• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Azwethinkweiz said:
SoS?

Also, how the hell was that Torres catch not highlight of the week?

You decide!

:lol @ the other WR's open all over the field.

BigAT said:
How is Tech at #3 with two losses? How is Tech at #3 with two losses, ahead of an undefeated team that has beaten TT?

No clue but can only hope the BCS gives us the big time matchup that people want to see!

GCQuinton

They were both good catches (almost similar), but as Nightz just mentioned it was way more important as it factored into his win.

Now hush and let someone else eat! Torres has about a million highlights of the week already :lol

Wow, what a game I had with OSU. I had the lead 21-20 and had to punt back to them with 2 minutes left in the game. The first play they tried throwing it deep, but I knocked it away. On 2nd and 3rd down I did some blitzes and sacked them both times. So its 4th and 24 with 1 minute left and they throw a deep pass that I just knew would be completed, because my DB was out of position. Luckily the WR came down out of bounds and it was a turnover. If he had completed it, OSU would have had another minute to get into FG range. :lol Too close for comfort!

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS FRIDAY!

Yeah I know, it would just be nice to actually advance early for a change. People have different schedules and lining them up can be difficult at times but on an all CPU week the game and recruiting can be pretty much finished in an hour.

BigAT

Big Papa Husker said:
Wow, what a game I had with OSU. I had the lead 21-20 and had to punt back to them with 2 minutes left in the game. The first play they tried throwing it deep, but I knocked it away. On 2nd and 3rd down I did some blitzes and sacked them both times. So its 4th and 24 with 1 minute left and they throw a deep pass that I just knew would be completed, because my DB was out of position. Luckily the WR came down out of bounds and it was a turnover. If he had completed it, OSU would have had another minute to get into FG range. :lol Too close for comfort!
Thanks for taking my kicker jerk. I don't know how you stole him, I thought I had him in the bag.

MWS Natural said:
Yeah I know, it would just be nice to actually advance early for a change. People have different schedules and lining them up can be difficult at times but on an all CPU week the game and recruiting can be pretty much finished in an hour.

Provided you have the time to finish them. Case in point, I played NHL 11 yesterday and twice had to cut the game short....once due to dinner, second time was due to a power surge. Some of us arrange what we can do and can't do around the deadlines. He shortened the deadlines from what they were last year for all CPU weeks and yet people still bitch. :\

BigAT said:
Thanks for taking my kicker jerk. I don't know how you stole him, I thought I had him in the bag.
:lol

On a related note: I'm sick of you San Diego State!!!!

storybook77 said:
Provided you have the time to finish them. Case in point, I played NHL 11 yesterday and twice had to cut the game short....once due to dinner, second time was due to a power surge. Some of us arrange what we can do and can't do around the deadlines. He shortened the deadlines from what they were last year for all CPU weeks and yet people still bitch. :\

Not a big deal man I'm just bitching because I want to finish this season quick so we can get the improved prospects from this latest tuner update :lol

Nightz said:
Yeah we seem to target a bunch of the same players. I'm sick of you too! :lol

Yeah well wait until next season, you will think twice before targeting one of my recruits! California shall be mine!

You too Rutgers I see you trying to setup shop here!

Striker

Big Papa Husker said:
I was surprised too! I thought I was going to lose him to you, so I offered 2 other kickers.
You were in third last week, and I put up a lot of minutes and did a Promise, hoping BigAT wasn't going to land him outright, then all of a sudden he became hard-committed to MIN. :(

I lost my 2-star K to Northern Illinois I think, so there goes my K's for next season, and can't wait to play with a 60-rated QB next season. Going to be glorious. :lol

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Nine Games

#22 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Tennessee (CPU)
#25 Marshall (Striker) vs. Houston
NC State (storybook77) vs. Virginia (CPU)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Colorado (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. New Mexico (CPU)
#9 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #21 Michigan State (KanZolo)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. ECU (CPU)

IDLE: #1 Arkansas (mik), #7 Rutgers (BigAT), #4 Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Nine Headlines

Arkansas Tops The Year's First BCS Poll
Minnesota, South Carolina Barely Squeak Out Wins
Three Top Ten Teams Take The Week Off
Texas Tech's Torres Takes Heisman Lead Away From Arkansas's Wilson

Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Nevada - #4 Coaches, #2 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Minnesota - #9 Coaches, #5 Media, #7 BCS
Michigan State - #21 Coaches, #22 Media, #21 BCS
South Carolina - #22 Coaches, #24 Media, #22 BCS
Marshall - #25 Coaches, #25 Media, #25 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Brynn Harvey, HB, UCF
52-10 W Against Tulsa
20 carries for 234 yards, 3 TD

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 68 yard kick by T. Campbell (Ole Miss). J. Adams (Arkansas) return 99 yards.

