• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Look over my roster, I would have beat #5 Washington if I actually had some of my seniors still. I can't win with the shit I have... fact. Both the QB's I have can't hit a wide open man and it's not like my team was ever a great defensive team. Coogs are all O and always have been and Ive had a major drop off in that area.

I'm a realist, it will have to be a major upset for me to win.

mik

mik is unbeatable
KanZolo said:
Everyone needs to stop being bitches.
LOL. Seems like we have the two extremes--everyone's glass is either half-empty or half-full.

My glass is just twice as big as it needs to be.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't have any confidence in what I have to work with "now", not sure how I'm acting like a bitch. If I had my team from last season going up against MWS The Natural I would have all the confidence in the world I could beat his squad.

I'll just let the game speak for itself though, you will see the final results and can judge for yourself :lol

mik

mik is unbeatable
I don't think you're being a bitch, btw. I just thought Kanzolo's statement was funny--in case that wasn't clear.

KanZolo said:
Everyone needs to stop being bitches.

I am so happy that we play this season :D

Matrix said:
Look over my roster, I would have beat #5 Washington if I actually had some of my seniors still. I can't win with the shit I have... fact. Both the QB's I have can't hit a wide open man and it's not like my team was ever a great defensive team. Coogs are all O and always have been and Ive had a major drop off in that area.

I'm a realist, it will have to be a major upset for me to win.

Dude I just looked at your roster. Go look at mine, I wish I had that much talent lol.

HOU QB - THP 83 THA 82
NEV QB - THP 85 THA 84

You have 9 players 85ovr or above, I have......3. There is no reason to say it would be an upset to beat me because of the talent you have when your have more talent than I do. Not to mention having the major recruiting bonus of having a 4 star team vs a 2 star team(last season).

I really wanted to open up the passing game this year but vs good teams with a lot of talent like Texas Tech it's hard. Their LB/DB's are going to blanket your WR's and TE's and without a top QB you can't really lead the ball consistently. You can win with what you have but it's all about your scheme. I want to pass much more this year but I see with my current QB I am unable to. Moral of the story is to fit your scheme to the players and not force players into a scheme.

Matrix

Ok let me correct myself, I won't win cause I know you are the better player :p I need any advantage I can get.

btw Coogs, were a 3 star team when I picked them.

Nightz

I wish I could talk crap like you guys, but out of the 12 teams in the dynasty, I think I have the weakest one. I honestly doubt I'll win any games against humans. /eeyore
I will own the CPU though.

Striker

MWS Natural said:
You have 9 players 85ovr or above, I have......3. There is no reason to say it would be an upset to beat me because of the talent you have when your have more talent than I do. Not to mention having the major recruiting bonus of having a 4 star team vs a 2 star team(last season).
I have 2! In fact, I have just 10 players who are 80+, and two of those are my K/P. I missed a 41-yarder yet again last night. The damn Louisville kicker goes on to make a 57-yarder with space to spare. >_<

Matrix

Nightz said:
I wish I could talk crap like you guys, but out of the 12 teams in the dynasty, I think I have the weakest one. I honestly doubt I'll win any games against humans. /eeyore
I will own the CPU though.

I only beat you with a miracle comeback last season :lol And my team was a ton better than yours. I stink :lol

mik

mik is unbeatable
I would not be surprised to discover that I have the most players in the 80s and 90s.Which will make any losses especially bitter... and sweet for my opponent.

I think we are all (last few posters) pretty much the bottom of the barrel in the league talent wise :lol

Edit: Minus Mik's overpowered squad :D

Edit2: WTF! how do you have 3 WR all 90+??? Jesus lol

MWS Natural said:
I think we are all (last few posters) pretty much the bottom of the barrel in the league talent wise :lol

Edit: Minus Mik's overpowered squad :D

Edit2: WTF! how do you have 3 WR all 90+??? Jesus lol

My offense is above average overall but my defense flat out sucks this year.

Matrix

MWS The Natural, I can play at 8 if you are still free then... which is about 10 mins from now.

KanZolo

Matrix said:
not sure how I'm acting like a bitch.
Everyone is so emo about their team and it's getting annoying. Even if you think you are gonna lose, don't tell everyone.
MWS Natural said:
I am so happy that we play this season :D
You won't be saying that after we play! OH SNAP!

