• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Well the good news is that I can't sign them all. I only get 10 hours a week. Even if they were all interested in coming to TT, I just don't have the time to call them all, sadly.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Well the good news is that I can't sign them all. I only get 10 hours a week. Even if they were all interested in coming to TT, I just don't have the time to call them all, sadly.

I agree, the brad news is that with all of my C pitches I wouldn't have a chance vs you guys if I wanted a recruit you targeted.

Lonestar said:
I should have used more "will win Nation Championship" promises in the other league.

I haven't been able to unlock more than the starting promises. Not having a rival game each year really kills my most used pitch.

mik

mik is unbeatable
MWS Natural said:
I really could have had 400 yards rushing with him a game if I tried, but that's not realistic at all. You don't do something just because you can.
Nothing that happens against the CPU is realistic.

Striker

GG AT.

Your WR's were just too good for my DB's to handle. Both by speed and size, as Coleman looked like Ramses Barden compared to my corners. I was liking my pass-rush at times, mixing in some exotic blitzes. Your QB shrugged off one player like he was Daunte Culpepper circa-2004.

Offensively I was able to move by running and getting some open looks for my wideouts, but my two horrid picks cost me. I kind of felt once I got to the GL I couldn't hammer it in because of your stiff coverage. Wish I had a real receiving TE, as well. :(

BigAT

Very close game in West Virginia. It was a battle of two true freshmen quarterbacks. Mine was quite nervous from dealing with his first road start, he was battling the shakes all game. Marshall was driving down the field well, looking to score a game winning touchdown with about a minute left in regulation. Thankfully Rutgers came through with some timely defense once Marshall got inside the 10 (maybe it was even inside the 5?). The Scarlet Knights forced a couple of negative plays and eventually, on 4th down, an interception inside the end zone to basically seal the victory. 17-10 Rutgers.

GG Striker. Coleman is listed as 6'6" in-game, which is pretty much the same height as his real-life counterpart. So he basically is Ramses Jr.

Good game Lonestar. I have to say that is the first time I have ever blocked a FG or XP (highlight has been saved) on the XBOX generation of NCAA games. I would say that that was the turning point of the game.

Your skill players are BLAZING fast and I wasn't prepared for them. Welcome to the dynasty and good luck the rest of the way.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG

Running game in this league suuuuucks. No mattered what I threw at you, you got 5 yards every time.

Constantly moving your defensive line was annoying too.

It was the first time I've seen a blocked kick too.

You have a great feel for running the ball, nice cutting upturns on holes.

DCX

DCX
mik said:
Hogs done. I didn't let Miami score--I hope that's ok.
knowing-is-not-enough.png

DCX

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
How am I supposed to know you are waiting when you never even responded to my post regarding any scheduling time?

Crazy idea, you could try PM'ing him. I never understood the rationale of just posting in the thread and randomly hoping the person you're playing is going to see it.

GCQuinton said:
Crazy idea, you could try PM'ing him. I never understood the rationale of just posting in the thread and randomly hoping the person you're playing is going to see it.

True but I really wouldn't call it "randomly checking" if you have a game with a human opponent 9/10 times you or the opponent will make a comment about it in the thread. It's not like there are 3 different NCAA League threads you have to search through to get a game scheduled. Point taken though, with certain people I will be sure to PM as soon as the week advances if I'm scheduled to play them.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
True but I really wouldn't call it "randomly checking" if you have a game with a human opponent 9/10 times you or the opponent will make a comment about it in the thread. It's not like there are 3 different NCAA League threads you have to search through to get a game scheduled. Point taken though, with certain people I will be sure to PM as soon as the week advances if I'm scheduled to play them.

Depending on how fast a thread updates, there's a chance the person you're playing won't even see it if all they're even reading is the last few posts and your post with your available times happens to be on the last page. Personally speaking, this happens all the time for me on the Madden GAF side, which is why I don't post in that thread as much if at all. I've never missed a game, though.

