• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Lkr said:
I wasn't sure where else to post this, but is tackling broken in this game? I only play on pro since I am a casual sports gamer, and defense used to be my favorite part of football games. But not anymore, because it seems like the CPU breaks everything. If I do a tackle with 'X', my guy dives and tackles the dirt instead of the player. If I use the hit stick, my guy flat out misses. What should I do?!

Run your Defender into the player. Don't hit X, don't hit stick em (unless you know you got em). Will give you a nice, conservative tackle..unless the CPU player because Barry Sanders and just gets past you.

Lkr

Lonestar said:
Run your Defender into the player. Don't hit X, don't hit stick em (unless you know you got em). Will give you a nice, conservative tackle..unless the CPU player because Barry Sanders and just gets past you.
Ok, because in the past it always had me pressing buttons to tackle. Seems easier I guess if I just have to run into the player

Lonestar

Lkr said:
Ok, because in the past it always had me pressing buttons to tackle. Seems easier I guess if I just have to run into the player

Haven't liked the X tackle, and it just seems like your player does this weak dive animation. Running into the player seems to be representative of a standard "Wrap em up" tackle.

Ramirez

I'm shocked at how much SC is loved by most of Madden GAF, most of you can barely play a game of football or shoot someone in a FPS, how do you manage all of the micromanaging of a RTS? I couldn't even beat the Halo Wars demo, much less a PC RTS. :lol Warcraft banged me hardcore back in the day.

Lonestar

Ramirez said:
I'm shocked at how much SC is loved by most of Madden GAF, most of you can barely play a game of football or shoot someone in a FPS, how do you manage all of the micromanaging of a RTS? I couldn't even beat the Halo Wars demo, much less a PC RTS. :lol Warcraft banged me hardcore back in the day.

I did like Age of Empires, and FFT was a favorite of mine back in the day (though, upon replaying...it takes too long for my impatient taste). Beyond that, RTS isn't my cup o tea.

DenogginizerOS said:
Can someone post the link to our league's online site so I can knock out recruiting? We need to put that in the OP.

You can just go to the easports/dynasty site and when you sign in it'll take you to your dynasties.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
welp, bball time. i'll be back in a couple hours to advance. better hope your CPU game is done by then denogg!

Pass Commish to me, I'll advance when there done, then shift it back to you.

Somnia

Fuck your RB Az :lol

Anyways good game...nothing worked at all for me that game defensivley or offensively. I honestly felt like everything I did didnt matter, your HB would get hit and run 2-3 more yards or break my all star dline men when they hit you and get away or your QB would get wrapped up a couple times by my dline and just throw them off him =/

Granted there were some missed tackles by myself, but ya.

gluck the rest of the season man

Somnia said:
Fuck your RB Az :lol

Anyways good game...nothing worked at all for me that game defensivley or offensively. I honestly felt like everything I did didnt matter, your HB would get hit and run 2-3 more yards or break my all star dline men when they hit you and get away or your QB would get wrapped up a couple times by my dline and just throw them off him =/

Granted there were some missed tackles by myself, but ya.

gluck the rest of the season man

Haha, the funniest thing is you knocked out my starter in the second quarter and my backup did most of the damage. And I thought you did really well against me with the run but seemed to give it up fairly early. Good luck on the rest of the season to you too!

Somnia

Azwethinkweiz said:
Haha, the funniest thing is you knocked out my starter in the second quarter and my backup did most of the damage. And I thought you did really well against me with the run but seemed to give it up fairly early. Good luck on the rest of the season to you too!

That's a problem I've had since madden (ask CK). I am getting better at not giving up the run, but it still shows up (like tonight). I think my problem is I'm just ready to get the Madden league up and going and don't have my focus 100% on ncaa.

Lonestar

Not part of this league, but a nice little story touch. I played Boise State in game one, killing them. Now, I get to play Boise State again in the BCS Championship. And the Dynasty Wire brings up the story line "Second Time the Charm?" :lol

About to check on the new week.

Yay, picked up 3 4 star players. The QB I talked about, a Center (needed position for next year) and another DT!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man fuck. I had to go for 2 in an overtime game cause I was already running like 20 minutes late. Fucking asshole was open to and shit just sails 5 yards right. Absolute horseshit

I didn't even play that last drive before overtime. The CPU was picking the plays and controlling them for most of it

Ramirez

I didn't get to recruit...knew I should have done it earlier in the day. :(

Somnia, I might be able to play tomorrow night, got a long day tomorrow, not sure what time we'll be home. I'll definitely be free Friday night though.

Did you lose to the cpu and are now making every excuse in the book as to why it happened? :lol

CB3

No. To fmt. I told him I was short on time before so it was no excuse. He Hung with me the whole game so he probably deserved to win. Still. That 2 point try should have been completed

DMczaf

Oregon-2009.jpg

wow what a crazy game. neither defense showed up. i got burned on a few screen plays (again).

i scored on the last play of regulation to send it to OT (check out the vid on the summary, it is the 20 yard pass out of the gun), then i scored in OT, then CB scored on a 4th and 5 and had to go for it. you can also check out the goal line pick if you want to see that. i felt kind of bad for him because that is a route i completed for a 2 point conversion earlier in the game with ease. anyways, crazy game

also i see lonestar was going to get beat twice and then reset. guys, take your beatings like a man! luke did! there's no reason to see 2 restarts. i guess FEASIBLY it could have been EA servers booting you but i kind of doubt it..... if the CPU beats you ass, take the loss!

