• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you got away games against the people you got home games against last season (human players).

i have no control over your conference home/away, so cry me a rivaaaahhhhh! you get me at home at least ;)
Shits not going to work, son.

Az should be a home game.

Your just lucky I got a 5 star wr, or imma gonna go jet blue up in here.

Done recruiting, now I can go.

DMczaf

I have a Michigan pipeline thanks to that 5 star Guard i stole from Luke

Soooo good.

Edit: Oops, read that wrong. Still no pipeline. Damn!

LJ11

I got an instant commit!

Feels like a great accomplishment!

Edit: Maybe later tonight dude. I'm migraine prone and my head is banging today. If I feel better, tonight.

LukeSmith said:
Does website recruiting actually work? maybe I'll try from the hotel if it's serviceable

Works pretty well. Just make sure to not double click on a choice/option, sometimes it take a few seconds to load and if you double click thinking it didn't register you'll get an error message.

:lol

nothing i can do about alabama in alabama. the definition of an auto-win team when they're playing at home. their LB's and CB's are running my routes for me and my o-line doesn't block from the start :(

also, extremely classy going for the TD pass late when the game was over lonestar. hopefully you stick around for 2 seasons of madden when i get to play you as a non-super team so i can return the favor ;)

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
I have a Michigan pipeline thanks to that 5 star Guard i stole from Luke

Soooo good.

Edit: Oops, read that wrong. Still no pipeline. Damn!
I feel like i was always chasing you on that guard. He's a big Emilio Estevez fan. Quack! Quack!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:

nothing i can do about alabama in alabama. the definition of an auto-win team when they're playing at home. their LB's and CB's are running my routes for me and my o-line doesn't block from the start :(

also, extremely classy going for the TD pass late when the game was over lonestar. hopefully you stick around for 2 seasons of madden when i get to play you as a non-super team so i can return the favor ;)

I was already returning the favor. You can't return return favor. That's not how the rules of favor work.

I figure since you went all scramble to the sidelines all day long, I figured you'd be ok with qb contain defense.

Lonestar

Well, still got Ingram and Richardson. 2 of the best hb in college. Barron is one of the best safeties. Dareus one of the best DE's

But yes, Johnson, upchurch and Harris are rated too high. So is kirckpatrick and carpenter.

well when your DT's are in my face basically at the snap i can't stay in the pocket. all my success came in the 5 wide formation because i was able to get outside of the pocket. playing a base formation was even worse. somehow your safety can always get back on deep throws, and your lb's can be at the line to play the run and get back quickly on the pass if that's the case. didn't really have much trouble with your passing offense, but the offensive line was just giving you gaping holes.

i normally wouldn't care about someone running up the score on me, but when it's the same guy that pauses the game every other play when shit isn't going his way to say "i should just quit" "why am i even playing" "bs" then it's just annoying.

but yes, lonestars team is stacked. i would be embarrassed to lose a game with that team... and he may not lose one! but maybe if you get them outside alabama they won't be so CPU all-maddenesque

DMczaf

i normally wouldn't care about someone running up the score on me, but when it's the same guy that pauses the game every other play when shit isn't going his way to say "i should just quit" "why am i even playing" "bs" then it's just annoying.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well when your DT's are in my face basically at the snap i can't stay in the pocket. all my success came in the 5 wide formation because i was able to get outside of the pocket. playing a base formation was even worse. somehow your safety can always get back on deep throws, and your lb's can be at the line to play the run and get back quickly on the pass if that's the case. didn't really have much trouble with your passing offense, but the offensive line was just giving you gaping holes.

but yes, lonestars team is stacked. i would be embarrassed to lose a game with that team... and he may not lose one! but maybe if you get them outside alabama they won't be so CPU all-maddenesque

I get them in Clemson. Maybe that will be the equalizer!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
Then just turn on balance teams, treebeard.

speed08iv3.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It was more a case of Rule #0. Contain the Vick-like QB. Ive had McNabb and Vick. I know the deal.

Lonestar

Well, those QB's fall under the same premise. Stop them from running. I want to say DCX's #1 runner last season was Pryor. Or at least a close 2nd. Think he had 600+ yards.

DM: Seeing that one video, of the pitch from your QB to your HB. Geez, I gotta try that move out. I've got something similar, but that thing was wild.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
It was more a case of Rule #0. Contain the Vick-like QB. Ive had McNabb and Vick. I know the deal.
eh..i couldn't run..my success last year was Saine, was 5th in the nation is rushing..Herron is not any good, reminds me of LT when i had him. Pryor was fine, i got boned on my Wrs fumbling, dropping passes..missing FGs..tipped passes for ints.. you played well, seems like home field did it's job.

I love the Barkley pass on a scramble and hit the TE on the sidelines on a dart..with manual coverage and of course it floats right above my hand :/

DCX

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Well, those QB's fall under the same premise. Stop them from running. I want to say DCX's #1 runner last season was Pryor. Or at least a close 2nd. Think he had 600+ yards.

DM: Seeing that one video, of the pitch from your QB to your HB. Geez, I gotta try that move out. I've got something similar, but that thing was wild.
Nah, no way. Saine had like 1350 yards, like 5th in the nation. Pryor had 600 ish.

DCX

well this will be the last season with homefield turned on. i just thought it wouldn't be fair for the guys who got some big homefield last year to then have it turned off in season 2 when they have to play some same teams

LukeSmith

Did my week's recruiting on Das Internet. I feel like I lost some guys that had committed and I think I missed the bowl series and all of the offseason.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well this will be the last season with homefield turned on. i just thought it wouldn't be fair for the guys who got some big homefield last year to then have it turned off in season 2 when they have to play some same teams

I think home field is fine. It encourages people to use older players. Of course freshman and sophomores are going to make mistakes in a hostile environment. They're still green. But whatever.

GG, LJ. I think that if it hadn't been for a couple of very questionable calls of which I couldn't challenge due to it being an online game (The "fumble" my qb threw in the 1st quarter and the pass I'm pretty sure you caught out of bounds at the end of the game), it would have been a much closer game. Oh well. Also, the wide open pass my qb overthrew on my last drive certainly didn't help. I'm pretty sure the game accidently thought you were the home team.

LJ11

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'm pretty sure the game accidently thought you were the home team.

That's exactly what I was saying during the game. I think Floyd was out too on that long pass, very close. Looked like he had one foot out when he was making the catch.

Nice goal line stands by the way. Twice I had to settle for FGs.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Damn, that is worse than me back in the day. I would at least give the courtesy of having the game be over before I threatened to quit!

Lonestar

That was fun. Like, anti Home Field Advantage. T-Richardson pretty much no showed, which to CB3's credit, much better defending the run than last season. Probably lucky to win that, after getting my QB knocked out of the game, letting Phillip Sims attempt to not-blow-it.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
why dont you buy ncaa and play in our league

Sorry, don't have time for both NCAA and Madden. I'm not too enamored by Madden right now, might sell it for NCAA if there are openings left in this league in the future. Going to wait for Tiburon to patch the game first and see if they can fix it.

Mrbob said:
Sorry, don't have time for both NCAA and Madden. I'm not too enamored by Madden right now, might sell it for NCAA if there are openings left in this league in the future. Going to wait for Tiburon to patch the game first and see if they can fix it.

We have like 3 open spots right now.

CB3 said:
We're advancing tonight right

no comment from your game? i give you a home game and you do nothing with it. what a shame.

p.s. i have no idea if we're advancing.... no one posts when they're done :*(

or maybe no one else is done ;)

Top Bottom