• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

What do I need to do to catch up or be functional in R6:S with everyone?

Yeah like Rinse said, tackle the situations, those will really teach you the maps and the modes and because it's like terrorist hunt, you're presented with pretty much every scenario you have to deal with.

I would say the top 5 operators (In order) to get on each side are:

Attackers:
Thermite
Thatcher
Fuze (Not for hostage)
Twitch
Blitz

Defenders:
Rook
Mute
Castle
Kapkan
Jager

eznark

Banned
Best support is undying, get gud scrubs
Or witchdoctor

The #1 choice of 6 positions the world over.

"I pick mediocre heroes, buy carry items and die alot but it's ok because I call myself a support"

He's only good solo and only for like 15 minutes.

Lean into that 5 spot with dazzle and buy all the wards and die a gentleman's death and don't get boots until 97 minutes in.

Greg

What do I need to do to catch up or be functional in R6:S with everyone?
get the tutorials over with as fast as possible - play them on the easiest difficulty and complete all the objectives so you can get ez currency

buy 2 attackers and 2 defenders, buy scopes and grips and shit for all 4, and then jump into competitive

BigAT

As much as I enjoyed the last X-COM (with my squad made up of the 93-94 Knicks roster), I'm oddly really not feeling the itch to play more X-COM at the moment. Then again I haven't really followed the development at all so I'm not sure what changes they made that could potentially be exciting.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As much as I enjoyed the last X-COM (with my squad made up of the 93-94 Knicks roster), I'm oddly really not feeling the itch to play more X-COM at the moment. Then again I haven't really followed the development at all so I'm not sure what changes they made that could potentially be exciting.

No way you had Hubert Davis on your squad. Or Herb Williams.

BigAT

No way you had Hubert Davis on your squad. Or Herb Williams.

Davis was for sure on it, he was one of my favorite players back then. I don't think it got deep enough for Herb to be on it, but it for sure contained Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Mason (RIP) and Derek Harper. I think Charlie Ward might have been one of the last characters I made even though he wasn't on the team that year.

brentech

Tennessee, Rob I think, I should be available now thru most of the night. Depending on if my wife wants to watch a movie or something.

I'm still mad over yesterday's game

Madden is a dick

one thing i noticed early is that you run quite a bit of Over defenses to stack the strong side... but then you don't flip it to the strong side always. so, early in the game i'd have a run called to the right (for instance) with the TE there as a blocker but you'd have an Over defense called to the opposite side.... so when i run that way, i have more blockers than you have defenders and the odds are im going to get a decent gain unless one of your guys just manages to blow up the play.

i also noticed you blitzed a ton leaving people alone on the outside. take a look at 22:52:

http://www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme/v/39236223

first off it's 2nd and 9. the odds of a run aren't great but it could happen i suppose. still, if im calling a play here, at worst i go a little conversative... maybe i give up a 5 yard run, setting up a manageable 3rd and 4 but still a 3rd down regardless. people make mistakes on 3rd down and that's all it takes. in this play, i predicted a blitz was coming and kept VD in to block, which was the right call there. it's easy to say now because it worked but if this was a coverage call, i might have had to eat a sack or something depending on the routes. that route outside to sanders i would absolutely not even attempt if i see safety help over the top or a type of zone that would go out that way. it's for a specific coverage with man/no help.

there were a few instances like this where i felt you house blitzed kind of needlessly but then again you did get to me 4 or 5 times. it's a gamble but i think you set blitzes like that up by lulling your opponent into coverage coverage coverage coverage coverage and then you throw a blitz out

Trasher

Yeah like Rinse said, tackle the situations, those will really teach you the maps and the modes and because it's like terrorist hunt, you're presented with pretty much every scenario you have to deal with.

I would say the top 5 operators (In order) to get on each side are:

Attackers:
Thermite
Thatcher
Fuze (Not for hostage)
Twitch
Blitz

Defenders:
Rook
Mute
Castle
Kapkan
Jager

How long does it take to unlock all of these?

God, I wish I had more time so I could get into this game. It looks so fun.

Greg

to be honest, I was so frustrated after the first quarter I was just jamming on buttons on the play selection screen like a bitch and usually calling an audible to whatever man blitz was available and pressing

I never remembered you snapping so fast... pretty sure you caught me highlighting the wrong player on at least half of your plays before all my adjustments were made and I made my way to the LB I wanted

caught me highlighting DL, CBs, blitzing LBs - threw everything off, blew a lot of plays open, and added to the anger from everything else

edit: last night just wasn't a good look for me in general - I appreciate the insight though

been a while, but game got the best of me

How long does it take to unlock all of these?

God, I wish I had more time so I could get into this game. It looks so fun.

If you just watch/skip through the tutorial videos you'll get 800 renown, and then doing the situations with the challenges done will get you several more...depends on how many you do. But you should be able to unlock at least 2 with scopes and shit pretty quickly.

The first operator from a country costs 500, next is 1000, then 1500, then 2000. I just got all the 500s first (Gets you like 5 total) before I dived into the more expensive ones.

to be honest, I was so frustrated after the first quarter I was just jamming on buttons on the play selection screen like a bitch and usually calling an audible to whatever man blitz was available and pressing

I never remembered you snapping so fast... pretty sure you caught me highlighting the wrong player on at least half of your plays before all my adjustments were made and I made my way to the LB I wanted

caught me highlighting DL, CBs, blitzing LBs - threw everything off, blew a lot of plays open, and added to the anger from everything else

i dont audible/hot route much so i usually snap pretty quickly. no reason to sit at the line and run clock!

cdyhybrid

It's essentially just an improvement on the last game, some Long War stuff baked in, but the big change is they basically opened everything up to be 100% mod-friendly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Davis was for sure on it, he was one of my favorite players back then. I don't think it got deep enough for Herb to be on it, but it for sure contained Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Mason (RIP) and Derek Harper. I think Charlie Ward might have been one of the last characters I made even though he wasn't on the team that year.

Fuck Charles Smith!

DCX

It's depressing how different the NBA is from back then. :(

DCX

DCX
Gg Ez. You brought out the big guns to this one. FB dives, fake punts! DE user controlled pass coverage!! I'm proud!!

Seriously you played great. Long sustained drives and your D contained the pass game in ways I have never seen. Not to mention Matt Ryan was sailing throws and not hitting the easy ones. Should have kept feeding Coleman.

Good luck the rest of the way.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Gg Ez. You brought out the big guns to this one. FB dives, fake punts! DE user controlled pass coverage!! I'm proud!!

Seriously you played great. Long sustained drives and your D contained the pass game in ways I have never seen. Not to mention Matt Ryan was sailing throws and not hitting the easy ones. Should have kept feeding Coleman.

Good luck the rest of the way.

DCX

Fake punt I would have done against anyone. The rest was just for you. (and that FB dive was on 2nd and 2 from my own 25, it was clearly an eye poke!)

I always brought at least 3 though, except the very last play when I dropped 11.

Kind of destroyed your game when Ryan was totally unable to hit the corner on the Bucs Sail, which made playing defense a lot easier. I basically just left it open all game.

Top Bottom