• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about any of my guys leaving early with San Diego State. :lol
I lost a bunch of senior starters though. :(

I just wanted to say goodbye to one of the best RB's I have ever had the honor of coaching. A leader in the weight room, on the practice field, and especially on gameday.

Vai Taua
222 Carries
2,274 Yards
10.24 YPC (NCAA Record)
40 TD's (NCAA Record)

820802.jpg
ncf_g_taua11_300.jpg

610x.jpg

Thanks Vai....you'll be missed.

VaibyDavidB.Parker.jpg

Azwethinkweiz said:
That average is so high because you didn't have to play me.
:lol

All season people were probably thinking, "pfft! he's putting all those gaudy numbers up vs. the CPU" until mighty Taua's bowl performance. Although BPHusker did play really good defense, he just broke a few big runs.

Striker

Man, I'm going to miss some of these Seniors. LOLB Devin Arrington was only a 74 and small, but he did a great job overall for me, mostly blitzing and covering. Lead my team in sacks and tied for forced fumbles.

Both my defensive tackles are leaving, but I did redshirt two for the season and they should help the run defense a little. They won't be able to rush the passer much because their power/finese moves are trash. Guess that's where my sub-formations come into play.

Anyways, I'm OK to go. No non-Seniors leaving for this poor crew.

GCQuinton

T minus 2 minutes till the advance! I haven't heard from anybody stating otherwise so we proceed as planned.

Once we advance to recruiting, the preliminary scheduled deadlines for this weekend's offseason stuff looks like this:

Week 1 will be tonight at midnight EST.
Week 2 will be tomorrow at noon EST
Week 3 at Saturday at 8PM EST
Week 4 at Saturday at midnight EST

We'll wrap up by taking care of Week 5 and the remaining offseason activities from on Sunday from 4 - 5PM EST.

If anybody's got any conflicts, either post here or PM me so we can work it out, otherwise I'll take your silence as a 'yay' and move along as scheduled.

GCQuinton said:
T minus 2 minutes till the advance! I haven't heard from anybody stating otherwise so we proceed as planned.

Once we advance to recruiting, the preliminary scheduled deadlines for this weekend's offseason stuff looks like this:

We'll wrap up by taking care of Week 5 and the remaining offseason activities from on Sunday from 4 - 5PM EST.

If anybody's got any conflicts, either post here or PM me so we can work it out, otherwise I'll take your silence as a 'yay' and move along as scheduled.
Give me ten min I just got home.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Argh--I couldn't talk Mallett out of going pro. And I didn't really focus on any recruits at QB. :\

GCQuinton

Slight schedule change:

Player Transfers will be tonight at midnight EST.
Week 1 will be tomorrow at noon EST
Week 2 at Saturday at 8PM EST
Week 3 at Saturday at midnight EST

We'll wrap up by taking care of Weeks 4, 5 and the remaining offseason activities from on Sunday from 4 - 5PM EST.

And MWS, for future reference, telling me AT the deadline that you need ten more minutes when you've been posting all day in the thread will nine times outta ten result in me advancing anyway. If you had a conflict (work/life/whatever), I'd think you would have brought it up earlier.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My team is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. My best players besides two, were all seniors. I'm basically fucked.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:

I would miss whatever week would occur between 8PM-midnight on Saturday as I'll be out Saturday night. I don't think it would affect me too badly depending on how the first couple of weeks go. It would bump every thing up a week and I would feel much better about having to miss week 4 than week 3, as it seems most offseason recruiting tends to get wrapped up earlier rather than later.

Perhaps we could just skip the Accepting Transfer stage that we're on now and have the first recruiting deadline at midnight tonight? It's been my experience that players rarely transfer in and if they do, I believe the CPU automatically accepts them for you (the only player wanting to transfer in for me was automatically checked off to be accepted when I just did it now). There's no penalty even if the CPU accepts someone you wouldn't have wanted, you can always cut them when the appropriate time comes.

Nightz

GCQuinton said:
Slight schedule change:

Player Transfers will be tonight at midnight EST.
Week 1 will be tomorrow at noon EST
Week 2 at Saturday at 8PM EST
Week 3 at Saturday at midnight EST

We'll wrap up by taking care of Weeks 4, 5 and the remaining offseason activities from on Sunday from 4 - 5PM EST.

And MWS, for future reference, telling me AT the deadline that you need ten more minutes when you've been posting all day in the thread will nine times outta ten result in me advancing anyway. If you had a conflict (work/life/whatever), I'd think you would have brought it up earlier.
I'll have a problem getting week 2 done. I'll be out of the house tomorrow from like 6 am to 7 pm PST (9am-10pm EST). Sunday, I'll be out of the house from 9 am to around 4 pm PST (noon to 7 EST).

Edit: YES I got two transfers to replace my departed senior HB and C!

Edit 2: I'm a 2 star school now! :lol

GCQuinton

Okay, I'll go ahead and advance to Week 1.

How does this schedule work for people?

