• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LukeSmith

outside-looking-in.jpg

BearsLogo.jpg

can't have that post die on the bottom of the previous page

LJ11

sucks to lose from a blocked route interception, but it was a good game either way.

Great game. I'm not being smart, but did I knock your receiver off the route? Was not my intention, my controller didn't rumble either, I was honestly trying to jam the TE who went right past me, and up the middle of the field, at that point I just stood there because no one was in front of me to defend.

I know I hit your WRs a couple of times, shit happens. Like I try to run out to the flat but with all the drags I get hit or knock into someone, the stagger animations are brutal I hate that shit. With that formation you were in, there's a quick wheel to the HB so I had to run out.

Anyway, I thought it was a great game, all my games have been tight. You did a great job making reads, those in breaking routes you hit were great, I was playing the shallow route and I couldn't defend it. You should have gone for it at the 38, and I should have taken a knee before half. I probably should have gone for it on 4th and 1 in the first half. TE was so open though. We need to go for the throat more.

Great game. I'm not being smart, but did I knock your receiver off the route? Was not my intention, my controller didn't rumble either, I was honestly trying to jam the TE who went right past me, and up the middle of the field, at that point I just stood there because no one was in front of me to defend.

I know I hit your WRs a couple of times, shit happens. Like I try to run out to the flat but with all the drags I get hit or knock into someone, the stagger animations are brutal I hate that shit. With that formation you were in, there's a quick wheel to the HB so I had to run out.

Anyway, I thought it was a great game, all my games have been tight. You did a great job making reads, those in breaking routes you hit were great, I was playing the shallow route and I couldn't defend it. You should have gone for it at the 38, and I should have taken a knee before half. TE was so open though.

This would have been a bad idea. Punt-Gate 2.0 right there

And yea, it was a corner route, I guess the TE and WR are close to each other before the break in the route. Obviously it was an accident, there were like 4 guys in a 3 yard radius, just sucks to throw the ball thinking a break is coming and then the WR is way off his mark, but again I was looking only at him because I needed to get OB.

brentech

As I said in stream. There have been times that I have legitimately tried to block a route and failed hard. The times that I end up blocking a receiver are when I'm just playing my zone or more so when I read the route and run it better than the WR. Usually ends in blocking the WR or picking the ball off.

Only times I really thought someone was honestly trying to block was deep balls where they have a fast DB and they switch to it, keep running, then stop in front of you. I feel like I've seen that a couple times.

As I said in stream. There have been times that I have legitimately tried to block a route and failed hard. The times that I end up blocking a receiver are when I'm just playing my zone or more so when I read the route and run it better than the WR. Usually ends in blocking the WR or picking the ball off.

Only times I really thought someone was honestly trying to block was deep balls where they have a fast DB and they switch to it, keep running, then stop in front of you. I feel like I've seen that a couple times.

the only time ive ever tried and succeeded to "bump" someone is with a lb and someone coming across the middle on a drag or something and im in zone. other than that i wouldn't even try because if you tried to bump a slot receiver in space and missed, its probably a td

It's going to be so much pressure to likely have the 1st pick in the draft. I have so many needs that I'm unsure where to start. I just got a bunch of people scouted and found so diamonds in the rough I think.
may I interest you with TWO firsts for your first?

LJ11

This would have been a bad idea.

And yea, it was a corner route, I guess the TE and WR are close to each other before the break in the route. Obviously it was an accident, there were like 4 guys in a 3 yard radius, just sucks to throw the ball thinking a break is coming and then the WR is way off his mark, but again I was looking only at him because I needed to get OB.

How good is your kicker? I thought 4th and 6th from the 38 is hard with how fast the meter is.

I honestly didn't even expect you to throw the corner route to the WR, had eyes on TE. When you run those tight formations against man coverage the WRs do not get pressed by default. And you got me a ton early in the game, but mostly with the TE, which is smart because they never get pressed. But I started pressing late in the game, after I woke up and I figured if you went to the WR there was a good chance of int or a collision. Had eyes on TE.

the only time ive ever tried and succeeded to "bump" someone is with a lb and someone coming across the middle on a drag or something and im in zone. other than that i wouldn't even try because if you tried to bump a slot receiver in space and missed, its probably a td

Yeah, it's tough as fuck to do, but I only attempt it when I have double coverage on the TE, I only try to bump the TE, WR is too risky. I completely whiffed too.

