• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

mik

mik is unbeatable
Wanna try it yet tonight? My kid is going to have the basement occupied with a bunch of yipping teenage girls tomorrow night.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
lets do it

Wait we're in different time zones. by tonight do you mean now or Friday night

dcx where R U?

you flaked on thursday night and didn't get back to me in an hour, then you weren't around yesterday, and now you aren't around now! i hate you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

gg dcx. felt like i made some good adjustments in the 2nd half to slow your defense down a bit. i mixed in some zone defense even though i was very reluctant to do it because i don't have any really good zone blitzes and i have to blitz your fast QB's. of course then in man if you get by the blitz there is a lot of open space to run.

and for the first time in all these games i've played i got sucked into a block. i had the qb dead to rights and the guard moved out but there was no way he could've blocked me. then i got sucked into his block and dcx completed a 20 yarder. not bad considering this is the first time it has happened to me!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
only ones I know finished a game are
Myself
FMT
DCX
Ph33nix
DM
mik
CB3
Az

That leaves LJ and Luke, who play each other.

I'm done with recruiting, don't know about anyone else.

LukeSmith said:
Also, is there some shit I don't know about in a playbook? Everyone I've played so far has run the same book

all the playbooks are pretty similar, it's just some have certain formations. i use nebraskas playbook now because it has some good standard sets and basically all the shotgun sets i like.

also, for this week everyone either has a bye or is playing the computer EXCEPT usc vs. oregon

nice i got a 3 star WR commit who has A+ speed and C+ catching!

one thing i don't understand is this:

i'm looking at recruits general stats and i come across a 1 star guard. his pass blocking and run blocking are rated at a C+. this is better than a 4 star guard i have on my list. is the difference then just the awareness? i guess this could be the most important on the offensive line.

i also got a 3 star commit at OLB with B+ speed and C+ tackling!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nice i got a 3 star WR commit who has A+ speed and C+ catching!

one thing i don't understand is this:

i'm looking at recruits general stats and i come across a 1 star guard. his pass blocking and run blocking are rated at a C+. this is better than a 4 star guard i have on my list. is the difference then just the awareness? i guess this could be the most important on the offensive line.

i also got a 3 star commit at OLB with B+ speed and C+ tackling!

Guessing it's his footwork/awareness/strength/spd/acc that probably bring him down, but you don't need a lot of that if you move him to say Center. If he has good strength, and his blocking is above average, he shouldn't be terrible.

I nabbed a 5 Star Wideout, didn't even want his ass, nabbed him on an instant commit (think Luke was interested in him). When I looked at his ratings, I looked at his spd and just knew he'd be too slow. Yeah, his catching is high, but he has no elusiveness or anything else. So not only is he slow (84 spd), but he can't juke (his truck is high but I'm not trucking with a WR).

I'm sure he has some hidden potential, and his Speed will increase, but he's a possession receiver at best. My other receiver (may have been a 4), has lower catching numbers (not by much), but he has pretty good Speed. I can use the 4 star, the 5 star seems worthless to me right now.

My 3 star Tight Ends have been doing a bang up job in run blocking, converted one to a FB. Most of their ratings aren't really good, except for blocking, one has high acceleration that gets him into routes quicker so he's viable in the pass game.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Guessing it's his footwork/awareness/strength/spd/acc that probably bring him down, but you don't need a lot of that if you move him to say Center. If he has good strength, and his blocking is above average, he shouldn't be terrible.

I nabbed a 5 Star Wideout, didn't even want his ass, nabbed him on an instant commit (think Luke was interested in him). When I looked at his ratings, I looked at his spd and just knew he'd be too slow. Yeah, his catching is high, but he has no elusiveness or anything else. So not only is he slow (84 spd), but he can't juke (his truck is high but I'm not trucking with a WR).

I'm sure he has some hidden potential, and his Speed will increase, but he's a possession receiver at best. My other receiver (may have been a 4), has lower catching numbers (not by much), but he has pretty good Speed. I can use the 4 star, the 5 star seems worthless to me right now.

My 3 star Tight Ends have been doing a bang up job in run blocking, converted one to a FB. Most of their ratings aren't really good, except for blocking, one has high acceleration that gets him into routes quicker so he's viable in the pass game.

Never know what hidden potential might be on a possesion WR.

I'm enjoying my 6-3 220 WR's that have TE blocking skills. Winston (converted TE) might be slow at 86, but high catching and TE blocking at the wideout, it fits nicely with my ACE TWIN FLEX OF CANESTRATO.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
Never know what hidden potential might be on a possesion WR.

I'm enjoying my 6-3 220 WR's that have TE blocking skills. Winston (converted TE) might be slow at 86, but high catching and TE blocking at the wideout, it fits nicely with my ACE TWIN FLEX OF CANESTRATO.

Yeah, I didn't mean to make him sound that terrible. My point was mainly go with a guy who has certain skills you like, regardless of his ranking.

Would love to find a guy like the Maxwell receiver I found in Madden, 56 overall rating but his Elusiveness/Break Tackle was through the roof. He killed guys on screens and crosses. Didn't use him for anything else so you knew what where on the field he was going, but you still had to tackle him.

Lonestar

LJ11 said:
Yeah, I didn't mean to make him sound that terrible. My point was mainly go with a guy who has certain skills you like, regardless of his ranking.

Would love to find a guy like the Maxwell receiver I found in Madden, 56 overall rating but his Elusiveness/Break Tackle was through the roof. He killed guys on screens and crosses. Didn't use him for anything else so you knew what where on the field he was going, but you still had to tackle him.

I remember Maxwell.

Man, I miss those Madden WR's. They weren't as broken as the RB's, but they were good. <3 Andre Crusoe.

CB3

i dunno what DM's schedule is but i got home around 9 and asked if he could play. no response. Guess it will be tomorrow folks

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
god bless you DM. now the true king (myself) can take his rightful throne atop the pac 10.

ive beaten you like 20 times in a row in everything football. you dont stand a chance

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf i beat you in season 1 when you had your "bowling" night.... and ill do it again!

Then i beat you the next 2 seasons and about 15 times in madden

CB3

shit Steve Coles broke his Collarbone. Out for the season. I only have 1 other QB on the active roster. Hopefully Scroggins stays healthy this game.

Now i gotta burn a redshirt -_-

CB3 said:
shit Steve Coles broke his Collarbone. Out for the season. I only have 1 other QB on the active roster. Hopefully Scroggins stays healthy this game.

Now i gotta burn a redshirt -_-

I would trade you a QB

but you can't do that in college football :(

DMczaf

Lone and I play

I can't do it tonight though, just finished my Madden game and I have to finish some stuff before tomorrow morning.

CB3

DMczaf said:
Lone and I play

I can't do it tonight though, just finished my Madden game and I have to finish some stuff before tomorrow morning.

Fish.jpg

Lonestar

DMczaf said:
Lone and I play

ok.

So there is no time tonight, right?

DMczaf

I scheduled time out so I could have 1 hour to play gold in Madden! Now I gotta get down to business to finish this homework before tomorrow morning. Deal with it, CB!

I get home around 5pm pst, Lone.

Top Bottom