Matrix

:lol

K coming on

Matrix

dude you just user caught on me, wtf

fuck this season, fuck my shitty qb's, fuck my teams run d

Matrix

KanZolo said:
Everyone is so emo about their team and it's getting annoying. Even if you think you are gonna lose, don't tell everyone.

I'll scream to the world if I want, fuck I'll do an emo peter parker dance if I want.

Matrix

MWS Natural said:

You had one user catch against me, popped up in big blue words. It was on your last drive before half where you caught the ball in the air on a 3rd down pass play and my CB hit you at the same time.

Whatever in the long run it doesn't matter, not that I was going to even come close to winning. Though it's now the 2nd game where someone by mistake or not has done it in a game ive been involved in.

GCQuinton

The situation's been addressed and I've contacted MWS and Matrix in private about it. I really don't feel like reading three pages of posts about one user catch that had no real effect on the outcome of the game, so consider the matter dealt with.

GCQuinton

Yes, it's in the rules. At the very top of the OP (for the millionth time since some folks here can't seem to grasp this, READ THE OP!)

Basic Rules:

1. Play legit. If I have to explain this at length, think twice about signing up.

This is a catch all (no pun intended) rule and includes, yes, no user catching. A basic rule in just about every sim league on earth that I shouldn't even be wasting my time talking about. If you get caught doing it and it's reported to me, you get a warning. Do it again, I throw your game out and put you on Autopilot for the week.

Like I said before, it had no effect on the game anyway so it ultimately didn't matter, but you still did it and you got your warning. Rules is rules.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I don't want to dredge up anything here, but I've been in sim leagues in dozens of sites since NFL 2K1 and I've literally never heard of that as a rule. If anything, the opposite is typically the case. People want the player to make the plays, rather than letting the computer do the work for them.

I play as the FS on defense, am I also not allowed to go for interceptions on defense? That seems incredibly bizarre to me.

GCQuinton said:
Yes, it's in the rules. At the very top of the OP (for the millionth time since some folks here can't seem to grasp this, READ THE OP!)

This is a catch all (no pun intended) rule and includes, yes, insert whatever you feel here. A basic rule in just about every sim league on earth that I shouldn't even be wasting my time talking about. If you get caught doing it and it's reported to me, you get a warning. Do it again, I throw your game out and put you on Autopilot for the week.

Like I said before, it had no effect on the game anyway so it ultimately didn't matter, but you still did it and you got your warning. Rules is rules.

I read the rules several times but #1 is so vague in my interpretation of "play legit", user catching isn't against the rules. From Mik's post I'm obviously not the only person who didn't interpret user catching as illegal.

Running hurry up goaline in the middle of the field isn't "playing legit"
Audibling down so a WR lines up at TE isn't "playing legit"

When we played you did both of these, so if I complained in the thread would you have given yourself a warning?

Regardless now that I know you will never see a user catch from me, thanks for straightening me out.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Right, but user picks are on defense. So why would the defender be allowed to make a play for the ball but not the receiver? That's pretty unfair.

mik said:
No, but user picks are. So why would the defender be allowed to make a play for the ball but not the receiver? That's pretty unfair.

I feel you Mik but user catching can/has been abused so I can see why people want to limit it. I would totally understand if I was chucking the ball up and user catching as my offense, that should deserve a warning. It was one bad throw where I had to switch to my WR so it wouldn't get intercepted. As many tip balls and bad throws there are in this game its hard to make "no user catching" a concrete rule. If the ball gets tipped and popped up am I just to just watch it get intercepted? lol

mik said:
Right, but user picks are on defense. So why would the defender be allowed to make a play for the ball but not the receiver? That's pretty unfair.

The offense is already at quite a pretty big advantage. That's why it's different.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
I read the rules several times but #1 is so vague in my interpretation of "play legit", user catching isn't against the rules. From Mik's post I'm obviously not the only person who didn't interpret user catching as illegal.

Running hurry up goaline in the middle of the field isn't "playing legit"
Audibling down so a WR lines up at TE isn't "playing legit"

When we played you did both of these, so if I complained in the thread would you have given yourself a warning?

Regardless now that I know you will never see a user catch from me, thanks for straightening me out.

When we played, we didn't even get a full game in both times we tried and you wound up playing the CPU anyway. Even before that you were up big which is probably why I was audibling and I rarely run goal line plays on the goal line so I have no idea what you're talking about there.

