• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

storybook77 said:
It's probably going to be tomorrow night before I have a chance to play. Going out with friends tonight for my birthday (Monday) and then to the Falcons game tomorrow morning.
Alright I think I'll be around tomorrow evening.

Big Papa Husker said:
MWS, the real Nevada Wolfpack dominated Cal yesterday! :D

EDIT: Is it looking like we will advance before midnight? Who else has a game left to play?

Just got home from the Falcons game so I'm going to spend some time with the fam. Nightz, let's shoot for 10 or 11 est tonight.

storybook77 said:
Just got home from the Falcons game so I'm going to spend some time with the fam. Nightz, let's shoot for 10 or 11 est tonight.

Will you still be available after so we can just get our game in then?

MWS Natural said:
Will you still be available after so we can just get our game in then?

Possibly. We'll see, otherwise I'm only working half a day tomorrow so I'll be available the majority of the day tomorrow.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fourteen Games

#11 Marshall (Striker) vs. #5 Boise State (CPU)
#4 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Houston (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. #2 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#14 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #24 San Diego State (Nightz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Fourteen Headlines

NC State Defeats San Diego State In Late Season Human Matchup
UCF's Harvey and Texas Tech's Torres Top The Heisman Polls
That's Not Vai Taua: Nevada's Jefferson Wins Player of the Week
Idle GAF Members Prepare For Upcoming Conference Championships and Bowl Games

Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Marshall - #11 Coaches, #12 Media, #11 BCS
Minnesota - #12 Coaches, #14 Media, #13 BCS
Michigan State - #14 Coaches, #11 Media, #12 BCS
UCF - #23 Coaches, #22 Media, #21 BCS
San Diego State - #24 Coaches, #25 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Steffon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
59-14 W Against Hawaii
20 carriers for 213 yards, 4 TD
3 receptions, 32 yards, TD

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

FUM-TD; recovered by D. Winston (Arkansas)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Michigan State vs. San Diego State

WEEK FOURTEEN DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

BigAT

Azwethinkweiz said:
Also, my recruiting class is insane this year. I love being a Texas school.
I think mine has actually somehow been worse than last year. It's kind of depressing considering I have an additional star now. I don't know if I set my sights too high or what, but it seems like I've missed out on the majority of the people I had targeted.

Striker

BigAT said:
I think mine has actually somehow been worse than last year. It's kind of depressing considering I have an additional star now. I don't know if I set my sights too high or what, but it seems like I've missed out on the majority of the people I had targeted.
Feels like I'm in the same boat.

Lot of players, even 3-star recruits, opted to go to other schools. I have no QB interest so my starter next season is likely on my team now (likely going to be in the mid 60's ovr) unless a QB from another school transfers.

storybook77 said:
MWS, we will have to play tomorrow evening. What are your available times?

I thought you said you would be available today? I was online last night after your game and I am available tonight; I am not doing anything besides watching MNF. I am most likely going out tomorrow, if so I wouldn't be home until very very late.

MWS Natural said:
I thought you said you would be available today? I was online last night after your game and I am available tonight; I am not doing anything besides watching MNF. I am most likely going out tomorrow, if so I wouldn't be home until very very late.
I thought I would be available but shit came up and I can't.

storybook77 said:
I thought I would be available but shit came up and I can't.

So there is no time at all you could play tonight?? I don't want to be out tomorrow worrying out getting home before 12 so I can play NCAA..

MWS Natural said:
So there is no time at all you could play tonight?? I don't want to be out tomorrow worrying out getting home before 12 so I can play NCAA..
GCQ could stick me on autopilot and you can play the CPU for all I care. When did we go to 2 day deadlines on Human games anyway?

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
GCQ could stick me on autopilot and you can play the CPU for all I care. When did we go to 2 day deadlines on Human games anyway?

I played this week by ear based on who was playing the human games. Nightz and KanZolo usually get their games pretty quickly and you typically (not always, but I'm basing this on my now third year of experience running this) play yours on whatever the deadline day is so I kept it at 2.

Normally, if you weren't around tonight and MWS wasn't around tomorrow I'd be liable to just sim it completely and put both of you on Autopilot to be fair, but the game affects MWS's national championship chances. Unless you want me to put you on AP, can you play it on Wednesday?

GCQuinton said:
I played this week by ear based on who was playing the human games. Nightz and KanZolo usually get their games pretty quickly and you typically (not always, but I'm basing this on my now third year of experience running this) play yours on whatever the deadline day is so I kept it at 2.

Normally, if you weren't around tonight and MWS wasn't around tomorrow I'd be liable to just sim it completely and put both of you on Autopilot to be fair, but the game affects MWS's national championship chances. Unless you want me to put you on AP, can you play it on Wednesday?
I can play Wednesday. Today is my birthday so I had some surprise visitors.

MWS, I won't be able to play tonight! :(

:D

What time do you want to play tonight? I should be available around 9 est and after. I might be able to go earlier but after 9 is when I will definitely be around.

