverages were perfect. If EJ didn't mail in it, and out, you would have won easily.

My defense played lights out but big plays kept you in. Long bombs and one long run.

Good luck the rest of the way!

LilB, see you next week!

DCX

GG man, that pick 6 when I was up 5 was brutal. Should've just thrown it away

Top Bottom