• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, I'm assuming you don't have a car Drizz. I'd evacuate just on the basis that I don't want to have to total my car/s because of water damage. They have wheels and can dodge the hurricane surge.

After watching that crazy guy in Texas livestream from the landing point of Harvey, no way I'd want to stick around, especially for one that appears to be worse.

Somnia

I mean, I'm assuming you don't have a car Drizz. I'd evacuate just on the basis that I don't want to have to total my car/s because of water damage. They have wheels and can dodge the hurricane surge.

After watching that crazy guy in Texas livestream from the landing point of Harvey, no way I'd want to stick around, especially for one that appears to be worse.

No he has a car, he said that's one thing he was worried about.

All this time, drizz was Michael Phelps and none of us had any idea. At least the weed stuff checks out.
cool.gif

Well how do you dodge it then???? It's huge! Do you just like run left or run right? 🤔

L2 + O

Lonestar

Now, I know Florida is impossibly flat with not much elevation, but I imagine driving 20-30 miles inland will let you dodge the worst part of the hurricane, which is when the literal ocean comes to visit your fair city.

brentech

he can put his car in his building that will 100% survive the storm
kind of like, "why don't they make the plane out of the black box!"

Honestly no reason to talk to him about it. He is entrenched in his opinion. If he is willing to risk it, that's ultimately up to him. God speed.

Read an article that said people that have lived in coastal hurricane regions for 10 years or more are most likely to not evacuate because of all the false positives. They think they have weathered the storm so many times that when they should leave it is too late.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Now, I know Florida is impossibly flat with not much elevation, but I imagine driving 20-30 miles inland will let you dodge the worst part of the hurricane, which is when the literal ocean comes to visit your fair city.
15-20 miles inland is the Everglades sir. Everyone in SoFla is gonna get rocked if this thing stays on course. My only real flee option is to go to Sarasota and stay at my sisters, thing is Sarasota is in the cone and could be receiving the eye as well, so yeah I'll say it again, I CANT DODGE THIS THING! Y'all yelling at me and Bowser doesn't even have his sliding doors properly boarded up.

I think I'm gonna stash my car in a parking garage to avoid flood damage, still trying to figure that one out

Somnia

15-20 miles inland is the Everglades sir. Everyone in SoFla is gonna get rocked if this thing stays on course. My only real flee option is to go to Sarasota and stay at my sisters, thing is Sarasota is in the cone and could be receiving the eye as well, so yeah I'll say it again, I CANT DODGE THIS THING! Y'all yelling at me and Bowser doesn't even have his sliding doors properly boarded up.

I think I'm gonna stash my car in a parking garage to avoid flood damage, still trying to figure that one out

Why not go further north and just stay in a hotel for a few days? I don't know, just a thought. If you need money for a room I'm sure you can find help.

Smokey

Well the Totw second challenge is impossible. The CPU is OP good, it's god fucking damn impossible to get a drive going on them, they know exactly what plays im doing and are stopping all my runs short or are doing INT's every fucking time i try to pass. FUCK that shit.

First challenge i've been unable to do as well. I've beaten other All-Pro challenges before but this one, oh man is it just unbalanced with a OP cpu team. It's not only impossible to get a drive going, my defense can't stop them for shit either.

My OVR is 79.

I'm a 80 and did both TOTW yesterday. Make sure you have two decent WRs. In my case, both were low Elites.

Why not go further north and just stay in a hotel for a few days? I don't know, just a thought. If you need money for a room I'm sure you can find help.
Reports are hotels in Georgia are sold out. Thing could also stay right off the coast and wobble into Florida at any point. Might go stay with my other sister who is pretty much doing the same thing but in Delray, just cause her condo building is only 5 years old... Spirit actually owes me a plane ticket too, impossible to get a flight at this point tho. My grandma is getting flown out on some random company jet thanks to an uncle.

And I've noticed they've yet to take down that 150 ft construction crane across the intracoastal from me.... I'm probably 1k feet from it but 3 other condo buildings are within it's radius...

Somnia

During the character creation section of the game, which you can see in the video below (skip to the five minutes and 40 seconds mark), you're able to change the colour of your character's skin, as you'd expect. What's interesting is the easier the difficulty, the lighter your character's skin. Conversely, the harder the difficulty, the darker your character's skin. It means if you want to play The Fractured but Whole on a harder than normal difficulty, you have to play as a person of colour.

This should be interesting when it launches to see peoples responses!

Reports are hotels in Georgia are sold out. Thing could also stay right off the coast and wobble into Florida at any point. Might go stay with my other sister who is pretty much doing the same thing but in Delray, just cause her condo building is only 5 years old... Spirit actually owes me a plane ticket too, impossible to get a flight at this point tho. My grandma is getting flown out on some random company jet thanks to an uncle.

And I've noticed they've yet to take down that 150 ft construction crane across the intracoastal from me.... I'm probably 1k feet from it but 3 other condo buildings are within it's radius...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2017/09/06/atlanta-motor-speedway-open-campgrounds-hurricane-irma-evacuees/638897001/

Just an fyi.

Bread

Banned
Well that's a relief. If the crane falls onto your building you can climb on top of it to safety.

Monroe County Mayor George Neugent said not leaving would be an “irresponsible decision.”

“If a rescue is needed for those people only interested in their own situation, we would have to call out first responders to rescue them and that’s not gonna happen once the storm is hitting,” Neugent said Wednesday. “It would be a bad decision for people not to continue to observe the mandatory evacuation.”

Residents who don’t have access to transportation or need assistance can the Monroe EOC public information hotline at 1-800-955-5504.

Evacuation shuttles are running and will continue to run through Thursday from Key West up to the hurricane shelter at Florida International University, which is scheduled to open to the public at 4 p.m.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/09/07/warning-from-monroe-you-need-to-leave/

BigAT

Drizz, since you're clearly not going to be spending your time preparing or evacuating, can you at least spend your free time reading about survivorship fallacy so that if you survive you're not an obnoxious asshole talking about how much smarter than all of us you are?

Bread

Banned
Drizz, since you're clearly not going to be spending your time preparing or evacuating, can you at least spend your free time reading about survivorship fallacy so that if you survive you're not an obnoxious asshole talking about how much smarter than all of us you are?
it's really a win-win situation for him, either he survives and he gets to gloat or he dies and he can't see us saying "i told you so"

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its a shame that Florida is on an Island with no way out and not part of the greater united states where you could go visit another state for a week or so.

DJ Bowser

My boss shamed me over a series of text messages for letting him know I couldn't come to work tonight because I had to saw plywood and board up mine and my grandmother's homes.

What a guy!

Lonestar

Vanessa Morales‏
@NewsDeskChica
Follow
More
If you live in area of ZONE C marked in map, you're now under the mandatory evacuation order in #MiamiDade, just like Zones A, B More @nbc6

DJJb_f1V4AAmq6i.jpg

What's Drizz's Zone number?

BigAT

Zone A is only three blocks from the zone that's not being evacuated so it's actually safe if you think about it

If you think about it, it's actually safer to stay in the mandatory evacuation zone. There will be less people there, so there's less of a chance that someone gets blown into you.

reece.jpg

Lonestar

Yeah, if the thing goes a little further West, it's now even worse for the eastern coastline. Might end up riding the eye wall all the way. Fun times.

It's settled guys, he's not on that map.

Top Bottom