Alright, I've PM'd, put in a friend request on Xbox Live, and posted in here but MWS has yet to acknowledge anything. Shows he's been active since I sent the PM so I'm not sure what the hell is going on.

GCQuinton

I haven't heard back from MWS, so if this game isn't scheduled and played in the next two hours, this game is going to be simmed regardless of the implications. Which would also mean we pushed back the deadline for nothing. Lovely.

Good Game. I always thought the HFA thing the B league always complains about was BS but that shit is so serious lol. I guess it really is a factor in big stadiums; my players were so shook it was crazy! Fumble on my first drive returned for a TD, QB overthrowing wide open receivers, and my LB's not even reacting to passes throw directly at them. Not to take anything about from Story because he played very well but damn I've never seen my team play like that before. At one point in the game I was scared to throw the ball because I had no clue where my QB would put it. Even on 3 yard quick outs he was throw the ball 5 yards over the receivers head :lol

MWS Natural said:
Good Game. I always thought the HFA thing the B league always complains about was BS but that shit is so serious lol. I guess it really is a factor in big stadiums; my players were so shook it was crazy! Fumble on my first drive returned for a TD, QB overthrowing wide open receivers, and my LB's not even reacting to passes throw directly at them. Not to take anything about from Story because he played very well but damn I've never seen my team play like that before. At one point in the game I was scared to throw the ball because I had no clue where my QB would put it. Even on 3 yard quick outs he was throw the ball 5 yards over the receivers head :lol

GG....if it wasn't for that stupid option play on my part, I might've won. Oh well....at least I'm bowl eligible this year and I get my rb transfer eligible next year (he was ranked higher than anyone on my depth chart currently).

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Fifteen Games

NO GAMES THIS WEEK! DO YOUR RECRUITING!

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Fifteen Headlines

After A Delay of the Masses, Nevada Defeats NC State
Marshall Enters The Top Ten After Beating Boise State
2011 Heisman Honors Are Going Down to the Wire
#1 Arkansas Also Winning The 2011 Recruiting Race

Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Marshall - #8 Coaches, #6 Media, #7 BCS
Minnesota - #12 Coaches, #14 Media, #12 BCS
Michigan State - #14 Coaches, #12 Media, #11 BCS
UCF - #23 Coaches, #22 Media, #21 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
35-21 W Against NC State
22 carries for 147 yards, 4 TD

NeoGAF Game of the Week

NO GAMES THIS WEEK! DO YOUR RECRUITING!

WEEK FIFTEEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

storybook77 said:
GG....if it wasn't for that stupid option play on my part, I might've won. Oh well....at least I'm bowl eligible this year and I get my rb transfer eligible next year (he was ranked higher than anyone on my depth chart currently).

Yeah I was pissed that I forgot to save that highlight since it was all user on my part intercepting the pitch. I also wanted to save the one where you threw it directly to my MLB and he just sat there and didn't react at all lol. I was so pissed because you scored on that drive.

MWS Natural said:
Yeah I was pissed that I forgot to save that highlight since it was all user on my part intercepting the pitch. I also wanted to save the one where you threw it directly to my MLB and he just sat there and didn't react at all lol. I was so pissed because you scored on that drive.

That made up for the triple coverage you threw in to and my safety dropped it when it hit him right in the chest. :lol

storybook77 said:
That made up for the triple coverage you threw in to and my safety dropped it when it hit him right in the chest. :lol

But I really didn't throw into triple coverage I threw to my open TE and the QB overthrew him by 5 yards right to your safety. Thank God the National Championship is at a neutral site because home field advantage in big stadiums is no joke. I understand not being able to see my routes or not being able to audible effectively but making my QB throw wildly inaccurate passes is stupid. Especially when I'm using no pass lead when throwing.

MWS Natural said:
But I really didn't throw into triple coverage I threw to my open TE and the QB overthrew him by 5 yards right to your safety. Thank God the National Championship is at a neutral site because home field advantage in big stadiums is no joke. I understand not being able to see my routes or not being able to audible effectively but making my QB throw wildly inaccurate passes is stupid. Especially when I'm using no pass lead when throwing.

What's your qb accuracy rating? And is he an underclassman? He might just have jitters on the road.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I can't wait to see how my sophomore QB progresses in the off-season. He's already a 91 speed. Things are gonna get super-cheesy in Fayetteville next season!

Azwethinkweiz said:
What's your qb accuracy rating? And is he an underclassman? He might just have jitters on the road.

He's a senior with decent mid 80's accuracy. My problem was that he was missing so many easy throws (5-10 yards) I was hesitant to even try anything deeper. Either way I'm happy to escape with a win and look forward to my inevitable National Championship defeat at the hands of the extremely talented Razorbacks!

mik said:
I can't wait to see how my sophomore QB progresses in the off-season. He's already a 91 speed. Things are gonna get super-cheesy in Fayetteville next season!

Until people realize how strong qb contain is. I know these other guys haven't had to deal with a cheese QB, but I had to play DCX two years in a row in the other league. I know what's up.

Top Bottom