• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

Yeah I don't think the CPU has gotten any harder since the patch. I completely shut down TCU and my defense is worse this season than it was last.

I did notice the CPU being slightly better after the update, previously I was able to pretty much do whatever I want but now they run and defend the run better. I must say that I am not a big fan of people changing sliders to cover up deficiencies in their game. Having a tough time stopping the run or pass? Go the practice field and find new defenses to counter, don't make the CPU weaker IMO.

MWS Natural said:
I did notice the CPU being slightly better after the update, previously I was able to pretty much do whatever I want but now they run and defend the run better. I must say that I am not a big fan of people changing sliders to cover up deficiencies in their game. Having a tough time stopping the run or pass? Go the practice field and find new defenses to counter, don't make the CPU weaker IMO.

The CPU as of now is getting "bonuses" from the sliders in some categories though. I'm not saying that they absolutely have to be changed but it might be worth considering if some of the weaker teams start doing some weird bullshit. All of us have only played 1 or 2 games post-patch so it's too early to judge.

Striker

I'm sure I've played just one game since the patch, and that was against Houston, and they really ripped me up. I just banked that on Beall being so good and their WR's being so high. My defense seemed lost in coverage at times and missed oft tackes. Chalked that up on HFA.

I'll try to get my Southern Miss game in today before I get Reach tonight.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I didn't put it together as a post-patch phenomenon, but Ole Miss's quarterback was an absolute bastard--throwing laser beams on the run, after contact. And their pint-sized HB was bowling over some pretty beefy LBs all game, too.

storybook77 said:
The CPU as of now is getting "bonuses" from the sliders in some categories though. I'm not saying that they absolutely have to be changed but it might be worth considering if some of the weaker teams start doing some weird bullshit. All of us have only played 1 or 2 games post-patch so it's too early to judge.

I hear you, I wasn't sure if we had went back to default All-American or if we were using sliders now. I do like the fact that a CPU win isn't guaranteed; even though I won convincingly vs. Boise St they gave me just as much run as a human opponent.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
lol at all you people being excited over a mediocre console shooter. You assholes better not slowdown our league advancement rate with that shit.:D

We're advancing either way so that won't be an issue.

Striker

Azwethinkweiz said:
lol at all you people being excited over a mediocre console shooter. You assholes better not slowdown our league advancement rate with that shit.:D
f u!

Got my game in. Who knew Southern Miss had Joe Montana at QB. Their QB hit strikes downfield like no other. I didn't have big time trouble with their RB like I did vs. Houston, however. It is much harder for me to sack them, too, at least it feels like.

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Ok well your backups > starting defenses for most of our teams. So what's your gameplan?:lol
you fool, when all things equal it's still a loss. It would be like you losing your entire D, your backups=high school.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
He's just going to find a team with a 90+ speed qb :p
:lol :lol Nah, i just know how to use them well. I do alot better with a drop back QB, the tease of speed makes me run more than i should.

DCX

DCX said:
you fool, when all things equal it's still a loss. It would be like you losing your entire D, your backups=high school.

DCX
That sounds good, they should remove my ban from the other league so I can unify the National Championship.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eleven Games

#25 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Florida (CPU)
#1 Arkansas (mik) vs. Mississippi State (CPU)
#20 Marshall (Striker) vs. ECU (CPU)
#7 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #8 Cinncinati (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. #18 Boston College (CPU)
#4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #9 Texas (CPU)
#10 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Northwestern (CPU)
Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Indiana (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. UAB (CPU)

IDLE: #2 Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eleven Headlines

Commish: "This League Will Advance On Time This Week, And That's No Reach"
Arkansas Takes Care Of Business, Defeats South Carolina 28-7
Superman Turns Back Time As Minnesota Gets The Autopilot Win
2011 Award Semifinalists Announced, Did Any Of Your Players Make The Cut?

Ranked Teams

Arkansas - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Nevada - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #9 Media, #7 BCS
Minnesota - #10 Coaches, #8 Media, #8 BCS
Marshall - #20 Coaches, #19 Media, #18 BCS
San Diego State - #23 Coaches, #23 Media, #22 BCS
South Carolina - #25 Coaches, #25 Media, #24 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Andru Stewart, CB, Arkansas
28-7 W Against South Carolina
3 tackles, 2 TFL, ATK, sack, FF

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

FUM-TD: recovered by B. Bryant (UCF)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Cinncinati

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

Striker said:
Done. ECU's QB almost 400 yards passing. :lol

The offenses don't play around after that last patch. FSU ran all over me last game. I knew when their running back had a star under him that I was in trouble. :lol

Striker

storybook77 said:
The offenses don't play around after that last patch. FSU ran all over me last game. I knew when their running back had a star under him that I was in trouble. :lol
Yeah, it's rough. :\

Couple instances this past game:

4th & 2, I do a blitz with my LB's plus my S because I usually know they'll pass or run a draw. My ROLB reaches him so fast, I'm like SACK!, but the ECU QB shrugs him off like 2004-Daunte Culpepper and throws a bullet to his FB who tip-toes for a first-down.

