• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
fuck_yo_couch.gif

i don't know how anyone can enjoy the gameplay of ncaa more than madden :lol

where is the defense? half of my incompletions came on the final desperation drive. there was 1 punt all game combined. 3 total sacks in the game: 1 came on my final desperation drive, 1 was on CB at the end of the half when he was just going to heave it.

i know i can adjust the sliders but i don't feel like doing that every week. the only time i've seen the defense be really good is when homefield advantage basically cripples the other team. unfortunately stanford is like the 106th toughest place to play :/

CB3

NCAA >>>>>>>>>>>> Madden. I dont know why it seems to be a shoot out with me and you though always.

CB3 said:
NCAA >>>>>>>>>>>> Madden. I dont know why it seems to be a shoot out with me and you though always.

it was like every defender was a retard. seriously my cb's would basically stand there while your guys went past if i played zone. if i played man they would do this weird freeze step when they were tracking the receiver allowing the receiver to get easily open. if i play off they do not honor the inside on slants. if i play bump they are beat immediately. i know i don't have all world cornerbacks but come on, give me something! same with your guys! i don't even have great receivers overall! i wasn't even having a difficult time putting up 500 yards. if i had about 30 seconds more i would have tied the game without any problems. the only reason i lost is because of 2 random fumbles (i'm not supposed to get those at home!)

CB3

those fumbles made up for the 234987324 times you threw into double coverage and my DB's just sat and watched.

PS- You liked that screen play didnt you

CB3 said:
those fumbles made up for the 234987324 times you threw into double coverage and my DB's just sat and watched.

PS- You liked that screen play didnt you

it seems like everyone but me throws 5+ screens per game.... and the defense never plays it properly unless i specifically choose containment, and then if it ISN"T a screen it looks fucking stupid with my guys just standing out there doing nothing and the qb with all day to throw

p.s. and what did i get for all the times my guys just stood still? :(

your 2 turnovers were on you! 2 awful throws!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it seems like everyone but me throws 5+ screens per game.... and the defense never plays it properly unless i specifically choose containment, and then if it ISN"T a screen it looks fucking stupid with my guys just standing out there doing nothing and the qb with all day to throw

p.s. and what did i get for all the times my guys just stood still? :(

your 2 turnovers were on you! 2 awful throws!

I don't think I've ever thrown a screen in this game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LJ11 said:
Denog, I should be free to play our game tonight if you're available. My weekend is pretty open.
I will have to let you know later. There are things up in the air at the moment.

Are you still taking the honorable route and boycotting Madden?

LJ11

Not on the defensive side of the ball, they are different beasts imo.

Edit: I want to enjoy Madden, use my Bills, but I just don't like the gameplay this year. NCAA just clicks with me, also offers variety with the playbooks.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm agreeing with LJ, and that the 2 (3) of you are Nuts.

NCAA feels like a tighter playing game, on both sides of the ball, and Madden feels like NFL Blitz: All Arcade. And the Kicking Game is horseshit online.

Then yeah, throw in the dynasty, and playbook variety of College. The ONLY thing Madden's offensive playbooks have over NCAA, is the Slot WR Motion routes on New Englands playbook. Those are cool. The rest of the playbooks in madden are "Dumbed" Down versions of last seasons. And 90% common between all the teams.

It's been a good thing that the madden league has taken so long to start, because I haven't even thought joining it once, this whole time.

That said, more 3x3 games need to be played. Those (and laughing hysterically at the travesty of the games I've played with Matrix), have been what's keeping me from trading in the game.

Lonestar said:
I'm agreeing with LJ, and that the 2 (3) of you are Nuts.

NCAA feels like a tighter playing game, on both sides of the ball, and Madden feels like NFL Blitz: All Arcade. And the Kicking Game is horseshit online.

Then yeah, throw in the dynasty, and playbook variety of College. The ONLY thing Madden's offensive playbooks have over NCAA, is the Slot WR Motion routes on New Englands playbook. Those are cool. The rest of the playbooks in madden are "Dumbed" Down versions of last seasons. And 90% common between all the teams.

It's been a good thing that the madden league has taken so long to start, because I haven't even thought joining it once, this whole time.

That said, more 3x3 games need to be played. Those (and laughing hysterically at the travesty of the games I've played with Matrix), have been what's keeping me from trading in the game.

you do realize that you can play defense in NCAA because you have an all-star team right? try playing with a just "above average" team. i dont like the line play in NCAA at all. i try to do moves and my guys just fall down.... even after being engaged with the defender. then i look around and i have other dlinemen who fell down. wtf? i can play D in madden on all-madden that feels more satisfying. both games have problems and i guess it's just a preference but madden is no more of a shootout game than NCAA is (and in my opinion less)

i think it's good we haven't started madden in your case because people would be wasting a lot of time with you pausing the game to complain about the game. with alabama you don't really have anything to complain about ;)

p.s. but i do agree about the playbooks. fucking ridiculous that 25% of my niners playbook is gone. why? simpler? deeper? whatever tiburon