Greg

GG, Rob

couldn't get shit going on offense... your line was eating me up and the turnovers made all the difference

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
GG Greg. Those two INT's right at the end of the 2nd quarter killed whatever momentum I might have had. I got too greedy and paid dearly for it. I should have just ran the ball and killed the clock to halftime. Then the third INT I have no clue where Mariota was throwing he overshot Witten by a good 15 yards.

That was a fun game though. Good luck the rest of the way!

How good is your kicker? I thought 4th and 6th from the 38 is hard with how fast the meter is.

I honestly didn't even expect you to throw the corner route to the WR, had eyes on TE. When you run those tight formations against man coverage the WRs do not get pressed by default. And you got me a ton early in the game, but mostly with the TE, which is smart because they never get pressed. But I started pressing late in the game, after I woke up and I figured if you went to the WR there was a good chance of int or a collision. Had eyes on TE.

....yea...

Completely what I was thinking the entire game!

My kicker is ok, but I thought you were talking about the 4th and 1 on my own side lol (although that didn't stop you against CB a few games ago!)

Greg

yeah, he was my intended cover, but you had me beat for sure if he placed the ball in the area

one of those bad luck throws

LJ11

....yea...

Completely what I was thinking the entire game!

My kicker is ok, but I thought you were talking about the 4th and 1 on my own side lol (although that didn't stop you against CB a few games ago!)

I'd like to give you a hug.

Edit: CB would have just ran it down my throat like he has the last 3 games we've played! Sometimes it's better to lose on your terms.

I'd like to give you a hug.

Edit: CB would have just ran it down my throat like he has the last 3 games we've played! Sometimes it's better to lose on your terms.

I'm guessing "press" is basically the most important thing in man coverage, because I don't press and my man coverage almost always sucks. Should I start pressing for results (like when Blue has his secondary literally throw my WR's to the ground at the start of the play)?

My #1 and #2 CB's (If I put Fuller to #2) have 85+ press, would this make a difference?

brentech

Second time I've dropped the championship match with middle weight John Wick. Women's bantamweight I won the belt in. Total record of 11-3 during the beta so far. Slowly grasping the ground game.

GG Scott. That bs run after the catch by Maclin at the end where he broke like 4 tackles was so dumb. Your defense was killing me the whole game.

I wasn't mad at the broken tackles because I was trying to strip and hitstick on each one. I feel like I played pretty well but spotting you your first 7 with that INT shifted the momentum.

I was also really dissapointed in my receivers for dropping about 3 clutch first downs when they were open :(

Phee calls me the asshole with trades, but I'm guessing that second 1st round pick is going to be in the last season where half the league calls it quits before playoff starts.

DJ Bowser

No way bro. I'm kinda salty that I 'won' the sim between me and drizz. As much pressure as it would be I would LOVE to have the first overall pick!
I'd take it. Fill those holes! You've got a QB already.

Edit: looks like drizz may swoop in and steal the trade.

Somnia

I've seen DB's stop right in front of my WR on deep bombs in multiple games, it definitely affects the WR.

LJ11

I'm guessing "press" is basically the most important thing in man coverage, because I don't press and my man coverage almost always sucks. Should I start pressing for results (like when Blue has his secondary literally throw my WR's to the ground at the start of the play)?

My #1 and #2 CB's (If I put Fuller to #2) have 85+ press, would this make a difference?

If you're in cover 2 man and the formation it tight, like the ones you ran, gun snugs, split close, any formations like that, yes do press. Otherwise, let it roll, don't base align either. If you want to press with a man blitz that's a different story, you can get roasted if they whiff.

Man coverage is pretty good, I just have shitty depth.

Somnia

Have to say I'm really liking The Divison so far. Played like 8 straight hours last night, had 8 of us running together (have to use group tricks to get all together in same DZ) in the DZ and had a great time.

Content is severely limited on beta obviously but I'm more excited now than before.

Very VERY CPU intensive game on PC.

Greg

Boy PVP in Bloodborne sure is dumb. Spamming healing items for 20 minutes.
before everyone knew it existed, the highlight of Bloodborne PVP for me was using that one magic item that turns you into a messenger

I had so many good troll moments

Nightz

Have to say I'm really liking The Divison so far. Played like 8 straight hours last night, had 8 of us running together (have to use group tricks to get all together in same DZ) in the DZ and had a great time.

Content is severely limited on beta obviously but I'm more excited now than before.

Very VERY CPU intensive game on PC.
Game dropped to a rental for me. I think I spent more time running to missions than doing actual stuff. Will wait and see if the real game has more to do.

Top Bottom