PM'ing a person makes sure it's right at the top of the page whenever they log back on GAF, wherever they are.

GG, man. I swear I tried to not run up the score, but damn your defense is like swiss cheese. I think I threw a grand total of 4 times.

All the ridiculous runs are being uploaded for posterity.

DCX

DCX
Azwethinkweiz said:
GG, man. I swear I tried to not run up the score, but damn your defense is like swiss cheese. I think I threw a grand total of 4 times.

Oh i know. I have a really bad defensive team. My Oline can't hold up it's own weight. I was trying to keep it close and a fumble...picked up around a sea of my players and somehow your man runs through the entire pile and jets for like 60 yard, i knew then it was going to be a long game.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Azwethinkweiz said:

Minnesota threw once against me the whole game.

WHAT THE FUCK. The week was advanced while I was making roster changes so when I tried to back out the game froze and now the game shows 00 Recruiting time and I haven't spoken to one recruit. I completely deleted my dynasty file and re-download it and I tried to recruit online but it's the same thing.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Three Games

#8 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Georgia (CPU)
#12 Arkansas (mik) vs. #2 Alabama (CPU)
#18 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #1 Notre Dame (CPU)
Ole Miss (Lonestar) vs. #6 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Duke (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Nebraska (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. Wyoming (CPU)
#21 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Hawaii (CPU)
#15 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #23 Oregon State (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UAB (CPU)

IDLE: #5 Rutgers (BigAT)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Three Headlines

Nevada Beats Michigan State, Enters The Top 25
Arkansas Blanks Miami, And Within Reason!
Texas Tech's Zouzalik Sneaks Into Heisman Conversation
Big CPU Week As Arkansas, Michigan State Face #2 Bama, #1 Notre Dame

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
49-42 W Against Michigan State
29 carries for 336 yards, 5 TD
2 receptions, 32 yards, TD

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #5 Coaches
Texas Tech - #6 Coaches
South Carolina - #8 Coaches
Arkansas - #12 Coaches
Minnesota - #15 Coaches
Michigan State - #18 Coaches
Nevada - #21 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

FUM-TD: recovered by A. Peoples (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

WEEK THREE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!!

Sucks I lost a week recruit but w/e not going to cry over it.

GG Owl neither of us had any defense at all that game. I couldn't stop the pass and you couldn't stop the run. Every time I tried to mix it up I got sacked, threw an INT or my WR dropped the ball so eventually I said fuckit and just ran the ball. My "experiment" with moving a fast converted LB to safety was an utter failure as he gave up about 4 TD's himself. Commish I demand a "tune-up" game next season!

MWS Natural said:

GG Owl neither of us had any defense at all that game. I couldn't stop the pass and you couldn't stop the run. Every time I tried to mix it up I got sacked, threw an INT or my WR dropped the ball so eventually I said fuckit and just ran the ball. My "experiment" with moving a fast converted LB to safety was an utter failure as he gave up about 4 TD's himself. Commish I demand a "tune-up" game next season!
I agree, It'd be nice if we could get a CPU game week 1 with a mid-level bcs school.

KanZolo

MWS Natural said:

I knew I was fucked when my WR dropped a wide open td pass late 2nd Q. And if you couldn't tell my FB is my kicker...

Big Papa Husker said:
I agree, It'd be nice if we could get a CPU game week 1 with a mid-level bcs school.

Yeah I'm not sure how the Online Dynasty scheduling works so I guess he has limited games to put user games in but it really sucks opening against a good ass team when you haven't had a chance to play with your squad. Like in my brain I really believed a fast converted LB could play safety...the idea sounded great on paper :lol

KanZolo said:
I knew I was fucked when my WR dropped a wide open td pass late 2nd Q. And if you couldn't tell my FB is my kicker...