Mrbob

Small point of contention about defensive comments and while I haven't played NCAA, user D in Madden is terrible because of the lag issues. Also, defense in the NFL should be better. These are the best of the best from all 100+ colleges trying to make it into the elite club on a roster of only 32 teams. There are plenty of college games where the scores are blowouts and can be the norm at times, because your second string Safety might be some kid who walked in off the street. Most college teams don't have huge depth to them and the good players leave early anyway.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you do realize that you can play defense in NCAA because you have an all-star team right? try playing with a just "above average" team. i dont like the line play in NCAA at all. i try to do moves and my guys just fall down.... even after being engaged with the defender. then i look around and i have other dlinemen who fell down. wtf? i can play D in madden on all-madden that feels more satisfying. both games have problems and i guess it's just a preference but madden is no more of a shootout game than NCAA is (and in my opinion less)

i think it's good we haven't started madden in your case because people would be wasting a lot of time with you pausing the game to complain about the game. with alabama you don't really have anything to complain about ;)

p.s. but i do agree about the playbooks. fucking ridiculous that 25% of my niners playbook is gone. why? simpler? deeper? whatever tiburon

I have used other teams, dude

DenogginizerOS

2 redzone fumbles inside the 5 and an activation glitch on a CB leads to a 17-7 voctory for ND. Who says there is homefield advantage? What an excruciating way to lose a game.

That has to be one of the biggest screw jobs ever.

LJ11

Denog got screwed royally, it was pretty bad. Incredibly bad.

Dominated most of the game, his RB is pretty fucking awesome.

LJ11

I changed Teo to MLB from ROLB and he's playing like hot garbage this year.

Played him at MLB for the entire season, and he was awesome. His MIA since I made the official switch in the offseason, strange. Need to look at his ratings.

guys i advanced early as apparently denogg didn't do his recruiting and was in the middle of it.

i thought he had done it in the past 2 days since it advanced but i guess not. when you post your game is done also say if you haven't completed recruiting. i assumed this would've been done since you can do your recruiting at any time and don't need to wait for anyone.

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i advanced early as apparently denogg didn't do his recruiting and was in the middle of it.

i thought he had done it in the past 2 days since it advanced but i guess not. when you post your game is done also say if you haven't completed recruiting. i assumed this would've been done since you can do your recruiting at any time and don't need to wait for anyone.

Too busy fighting your madden crusade against me.

DenogginizerOS

Well, this time, I am officially done. This evening was the straw that broke the camel's back. Best of luck with the rest of the season, gents.

LJ11

Sorry to see you go Denog, always fun playing against you!

CB is infatuated with Safeties, and Lone with Running backs.

I'm going nuts with MLBs, so I guess well all have are fetishes.

DenogginizerOS

I look forward to having some laughs with you guys in other games in the near future. I think I just need a break from football.

CB3

LJ11 said:

That should made sense

welp, hope you are still down for some madden denogg.

in other news, i had one of my greatest games ever against the CPU. well, not one of mine, but one of the most fun games. i beat them 20-19 but only after their kicker missed 2 XP's and a fg. he could also only reach my 20 on kickoffs so i had great field position all game but their D was tough. i got greedy late in the 4th on a PA pass, sack, fumble, td return and now i'm down. managed to drive down field and kick the winning fg but it was pretty wild.

i can't get anyone to committ after i got that first 4 star TE. i am #1 on a bunch of guys lists though. stay away from that 4 star ATH cb, he wants to come to stanford not your crooked school!

CB3

Ive found that Super Sim should be called "let the CPU run all over you with BS fumbles to let them back into the game" I was up 21-0 late in the game and supersimmed forward because the eagles game was about to be on, and they scored 18 points in like 5 mintues. I had to go back in and clean things up

CB3 said:
Ive found that Super Sim should be called "let the CPU run all over you with BS fumbles to let them back into the game" I was up 21-0 late in the game and supersimmed forward because the eagles game was about to be on, and they scored 18 points in like 5 mintues. I had to go back in and clean things up

:lol

the thing about supersim is it seems each play takes like 3 seconds. so they get a gajillion plays in.

i supersimmed a couple times and then stopped when i would end up having mysterious injuries on my star defensive players for weeks.

CB3

I didnt check injuries. now you got me worried.

Ive never quit against the computer in madden or NCAA ever. But if by some turn of bullshit the CPU would have taken the lead, i probably would have taken a retry on that. I dont think ASU made it past the 50 yard line in 3 quarters against me then they get 18 points in 2 seconds?

Lonestar

LJ11 said:

I've only going after 1 hb this year. Heavy on the wr.

Bullshit, mccarron is still questionable. 1 week message in game has turned into 4 weeks!

guys does anyone know what the LT does on defense?

if you hold it, it says "left rush, middle rush, right rush, pass". is this like a guess the offenses play thing?

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys does anyone know what the LT does on defense?

if you hold it, it says "left rush, middle rush, right rush, pass". is this like a guess the offenses play thing?

Yup, you can guess the run direction pre-snap, guess pass so you aren't fooled by a PA, and highlight a receiver by holding the trigger and hitting the corresponding receiver icon.

There's also the gameplan feature where you can drop your defenders into deeper or shallower zones depending on down, go for more strips, etc.

LJ11 said:
Yup, you can guess the run direction pre-snap, guess pass so you aren't fooled by a PA, and highlight a receiver by holding the trigger and hitting the corresponding receiver icon.

There's also the gameplan feature where you can drop your defenders into deeper or shallower zones depending on down, go for more strips, etc.

so does it work like:

A. Hold LT, hold the stick in a direction you want to guess until the snap

or

B. Hold LT, tap in the direction you want to guess and release

DCX

DCX
I have yet to play my game or recruit..on my way back from camping, should get it done within the next few hours.

DCX

Top Bottom