We generally follow the same principle rule set as Madden GAF. No user catching is a rule there, so as someone whose been a part of those, you should be aware of that by now. I'm done speaking on this. Carry on!

judge_roy_snyder.jpg

"The clown is down."

Nightz

mik said:
Not saying that you would do it, but on offense you control which routes are being run, you control the QB, you decide when and where to throw, so it can be exploited...especially if you know that the CPU doesn't defend a specific route very well.

Matrix

MWS Natural said:
I feel you Mik but user catching can/has been abused so I can see why people want to limit it. I would totally understand if I was chucking the ball up and user catching as my offense, that should deserve a warning. It was one bad throw where I had to switch to my WR so it wouldn't get intercepted. As many tip balls and bad throws there are in this game its hard to make "no user catching" a concrete rule. If the ball gets tipped and popped up am I just to just watch it get intercepted? lol

I can understand the tip ball user catch thing or trying to break up a floaty pass by swatting at it, but this was a thrown pass that was just high and your WR went up and user caught it. Like I said it doesn't matter cause the outcome was decided, Its just annoying cause I still might have picked that pass off.

You didn't user catch at all besides that one fluke play, so I have no hard feelings. Its just its a rule now that ive had broken on me twice in two seasons... that's all.

GCQuinton said:
About issuing a warning against myself? If you felt strongly enough about it to report it to me, then yeah.

No, I would never complain about something unless I thought someone was intentionally playing unrealistically. You did those things but I doubt you really meant to aubie so a WR went to TE.

Natural said:
As many tip balls and bad throws there are in this game its hard to make "no user catching" a concrete rule. If the ball gets tipped and popped up am I just to just watch it get intercepted?

That question.

Matrix said:
You didn't user catch at all besides that one fluke play, so I have no hard feelings. Its just its a rule now that ive had broken on me twice in two seasons... that's all.

Fair enough. At first I was mad that you came and posted that after I dove my RB's on the ground so I wouldn't cross the goaline and took multiple QB kneels in our game. But then I saw the time and figured you must have posted it when it happened so we are cool, not a big deal. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Jesus....if the ball got tipped in real life then there's a good chance the receiver wouldn't be able to get to it because his momentum would have him carrying the route out instead of just changing direction to get to the ball. Tipped balls are rarely caught by the offensive player if anyone catches it at all.

I really wish they'd come up with a way to make a view good enough to have some peripheral vision but limit what the player sees when you're controlling them. Being able to user control anyone in a football game is technically "cheating" in a way. You are able to see more of what's happening on the field than any normal player would. So in the end, it's still a videogame but rules like GCQ's are set to make it as close to real life as it can be.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
As many tip balls and bad throws there are in this game its hard to make "no user catching" a concrete rule. If the ball gets tipped and popped up am I just to just watch it get intercepted?

If it's a tip ball then it's fair game, but most of the time by then the receiver's already out of the play.

EDIT: And story pretty much just said what I said.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Hmm, well that's all very... interesting. I'm certain I've broken that rule in every game I've played, even though I'm also 100% certain nothing I've done could be remotely considered an exploit. I'll do my best to quell the urge to control my players, but ten years of muscle memory may be difficult to staunch.

The leagues I've played in over the years have really only had to have one rule regarding fair play: don't play like an asshole. I believe that's the spirit of the rule, and it's one I'd never break--I love me some sim football way too much. The letter of the rule, however, is almost unfathomably stupid.

mik said:
I'm certain I've broken that rule in every game I've played. I'll do my best to quell the urge to control my players, but ten years of muscle memory may be difficult to staunch.

33fcf8l.gif

Off Topic, man the CPU news writers can be brutal sometimes geez :lol

BigAT

GG Kan.

The final score does not reflect the tone of the game. Things did start out pretty terribly for Michigan St. Mason Robinson took back the opening kickoff 96 yards to give Rutgers an early 7-0 lead, which was followed shortly thereafter by Abdul Smith picking up a fumble from a failed option pitch in the rain and returning it for a touchdown to put MSU in an early 14-0 hole.

The Spartans quickly came back though, tying the game at 14-14 and eventually getting it to 21-17 RU. The game was burst open when Logan Ryan had a huge interception return for a touchdown for Rutgers.

Both teams seemed to move the ball at will when they wanted to, although both teams had costly turnovers in the red zone. The two teams combined for 727 yards of offense, but also 6 turnovers.

Top Bottom