• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

The barbwire+shock+bear trap round winning kill resulted in this great photo

12633583_10107164530535250_9174528374871143446_o.jpg~original

BigAT

I was going to ask what Bloodborne had against babies and pregnant women, as though it was a new thing, then I remembered that Demon's Souls had you fighting in an abortion pit and killing an unarmed woman as one of its boss fights.

eznark

Banned
I was going to ask what Bloodborne had against babies and pregnant women, as though it was a new thing, then I remembered that Demon's Souls had you fighting in an abortion pit and killing an unarmed woman as one of its boss fights.

Bloodborne is really an allegory for the fight against abortion. In the extended secret ending your character is revealed to be Gloria Steinem.

LJ11

You enjoy the game?

I've been going through it over the last month or so, fucking love it. They're sick fucks, but the boss fights are awesome, so are the traps.

BigAT

You enjoy the game?

I've been going through it over the last month or so, fucking love it. They're sick fucks, but the boss fights are awesome, so are the traps.

I do, but with this being my fourth Souls game at some point it starts to feel like I'm going through the motions a bit. Outside of the early game, the gun mechanics really came into play far less frequently than what I expected based on what I had seen of the game before I started actually playing. At least I am using it very infrequently based on my playstyle, maybe other people use it a lot.

Not having to worry about armor encumbrance and "fat rolling" has been a nice change, but at the same time it also has made choosing/switching armor in the game fairly irrelevant.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
First two tiebreakers for division leader are head to head and divisional record, right?

Wow, I am sorry CB, tho I guess there won't be much of a difference between the 3 and 5/6 seed except that if I am Bowser I would much prefer to avoid FMT.

Oh fuck he would have to play either CB or LJ in the Wildcard. Fuuuuuck that.

eznark

Banned
AZ I can't play til tomorrow. Apparently there is a Natalie Portman cowboy movie I am required to go see tonight since it bombed and will be out of the theaters by Friday.

Greg

I do, but with this being my fourth Souls game at some point it starts to feel like I'm going through the motions a bit. Outside of the early game, the gun mechanics really came into play far less frequently than what I expected based on what I had seen of the game before I started actually playing. At least I am using it very infrequently based on my playstyle, maybe other people use it a lot.

Not having to worry about armor encumbrance and "fat rolling" has been a nice change, but at the same time it also has made choosing/switching armor in the game fairly irrelevant.
I'm with you on the gun stuff... watched some videos of people playing after the fact and people used it all the time, but I probably fired my gun 20 times over the course of getting the platinum

changing armor for resistances can be pretty huge for boss fights though unless you're over leveled or just stacking vitality/slamming vials like a biiiiiitch

LJ11

I paired the fuck out of Gascoigne, but barely used it on the last couple of bosses. It really depends on who I'm fighting. Pretty scrubby player though, I barely used L2 on the extended ax, LOL.

Love the game though, and love Souls games, I think it's the only franchise I enjoy at this point, but I skipped 2, I'll get to it.

BigAT

I paired the fuck out of Gascoigne, but barely used it on the last couple of bosses. It really depends on who I'm fighting. Pretty scrubby player though, I barely used L2 on the extended ax, LOL.

Love the game though, and love Souls games, I think it's the only franchise I enjoy at this point, but I skipped 2, I'll get to it.

Gascoigne was the only boss I used it on. I made brief attempts of doing it on a few other bosses, but it seemed fruitless so I stopped even trying after a certain point.

Does the game automatically push you into NG+ after you beat the final boss or do you have to choose to advance it? I'm pretty close to the end and I want to do some of the optional stuff I missed along the way.

Greg

see, I rented Demon's Souls(?) when it first came out, and it was fun, but it didn't hold me enough to care - I think I fought the jelly boss and then took it back

Bloodborne clicked immediately with me and I burned through every bit of it in like 2 weeks... not sure if I'd even enjoy trying the other Souls games because of the pace now

DJ Bowser

Wow, I am sorry CB, tho I guess there won't be much of a difference between the 3 and 5/6 seed except that if I am Bowser I would much prefer to avoid FMT.

Oh fuck he would have to play either CB or LJ in the Wildcard. Fuuuuuck that.
There's a scenario where LJ wins the NFC West and I get the 2 seed. It won't happen, but a boy can dream!

Greg

Does the game automatically push you into NG+ after you beat the final boss or do you have to choose to advance it? I'm pretty close to the end and I want to do some of the optional stuff I missed along the way.
automatically pushes you into NG+

you'll definitely know when shit is about to go down for the final fight though, so you can just avoid it and do whatever you wanted

eznark

Banned
You're not a true fan if you're not currently tweeting angry messages at high school students telling them they just ruined their lives and deserve to have bad things happen to them.

I still get in fights with members of the Kessel family. Though usually it's at least in person.

LJ11

see, I rented Demon's Souls(?) when it first came out, and it was fun, but it didn't hold me enough to care - I think I fought the jelly boss and then took it back

Bloodborne clicked immediately with me and I burned through every bit of it in like 2 weeks... not sure if I'd even enjoy trying the other Souls games because of the pace now

Yeah, Im curious to see if I can go back to Dark Souls after playing this one. Think I could, played with a sword/shield combo so I'l just go back to turtling.

Greg

Yeah, I'm definitely at that point now.
hahaha, perfect

Yeah, Im curious to see if I can go back to Dark Souls after playing this one. Think I could, played with a sword/shield combo so I'l just go back to turtling.
it took my one buddy who loved the Souls games a long time to adjust to Bloodborne because he said he was so used to just shielding up like that - he was stuck on that first boss on the bridge for a long time

even though you still have to be careful, I really like that Bloodborne promotes aggressive combat with the whole health regen stuff

A lot of people hate 2 but I loved it

LJ11

hahaha, perfect

it took my one buddy who loved the Souls games a long time to adjust to Bloodborne because he said he was so used to just shielding up like that - he was stuck on that first boss on the bridge for a long time

even though you still have to be careful, I really like that Bloodborne promotes aggressive combat with the whole health regen stuff

I love it too, even if I am banging my head up against the wall because I get too aggressive. Also try and clear out the entire area. If I die, I'm killing every mofo on the way back to getting my souls! Leads to loong play sessions, lol.

Top Bottom