When up 13 points late, playing Quarters defense not letting up a big play, they throw a bomb to a receiver into triple coverage and even though two of my guys are in position to knock it down or pick it off, they do nothing, and it's caught for a 40-something yard gain.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Truth. I would never ever ever ever ever let the CPU defend a pass on its own. Switch and swat, baby.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Twelve Games

#1 Arkansas (mik) vs. Notre Dame (CPU)
#2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. San Jose State (CPU)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #9 Oklahoma (CPU)
#20 San Diego State (Nightz) vs. Wyoming
#7 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Penn State (CPU)
#22 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #4 Wisconsin (CPU)
UCF (bobbydigital) vs. SMU (CPU)

IDLE: South Carolina (GCQuinton), #17 Marshall (Striker), #5 Rutgers (BigAT), NC State (storybook77)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Twelve Headlines

Domination: Five GAF Teams Take Spots In The Top Ten
UCF Sneaks Into BCS Polls At #25
San Diego State's Lindley Goes Off Against Colorado State For Player of the Week Honors
Texas Tech Winning The 2011 Recruiting Race (So Far)

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #5 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #7 Coaches, #7 Media, #7 BCS
Marshall - #17 Coaches, #17 Media, #17 BCS
San Diego State - #20 Coaches, #20 Media, #18 BCS
Michigan State - #22 Coaches, #22 Media, #21 BCS
UCF - #25 BCS

Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State
49-33 W Against Colorado State
23-33 for 506 yards, 6 TDs

INT-TD: C. Relf (Miss. St.) intercepted by T. Thomas (Arkansas)

NeoGAF Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS SATURDAY!

Well the tuner patch really bumped up the CPU's running. PSU gashed me for a 97 yard TD that put them up early and unfortunately, I could never pull back ahead. They beat me by 3, 31-28. :(

Man, I just played the cheesiest game ever. Oklahoma (and EA) gave me everything they had. Took a last second touchdown pass to win the game. By one point.:lol

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Thirteen Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Clemson (CPU)
#1 Arkansas (mik) vs. LSU (CPU)
#12 Marshall (Striker) vs. Memphis (CPU)
#4 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Louisville (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. #18 San Diego State (Nightz)
#2 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Hawaii (CPU)
#14 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Iowa (CPU)
#17 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #24 Penn State (CPU)

IDLE: #3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz), UCF (bobbydigital)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Thirteen Headlines

Squeaker Week: Texas Tech, Minnesota Win And Lose Games By 3 Points Or Less
Marshall Jumps Five Spots In Coaches Poll To #12...
...Only To Be Outdone By Michigan State, Who Jumps 12 Spots In Media Poll To #10
First Bowl Projections of 2011 Release; Where Are You Headed Right Now?

Ranked Teams

Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Marshall - #12 Coaches, #14 Media, #13 BCS
Minnesota - #14 Coaches, #17 Media, #14 BCS
Michigan State - #17 Coaches, #10 Media, #11 BCS
San Diego State - #18 Coaches, #19 Media, #19 BCS

Jerome Long, DT, San Diego State
52-26 W Against Wyoming
8 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 FF

FUM: recovered by D. Nall (UCF) for 6 yards

NeoGAF Game of the Week

NC State vs. San Diego State

WEEK THIRTEEN DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

:O Wow! What a game against Iowa. It was a back and forth game and Iowa tied it up 17-17 with 30 seconds left. Going against my better judgement I decided to try to throw it downfield to try to get in FG range. In the past this has bit me in ass, by throwing a pick and losing the game by a FG.

Anyway, first down the ball was almost picked off. On 2nd down I do the "Tim Tebow Play-Action" with 5 wide and hit my 4th string receiver. He caught it and took it the distance! 68 yards for the touchdown, the win and the Big Ten Championship! =D

The play has been saved to my highlights for the game.

Striker

I'm going to get smashed vs. Boise St. If a QB from Memphis can look like Johnny Unitas, as he did vs. my defense that last game, I can't even imagine. The pin-point accuracy is really tough given my def-players.

That said, they shouldn't have scored the last one. My controller went crazy until the game was over because it kept changing my sub-packaging, and then it almost muddled my final drive.

Nightz said:
storybook, you around by any chance?

It's probably going to be tomorrow night before I have a chance to play. Going out with friends tonight for my birthday (Monday) and then to the Falcons game tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom