• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Please tell me we're not waiting 20 minutes for player progression.
It seems like that only applies during the season. I haven't had that prompt yet, but I did right after bowl week.

BigAT

I've never understood why they have position switches before progression takes effect, very annoying.

Done with cuts.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
So are we done until you've done the schedules?

This is the last step of the offseason, so yeah we'll be in the preseason after this. I'll be doing the schedules tomorrow morning, but you guys still have the usual preseason stuff to do (recruiting boards, redshirts, etc.). The deadline for that will be tomorrow night at midnight EST.

Big Papa Husker said:
When do the job offers go out? Is it before the off-season?

If they're in and you got one, yeah. You would have had it right after bowl season. If they're still not in it this year, which I guess we'll find out after year 3 or so, then we'll move back to the old manual point system we did last year.

GCQuinton said:
This is the last step of the offseason, so yeah we'll be in the preseason after this. I'll be doing the schedules tomorrow morning, but you guys still have the usual preseason stuff to do (recruiting boards, redshirts, etc.). The deadline for that will be tomorrow night at midnight EST.

Just have give everyone until tomorrow morning. That way you can just advance after you finish the schedules.

GCQuinton

We're in the preseason! And it only took 50 minutes so it wasn't even an hour! Take care of your stuff!

Azwethinkweiz said:
Just have give everyone until tomorrow morning. That way you can just advance after you finish the schedules.

Everybody's who's online now should just go ahead and take care of that stuff now to get it out of the way. Aside from redshirting players, you can do everything else in Week 1.

GCQuinton

BigAT said:
I've never understood why they have position switches before progression takes effect, very annoying.

Done with cuts.

Most likely so the player can "train" with his new group a little bit and have a chance at getting better progression attributes at their new posiiton. I actually like that the way it is.

BigAT

GCQuinton said:
Most likely so the player can "train" with his new group a little bit and have a chance at getting better progression attributes at their new posiiton. I actually like that the way it is.
It makes sense logically, but I would prefer having the additional knowledge of progression before having to make the decision on where they'll be playing.

If I happen to have an open CPU OOC game, can you give me a ranked opponent?

Striker

Ugh, wtf, took like 30 mins to do all that. I never got to cut or change positions.

My three star Freshman are 59 and 60 ovr. -_-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ugh

edit- Well my net cable access for my 360 and computer in my bedroom has been down all day, my team is now officially screwed.

it's still not working

Striker

Well, my offense shouldn't be too bad. OL isn't as poor as I'd thought, but still got Seniors who will leave, and then I'll be screwed.

Defensively I gotta start a couple players with poor pursuit/awareness/etc., so that'll be hilarious to see. Older games seemed to rate guys higher, didn't remember too much of getting 3-star caliber guys and rated 60, 61, and so on. In my new recruiting board, there's just 3-stars and below. :lol :\

I was really worried coming into this season graduation so many of my top players on offense. But my backup oline guys and backup RB progressed nicely; I think my oline is actually better this season than last ratings wise. The only major drop off is at the QB position. On the downside I don't think my defense progressed as well as it should have, EA should really give more of a bump for being 1st team all conf or being ranked in the top 10 as a unit. Can't complain though, I'm really happy how this recruiting class is shaping up so far.

Striker said:
Well, my offense shouldn't be too bad. OL isn't as poor as I'd thought, but still got Seniors who will leave, and then I'll be screwed.

Defensively I gotta start a couple players with poor pursuit/awareness/etc., so that'll be hilarious to see. Older games seemed to rate guys higher, didn't remember too much of getting 3-star caliber guys and rated 60, 61, and so on. In my new recruiting board, there's just 3-stars and below. :lol :\
My 3-star freshmen are pretty much terrible too. I got lucky on one that was 68! ;)

Nightz

Eh, my highest rated 3 star freshman is a 63. At least my goals for the year seem easier. One of them is to beat UNLV, which shouldn't be that difficult despite most of my good players leaving.

GCQuinton

2mesmkz.jpg

Season Two: Viewer's Choice

Nevada stepped up big time last season, going undefeated and climbing as high as No. 2 in the nation. While they didn't get a National Championship opportunity, the attention that came with the perfect season no doubt brought the program some acclaim.

League member KanZolo, however, didn't give a shit.

He, and many others will get their wishes fulfilled as the official human game schedules for season two are officially announced, featuring a number of games that will no doubt attract some attention from members and followers alike. One other major game of note is Texas Tech-Nevada, a meeting of the two teams that finished as the nation's best last year.

Commishioner GCQ reminded members, as he always does, that the schedule isn't perfect, but it's more than capable.

"Yeah, some people have open weeks all over the place and some may have more home than away games and vice versa, but those are the breaks when trying to arranges games like this with parameters. I tried, dammit!"

"One other item to note is that this is the first season in any of the online dynasties I've ran where there was a 100% retention rate between the first two seasons. Good work, guys! Let's keep it up!"