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Minnesota vs. Michigan State

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

Striker

100-yard rush by Beall, Houston's HB. >_<

They were breaking tackles left and right. Thankfully my run game stepped up when need be, even my FB in heavy line calls.

GCQuinton

#22 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Tennessee (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. ECU (CPU)

Deadline's tonight and I'm not moving it!

*looks at list*

Oh, shi.......

GCQuinton

Updated.

Regardless of how our next game turns out, it's looking like I'm gonna be seeing mik again before bowl season starts in the SEC Championship.

NCAA LIVE UPDATE:

MINN up 24-17 with 4mins left.

MINN has dropped 7+ INT's in the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Husker declares game "in the bag"

31-17 1:58 left

update via aol IM.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Ten Games

#18 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #1 Arkansas (mik)
#21 Marshall (Striker) vs. Southern Miss (CPU)
#7 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. South Florida (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. #17 Florida State (CPU)
#2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Idaho (CPU)
#4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Baylor (CPU)
#9 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Michigan (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Illinois (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. Georgia (CPU)

IDLE: #24 San Diego State (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Ten Headlines

Arkansas and Nevada Sit At The Top Of The BCS Rankings...
...But Can South Carolina Knock The Razorbacks Off This Week?
Minnesota Edges Michigan State 31-24
San Diego State's Win Against TCU Lands The Aztecs In The Top 25

Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Minnesota - #9 Coaches, #6 Media, #7 BCS
South Carolina - #18 Coaches, #20 Media, #18 BCS
Marshall - #21 Coaches, #21 Media, #19 BCS
San Diego State - #24 Coaches, #24 Media, #22 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Lamonte Edwards, HB, Minnesota
31-24 W Against Michigan State
22 carries for 225 yards, 2 TD
24 reception yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 35 yard rush by L. Edwards (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

South Carolina vs. Arkansas

WEEK TEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

Striker

My draft class is going to be awful, lol.

Next year's team should be crummy. Hope I don't get put up against top tier clubs.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Depends on how fast I can get the family fed. That's 5:30 my time, so I'll try to hurry it, but 8:00 or 8:30 eastern would be more likely for me.

GCQuinton

mik said:
Depends on how fast I can get the family fed. That's 5:30 my time, so I'll try to hurry it, but 8:00 or 8:30 eastern would be more likely for me.
8 EST works too, but there's no rush. Tomorrow works, too if we can't tonight.

EDIT: And something just came up for me, so yeah, tomorrow definitely works better. What's the earliest you can go then?

Big Papa Husker said:
I get a great user win and then the CPU goes all cheapo on me... :(

I think we may need to revisit the sliders AFTER this season is done. The latest patch vastly improved the CPU's offensive capabilities. They've been running wild on me ever since.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I think we may need to revisit the sliders AFTER this season is done. The latest patch vastly improved the CPU's offensive capabilities. They've been running wild on me ever since.

I'd counter (hah!) that, actually. My team's not that much better than they were last season and I've been shutting CPU offenses down much more consistently since the patch. As always, though, we'll look at it after the season's over.

Has anybody tried the default All-American settings against the CPU since the latest tuners and patches went up?

GCQuinton said:
I'd counter (hah!) that, actually. My team's not that much better than they were last season and I've been shutting CPU offenses down much more consistently since the patch. As always, though, we'll look at it after the season's over.

Has anybody tried the default All-American settings against the CPU since the latest tuners and patches went up?

I haven't played any in my offline franchise since the patch. To be fair, South Carolina has always had a pretty decent defense, it's always been the offense that was the let down until this year.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I dunno. I'm still shutting down opposing offenses and TT fields JV high schoolers on their defense.

My main complaint is really the robo qb being back and even the worst qbs in the ACC seem to have pinpoint accuracy. :lol

The CPU runs a helluva lot better than it did pre-patch which is fine. I've only played 2 games with the patch so it could be isolated incidents which is why I said we might want to revisit the sliders AFTER this season.

BigAT

I've been handling the computer easily since the patch, but I've only played pretty crappy teams since then so who knows.

Top Bottom