• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2005 Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Score? any lag? any problems online yet?

Ramirez

Smooth as silk,maybe a few hiccups during a cutscene or something after the play,but gameplay was perfect.

I won 20-14,extremely sloppy game...he killed Randle El on a punt and got a TD,then his dude dropped a punt and I scored a TD,roofles.

Great game though,DBs are actually smart and it just overall beats the living shit out of ESPN as far as Im concerned so far.Graphics are ace as well,I was pleasantly surprised by that!

DMczaf

I swear, I have the worst luck against Ramirez! I fumble on one drive, then on the next drive Brad Johnson gets hurt. All with 2 mins and some change left in the 4th when I had a chance to come back :(

Oh well, good game.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Ramirez said:
Smooth as silk,maybe a few hiccups during a cutscene or something after the play,but gameplay was perfect.

I won 20-14,extremely sloppy game...he killed Randle El on a punt and got a TD,then his dude dropped a punt and I scored a TD,roofles.

Great game though,DBs are actually smart and it just overall beats the living shit out of ESPN as far as Im concerned so far.Graphics are ace as well,I was pleasantly surprised by that!

I should have my copy in about 90 minutes.

Ramirez

Then I can give you the beating of a lifetime! :p

DM answer my got damn AIM message!Im down for a rematch if you wanna go :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
I swear, I have the worst luck against Ramirez! I fumble on one drive, then on the next drive Brad Johnson gets hurt. All with 2 mins and some change left in the 4th when I had a chance to come back :(

Oh well, good game.

Yea well I always choke against you...I cant feel for ya :p

So far all these impressions are making me very very happy :D *boing*

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Yea well I always choke against you...I cant feel for ya :p

So far all these impressions are making me very very happy :D *boing*

WHAT?!?! YOU HAVE NOT SUFFERED LIKE I HAVE! DONT FUCKING PICK MY TEAM EITHER! FUCK!

Matrix

Matrix

I didnt pre-order online and I was too busy to go pick up a copy ...plus I dont think my local EB and gamestop got them in today anyway.I should have a copy tomorrow,I'm trading in some games for it.

Matrix

Well I was going to do what you guys did using the gamestop coupon,but I figured I would save myself some money for a change :p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I've been playing the Xbox version all day. I got online this morning right after I unwrapped it and there were literally 0 people logged in playing it on Live! Strange sight. Anyway, I played online later in the afternoon and it was indeed flawless.
Online games default to 4 minute quarters. I thought it might be too short, but the length feels right so far. NCAA online games drag on so long with all the incomplete passes and 5 minute quarters. Great to see a roster update already. Everything online looks identical to NCAA, which I like a lot better than ESPN's setup. I'm going to have to study all the defensive playmaker options. There are a ton of them and involve various permutations that are overwhelming at first.
My overall first impressions are very favorable, in stark contrast to NCAA. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this game. My only complaint right now would be how they underrated Eli. Oh well, I'm sure a roster update will fix that later.

JayFro

Banned
I just picked this up about 2 hours ago at my local gamestop and I'm very impressed so far. I won my first game 27-7 (me packers, he lions) and had a ton of fun in the process. So far IMO this beats ESPN, but the weeks to come will tell the full story.

Anyone who tells you that Madden beats ESPN graphically is either legally blind or the biggest Madden fanboy on the face of the earth. Graphically ESPN destroys Madden and I wish EA would put a little work in and make the game as good graphically as ESPN on Xbox.

I definitely prefer the Madden lobby and challenge to that of ESPN. It's much more user friendly and breaks it down for you by sections of the country like NCAA which I like quite a bit. Sega copy this!

Gameplay wise Madden feels much slower compared to ESPN and I like that because I liked the fact that I could actually use play action and it felt like plays had time to develop. As far as stats go quarters were four minutes and my stats were pretty solid.

Favre 12/20 60% 150 yards and 2 int's.

Green 19 carries for 82 yards and 3 TD's.

Now against a stronger team like the Pats or Eagles I'm sure I would feel much more pressure from the D and not put up these numbers, but for my first online game I thought I did pretty well for not having played Madden in a year.

I didn't notice lag online with Madden, but the lag in ESPN was definitely evident when you play.

Graphically again it looks asstastic, but gameplay for me so far this is sooooo much better compared to ESPN. If Sega could just match this level of gameplay with the current graphics they would start to steal the Madden crowd away.

When I went to pick up my copy at Gamestop anyone who was there for Madden was asked if they wanted a soda and chips. Not sure if this was just at my local Gamestop or not, but you can bet your butt I took them up on a free Dewski and some chips. I thought it was a nice touch, and they also gave me $15 trade in for my copy of ESPN 2K5. They were also offereing $35 trade in credit for NCAA 2005.

To the person running the ESPN Xbox league I apologize but I'm going to have to withdraw from the league because I no longer have the game. I was the Packers and I apologize for that. I'll be looking for a Madden league to get involved with now. Later

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Ramirez,

I popped in the game tonight after having played ESPN for about 5 hours straight against a buddy yesterday and Madden looked washed out and so PS2. I guess I've gotten spoiled by the graphics of ESPN on XBox, but it seriously to me looked asstastic. That's my only gripe with the game. If they matched the ESPN graphics it wouldn't be a contest regardless of what ESPN was selling for.