LJ11

Never thought playing against the CPU would be so tough, back to back weeks CPU takes the lead late, only to let it slip away. Really wild games.

LJ11 said:
Never thought playing against the CPU would be so tough, back to back weeks CPU takes the lead late, only to let it slip away. Really wild games.

that is what i like about it. it's not like madden where its basically a W automatically.

CB3

I just looked at the final stats for out game

Matt Barkley: 15 completions, 492 yards, 7 TD's. Wasted :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, take your beatings like a man! luke did! there's no reason to see 2 restarts. i guess FEASIBLY it could have been EA servers booting you but i kind of doubt it..... if the CPU beats you ass, take the loss!

Thank you. It shouldn't have had to be said.

Somnia

Ramirez said:
I didn't get to recruit...knew I should have done it earlier in the day. :(

Somnia, I might be able to play tomorrow night, got a long day tomorrow, not sure what time we'll be home. I'll definitely be free Friday night though.

Did you lose to the cpu and are now making every excuse in the book as to why it happened? :lol
In free tonight and tomorrow night from 7pm cst till 12am cst. Just let me know.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
If I keep seeing restarts against the cpu ill start overturning wins

Pfft

It was 1 restart, after a 360 lockup. The wording on 2 restarts is wrong. It's 2 starts, 1 restart. But hey, lets all accuse everyone of cheating! Pick a game, and I'll try to lose it, aight.

Lonestar said:
Pfft

It was 1 restart, after a 360 lockup. The wording on 2 restarts is wrong. It's 2 starts, 1 restart. But hey, lets all accuse everyone of cheating! Pick a game, and I'll try to lose it, aight.

I said it feasibly could have been the game. Just getting the word to everyone! Install the game to prevent lockups!

In other news, TITLE UPDATE 2 and TUNER SETS FORMALLY ANNOUNCED....

NEW FOR NCAA FOOTBALL 11 -- LIVE TUNING PACKAGES

A number of you have already noticed that we do a check for "Online Gameplay Tuning" when connecting to our online servers. Some of you may also have found a new "Tuning" category in the Files menu. This is a new technology for NCAA Football 11 that allows us to not only live update and tune core gameplay parameters -- like fumbles, throw accuracy, and juke success ratings -- but it also allows us to rebalance certain core features such as recruiting logic, blocking, even control the intensity of shadows cast by the football on a sunny day!

These new Live Tuning Packages (LTPs) contain literally 1000's of key parameters which drive the heart of our game; parameters that live well below the level of specific player or team ratings. With our new LTPs we can often turn changes around in a few days. It can't solve everything, and some issues will still require a traditional client update, but for many items it's definitely a more powerful and faster strategy for tuning throughout the season.

Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 ONLINE SERVER UPDATES

The NCAA Football Live Team, a group dedicated to server-side health and maintenance, has been very busy over the last two weeks since launch. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced in recent days. The team has been upgrading hardware, tuning databases, and fixing web issues as they arise. Most of these changes happen behind-the-scenes on a daily and nightly basis. Here a few of the most visible fixes so far:

-- Fixed online leaderboard exploit
-- Fixed potential crash at online team-select screen
-- Fixed post-game email formatting
-- Optimized various database queries
-- Various hardware upgrades and backend optimizations

Work will continue on server optimizations throughout the season to ensure a fast and enjoyable online experience for everyone. We're also working to do a better job of communicating upcoming fixes and outages so that everyone has a better handle on what's happening. And by the way, just to dispel a common myth, if you have lag issues when playing an online opponent, it's unlikely to be an EA Server issue. Our matchmaking system works by telling your consoles to directly connect to each other for the game and then report back the results. The network traffic doesn't go through our servers like an MMO. If you have problems or disconnects, it could be your ISP, local networking gear, or simply someone unhappy about the way the game is going and pulling the cord. It happens. ;-)

NCAA FOOTBALL 11 CLIENT UPDATE 2

More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out.
(Pic on the blog)

LOOKING AHEAD

My apologies to longtime fans like ODogg who can't find peace without dreadlocks. ;-) Or others who've been aggressively petitioning for broadcast cameras or bowl patches. We just weren't able to get them into NCAA Football 11 given all the other work we had to take care of this year. And unfortunately, these aren't things that we can simply "patch in". I can tell you they're on our wishlists as well and we hope to get to them in a future version. Look for a link to a new Satisfaction and Feature Request Survey in my next blog.

Thanks again for the great support!

Roy
NCAA Football 11
Executive Producer

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=ThankYou

Mrbob

Damn what an update and fix to major issues.

Madden team would just point and laugh at the issues and tell you they MAY be fixed in next year's version instead of addressing them right away like the NCAA team has done.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
Damn what an update and fix to major issues.

Madden team would just point and laugh at the issues and tell you they MAY be fixed in next year's version instead of addressing them right away like the NCAA team has done.
NCAA is the game this year. Madden is a chump in comparison. A BIG CHUMP!

Top Bottom