Week 3 will be Saturday at midnight EST
Week 4 will be Sunday at noon EST

Week 5 and the remainder of the offseason activities on Sunday at 8PM EST

Floor's open.

BigAT

Shit, I forgot I have an advanced pottery class from tonight until Tuesday. It's very extensive.

Schedule works for me!

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
Shit, I forgot I have an advanced pottery class from tonight until Tuesday. It's very extensive.

Schedule works for me!

Good luck with that class, and remember any attempt at recreating the pottery scene from Ghost will result in an automatic fail!

Community FTW

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
So all the new recruits are dumped in with the old ones?!
oh snap!

If you had any transfers, you be able to cut them at a later stage in the offseason. It wouldn't affect you for this season anyway since all transfers have to sit out a season.

GCQuinton said:
Alright, we've advanced to week 1. Deadline is midnight tonight EST!

I won't be able to do mine tonight. Storm system moving through and I'm going to bed since I'm running off 5 hours sleep.

GCQuinton said:
If you had any transfers, you be able to cut them at a later stage in the offseason. It wouldn't affect you for this season anyway since all transfers have to sit out a season.

Gotcha. My teams overall star went up but the rest of my other team ratings pretty much stayed the same :/

Matrix said:
My team is going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. My best players besides two, were all seniors. I'm basically fucked.
Yeah... me too. I forgot to log in before GC advanced past "Players Leaving" and I looked at my team Week 1 of recruiting and I saw that my QB's were D+. I lost my Senior QB and my RS SO QB too :( :lol I am currently in scramble mode for a QB, offering whoever I can.

Big Papa Husker said:
Yeah... me too. I forgot to log in before GC advanced past "Players Leaving" and I looked at my team Week 1 of recruiting and I saw that my QB's were D+. I lost my Senior QB and my RS SO QB too :( :lol I am currently in scramble mode for a QB, offering whoever I can.

Let's play this season!:lol

Big Papa Husker said:

Wow the backup QB left too?? I wonder if his Rose Bowl appearance had something to do with it lol. On another recruiting note it's pretty dismaying to come off of an undefeated season, finishing #2 in the nation yet still treated by recruits like bottom of the basement program....crazy.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Wow the backup QB left too?? I wonder if his Rose Bowl appearance had something to do with it lol. On another recruiting note it's pretty dismaying to come off of an undefeated season, finishing #2 in the nation yet still treated by recruits like bottom of the basement program....crazy.

Recruits: "Nevada's just a flash in the pan, yo!"

Translation: Keep winning, that flash becomes a fire, and soon that fire will become a heat wave, and that heat wave will become I lost myself in that somewhere but keep winning!

GCQuinton said:
Recruits: "Nevada's just a flash in the pan, yo!"

Translation: Keep winning, that flash becomes a fire, and soon that fire will become a heat wave, and that heat wave will become I lost myself in that somewhere but keep winning!

Thanks for the uh...pep talk coach lol. I finally moved into my new place and got everything set up so I shouldn't have anymore internet issues.

GCQuinton

Advanced! Week 5 deadline is tonight at 8 EST!

And remember, tonight at 8 EST we'll also be wrapping up the rest of the offseason activities (Players Changes, Cut Players, etc.), so be online when we do! It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to an hour at the most to knock that out.

Once that's done, we'll advance to the preseason and I'll spend tomorrow morning taking care of the schedules. While I'm doing that, you guys will have the day to take care of your preseason activities (setting up recruiting boards, redshirting, etc.) and the deadline to take care of that will be tomorrow at midnight EST.

Then we're off to season two!

Big Papa Husker said:
I got a QB! :D

GCQuinton said:
Advanced! Week 5 deadline is tonight at 8 EST!

And remember, tonight at 8 EST we'll also be wrapping up the rest of the offseason activities (Players Changes, Cut Players, etc.), so be online when we do! It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to an hour at the most to knock that out.

Once that's done, we'll advance to the preseason and I'll spend tomorrow morning taking care of the schedules. While I'm doing that, you guys will have the day to take care of your preseason activities (setting up recruiting boards, redshirting, etc.) and the deadline to take care of that will be tomorrow at midnight EST.

Then we're off to season two!

Are the player changes, cut players, etc. all done in one period because during the season, at least, you have to wait 20 minutes between advances in the online dynasties.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
Are the player changes, cut players, etc. all done in one period because during the season, at least, you have to wait 20 minutes between advances in the online dynasties.

Either way, even with the 20 minute limit (which I guess can act as a pseudo-deadline for each step) it shouldn't take more than an hour to take care of everything.

storybook77 said:

player changes and cut players are separate.

BigAT

storybook77 said:
I believe they patched out the 20 minute wait time sometime after the game was released because people were complaining about it.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
I believe they patched out the 20 minute wait time sometime after the game was released because people were complaining about it.
Nah, it's still there. Saw it when I was advancing the bowl games a few days ago.

Hmm....I don't think there are coaching offers in Online Dynasty.....looking around on the net I can't find a concrete answer though.

Top Bottom