I could tell a graphical difference easily just from the overhead field vew let alone the player closeups. It was like night and day graphically. IMO of course.

effzee

fuck EB and GAMESTOP. i called in the morning and EB tells me they will have it by 8, but only for people who pre order. i ask even for gamecube...knowing full well that it wont be sold out or even in that high demand on gamecube. but whatever he tells me all systems. so i call gamestop then and they say come at 6 and no need to pre order. i go at 6:30 and they say 8. i call at 8 and they say 9:30...now they tell me they will stay open till it comes and tells me there are tons of people here also. im like whatever ill get it tom and he goes "i dont know it might be sold out!" and im like even for gamecube? and he goes "definetly".

fucking liars.

Brofist

even if he was sitting on 200 copies he'd say that. they want to prove their point that you have to preorder to get it...which is fucking bs.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
god, so crazy. worked at a shop tonight for the release. Lines and lines of people even though the game didn't show up until almost an hour after the store closed. Drama and madness. There were just enough PS2 copies to cover the pre-orders and I believe there would have been riots if they didn't show up. I've been looking forward to the game as much as the next guy but now I'm too tired to even fire it up. Don't these people work in the morning?

The GC copies didn't get shipped...and no one really cared.

Bog

Junior Ace
JayFro said:
To the person running the ESPN Xbox league I apologize but I'm going to have to withdraw from the league because I no longer have the game. I was the Packers and I apologize for that. I'll be looking for a Madden league to get involved with now. Later

Uh, you're in the ESPN League? Which team?

JayFro

Banned
Bog said:
Uh, you're in the ESPN League? Which team?

I entered as the Packers, but I traded in ESPN because I was unhappy with the passing and QB scrambling. It just got frustrating playing against a scrambling QB who could also throw to Owens in triple coverage.

JayFro

cubanb

Banned
ok, last year on a running play u could press triangle to hot route and then press the opposite direction of your current run to flop the run without flipping the formation. I cant figure out how to do it this year

JayFro

Banned
Weird that the Gamecube version didn't come in tonight, but while I was picking up my copy a younger kid around 16 came in and asked if his pre-order was in but it wasn't. The guy said it would be in around 11am. Most of the people who were in when I picked up my copy were in for the PS2 version, and I was surprised that 3 of the guys were getting the collectors edition.

Fifty

I thought Stooge was the Packers....anyway, this game rocks. I want to play online, but I'm at my friend's house tonight, working on a project. I played a Rushing Attack game earlier in the day with DM, took all of two minutes. I love that mode :D Hopefully I can get some games in with you guys tomorrow! :)

JayFro

Banned
I could have swore I signed up for the Xbox league in one of these threads for ESPN 2K5, but if Stooge has em no problem at all then. Already taken care of :) Now I just have to find a Madden league to sign up for.

hgplayer1

cubanb said:
ok, last year on a running play u could press triangle to hot route and then press the opposite direction of your current run to flop the run without flipping the formation. I cant figure out how to do it this year

if its anything like NCAA you would press the hot route button then press left or right on the left analog. something like that

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMOwned.jpg

Man I jumped straight into All-Madden difficulty and got my ass handed to me. Legend in ESPN was cake compared to this. Doesn't help that the Giants are severely underrated with a 67 offense. They were ranked 20th in the NFL in yards/game, though they were ranked second to last in points per game and absolute last in turnovers. Blame Kerry Collins. >:|

Fifty

Just played a good game with Konex. We suck at the passing game.... 6 INTs, 3 each. I won 17-3, thanks to my good friends at the Ravens D (Cmac had 2 picks and a TD) This game rocks.

(He doesn't like the game...)

Matrix

I wont have the game till tomorrow :( I'm really busy today with work and my bro has vanished *punk ass bitch* so I ordered it from gamestop with the free overnight shipping just now.

Ughh I hope it shows up tomorrow.

And typical Konex,he said the same shit last year and tricked me into getting Espn Crapk4.

Matrix

Actually its my bro that sucks,he knew I had shit to do today so he promised me he would take some games and trade them in,well the little bitch went off with a friend and turned off his cell phone.

If I knew he was going to do that,I would have just ordered the game days ago.

Fifty

I played a great game with DM just now. This game is just so much better than ESPN. :) The Ravens D actually plays with ferocity out there. He bumped my WRs really well that game, yet another strength of Madden's gameplay...the bump really works. I had an awful, awful punt return where I didn't call a fair catch, Brightful bent over to catch the short kick...putting his head down, and DM ran in and used to the hit stick to just KILL poor little Brightful, causing a fumble and scoring a TD on the play. Awesome stuff, even if it didn't go his way.

99fbcmbrightful.JPG

RIP

hgplayer1

ok I got my copy and can play tonight. too bad this game isnt Live aware. I might be in practice for a while but I should be online most of the night.

how about you ladies move your asses to the online forum with all this match up stuff? this thread keeps dropping.

Top Bottom