South Carolina
UCF
NC State
Marshall
Arkansas

Texas Tech
Nevada
Arkansas
UCF
Rutgers

UCF
South Carolina
Minnesota
Texas Tech
Marshall

Arkansas
Marshall
Texas Tech
Minnesota
South Carolina

Houston
Nevada
NC State
Marshall
Rutgers

Marshall
Arkansas
UCF
South Carolina
Houston

Michigan State
Rutgers
Nevada
Minnesota
San Diego State

Nevada
Texas Tech
Houston
Michigan State
NC State

Minnesota
San Diego State
UCF
Arkansas
Michigan State

NC State
South Carolina
Houston
San Diego State
Nevada

Rutgers
Michigan State
San Diego State
Texas Tech
Houston

San Diego State
Minnesota
Rutgers
NC State
Michigan State

Week One Preview coming up!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Well done on the schedule from my perspective. I get to play three guys I didn't get a look at last season. That's great. Thanks for all the hard work!

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week One Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. UCF (bobbydigital)
#11 Arkansas (mik) vs. Marshall (Striker)
Houston (Matrix) vs. #5 Washington (CPU)
Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #8 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
#18 Minnesota (BPH) vs. San Diego State (Nightz)
#17 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #3 Oklahoma (CPU)
#22 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #4 Texas (CPU)

IDLE: NC State (storybook77)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week One Headlines

Texas Tech Faces Nevada In Matchup Of Last Season's Top Teams
Alexander Torres (Tex. Tech), Chris Gragg (Ark), and Joe Martinek (Rutgers) All Heisman Faves
League Members Well Represented On Preseason All-American Team
UCF Knights Projected To Win Conference USA Title

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #8 Coaches
Arkansas - #11 Coaches
Rutgers - #17 Coaches
Minnesota - #18 Coaches
Michigan State - #22 Coaches

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Nevada vs. Texas Tech

WEEK ONE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!

BigAT

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_us...605578&dynid=15972&sku=662A0001&sid=1&wknum=0

The Rutgers Riteup

The Scarlet Knights finished up last season a very impressive 12-1, but the team often found themselves dissatisfied with their perception amongst the college football world. Rutgers took quite a while to crack the top 25 and when they finally managed to make their way in, their progress up the polls was often slow at best. The team finally made their way in to the top 10, but only in the final poll of the season. Even then they found themselves still ranked lower than several multiple loss teams as well as ranked behind a Boise State team that they had just throttled 45-14 in the Fiesta Bowl.

This year's squad is looking to establish themselves early to remove all doubt from the pollsters. The Scarlet Knights' schedule certainly provides the opportunity to do this, but it will be anything but easy. In the first four weeks of the season, Rutgers will face off against three ranked opponents. They will battle #3 Oklahoma, #22 Michigan and the defending National Champions, #8 Texas Tech, all on the road.

The Scarlet Knights hope to rely on their veteran leadership to keep things under control during this insane road trip. Rutgers was a very young team last year and it shows in that the Knights return all 11 starters on offense from the 2010 team. Included in that bunch is star quarterback Tom Savage as well as the dynamic receiving duo of Mohammed Sanu and Mark Harrison. HB Joe Martinek was convinced to forgo entering the NFL draft and will return for his senior season. Martinek is already catching the eye of the national media, finding himself a spot on the Heisman Watchlist as well as earning 1st Team All-American honors. Rutgers' defense will have to prove itself though, as they seek to replace 6 starters. Coach BigAT expressed that he was confident that there was plenty of young talent on his team that was ready to step in and make their marks as starters.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
bwhaha I might only win a few games this season, my schedule is f-ing hard.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Striker, I'm around after 8:30 eastern or so every night between now and Wednesday. Let me know if that works for you.

Great job on the schedule I have enough ranked teams to make it to the #1 spot if I win out. Az I am off today so I am free whenever, just let me know. I return my entire defense except for my one star Dlineman but offense has much to prove this season.

Striker

mik said:
Striker, I'm around after 8:30 eastern or so every night between now and Wednesday. Let me know if that works for you.
We can either try late tonight, tomorrow after 10 PM EST, or Wednesday when I am off the whole day. I'll try to prepare for the Gragg onslaught. :lol :(

My OLB's are gonna be balls.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Cool. Those all sound fine to me. As far as "late" goes, I could start a game tonight as late as about 1 a.m. Eastern and be ok.

Matrix

fucking A I have two of the worst QB's ever. They both can't hit a wide open man to save their lives.

I should have beat #5 Washington, but having no QB and the typical timely fumble in the red zone gave the cpu a 17-10 win.

Ughhh going to be a long season.

MWS Natural said:
Great job on the schedule I have enough ranked teams to make it to the #1 spot if I win out. Az I am off today so I am free whenever, just let me know. I return my entire defense except for my one star Dlineman but offense has much to prove this season.

Supposed to be spending the night at my girl's place tonight, but I'll probably be at the house a bit before I go. I'll see if I have some time to get the game in tonight. If not, I should be around all night tomorrow.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Supposed to be spending the night at my girl's place tonight, but I'll probably be at the house a bit before I go. I'll see if I have some time to get the game in tonight. If not, I should be around all night tomorrow.

I'd prefer tonight because I'm not sure what's going on tomorrow.

Top Bottom