Really? I thought all of those 40yard sideline catches that went through my DB's hands would have overridden that one play. I knew it was going to be a long day when I blitzed 6 and your 5 man line somehow picked it up and then gave you 6 seconds to find an open WR. Or when you ran an 8 yard out and my DB got lost somewhere at midfield. Seriously though I can't believe you got that stacked ass team with no kicker. I started at like the 50yard line each drive LOL

GCQuinton

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd ALL have a Merry Christmas!"

Even if there was a possibility to work in "tune-up" games around all the stuff I already have to get around for you guys to still complain about, I still wouldn't do it. You want to warm up with your current team before a big opening game? Take advantage of the one (of many) things this game has that Madden doesn't, the practice mode!

Striker

Your LB sounds like my semi-starting SS Joel Goddard.

zb9jl.jpg

His coverage and tackling is what bothers me the most. He seems so often out of position. If I played a 43 defense, he would be an OLB for sure, but right now he's staying at S with my lack of players there.

Is the converted LB named Anthony Harris? Great acceleration and speed, but dude he stinks everywhere else. I hope you didn't put him at starter. :p

We only get 4 OOC games a year, and if you don't have any other human opponents in your conference, those are the only games available for human opponent play.

Striker said:
Your LB sounds like my semi-starting SS Joel Goddard.

zb9jl.jpg

His coverage and tackling is what bothers me the most. He seems so often out of position. If I played a 43 defense, he would be an OLB for sure, but right now he's staying at S with my lack of players there.

Is the converted LB named Anthony Harris? Great acceleration and speed, but dude he stinks everywhere else. I hope you didn't put him at starter. :p

Yeah well I didn't have many options lol, I lost two of my FS/SS on the last week of recruiting so I was fucked. He has 91SPD 95ACC and coverage in the 60's I figured he would be ok back there but boy was I wrong lol. I am just going to move him back to OLB next season and redshirt him.

mik

mik is unbeatable
GCQuinton said:
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd ALL have a Merry Christmas!"

Even if there was a possibility to work in "tune-up" games around all the stuff I already have to get around for you guys to still complain about, I still wouldn't do it. You want to warm up with your current team before a big opening game? Take advantage of the one (of many) things this game has that Madden doesn't, the practice mode!
Indeed. You've done a great job with the scheduling, which is a pain in the ass--I wouldn't change the way that's done at all. Practice mode is where I do my tuning up (finding cheesy WR running plays).

mik said:
Indeed. You've done a great job with the scheduling, which is a pain in the ass--I wouldn't change the way that's done at all. Practice mode is where I do my tuning up (finding cheesy WR running plays).

You crack me up Mik. Let me know if you find any "cheesy" defenses to stop the pass because I need it :lol

mik

mik is unbeatable
You've seen my defense twice. You know I couldn't stop Our Lady of the Divine Clitoris. Thank God they're not on my schedule.

GCQuinton

Thursday morning "Games Left" update:

Ole Miss (Lonestar) vs. #6 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Nebraska (CPU)

Deadline's tonight! And just a heads up. Week 4's all-CPU, so it's gonna be a two day deadline like usual. If you know you're heading out for the weekend, I suggest you knock it out on Friday!

And looking ahead, what's everybody's schedule for Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday)? I'll be in and out the house a bit more, but it shouldn't affect my stuff here too much if at all. Just figuring out if I'll be needing to extend deadlines and what not, but that'll be more of a problem if we've got any human games around that time.

GCQuinton said:
Thursday morning "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight! And just a heads up. Week 4's all-CPU, so it's gonna be a two day deadline like usual. If you know you're heading out for the weekend, I suggest you knock it out on Friday!

And looking ahead, what's everybody's schedule for Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday)? I'll be in and out the house a bit more, but it shouldn't affect my stuff here too much if at all. Just figuring out if I'll be needing to extend deadlines and what not, but that'll be more of a problem if we've got any human games around that time.

I will be out out town from 11/23-11/30.

Top Bottom