• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton said:
Thursday morning "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight! And just a heads up. Week 4's all-CPU, so it's gonna be a two day deadline like usual. If you know you're heading out for the weekend, I suggest you knock it out on Friday!

And looking ahead, what's everybody's schedule for Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday)? I'll be in and out the house a bit more, but it shouldn't affect my stuff here too much if at all. Just figuring out if I'll be needing to extend deadlines and what not, but that'll be more of a problem if we've got any human games around that time.

I'll be around for most of the week. I'll be gone Thursday morning/afternoon and will be back that evening. The following weekend I will be out of town though.

GCQuinton

storybook77 said:
I'll be around for most of the week. I'll be gone Thursday morning/afternoon and will be back that evening. The following weekend I will be out of town though.

When you say "the following" do you mean that weekend (the 26th) or the one after that (the 3rd)? Not sure by the way you worded it.

Nightz

GCQuinton said:
Thursday morning "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight! And just a heads up. Week 4's all-CPU, so it's gonna be a two day deadline like usual. If you know you're heading out for the weekend, I suggest you knock it out on Friday!

And looking ahead, what's everybody's schedule for Thanksgiving weekend (Thursday through Sunday)? I'll be in and out the house a bit more, but it shouldn't affect my stuff here too much if at all. Just figuring out if I'll be needing to extend deadlines and what not, but that'll be more of a problem if we've got any human games around that time.
mik's game against me may as well be a CPU game. I'm gonna get stomped. :lol

Anyways, I'll be out of town Thursday-Saturday (25th-27th) of next week. Coming back home on Saturday, but I don't know exactly when during the day.

GCQuinton said:
When you say "the following" do you mean that weekend (the 26th) or the one after that (the 3rd)? Not sure by the way you worded it.

I'll be gone the 27th and the 28th.

You might as well include the 26th because of shopping and the Iron Bowl. :lol

GCQuinton

Nightz said:
mik's game against me may as well be a CPU game. I'm gonna get stomped. :lol

Anyways, I'll be out of town Thursday-Saturday (25th-27th) of next week. Coming back home on Saturday, but I don't know exactly when during the day.

Forgot about that game, but you guys should be the only all-CPU game for Week 4. I'll wait to hear back from everyone else regarding Thanksgiving weekend before setting anything in stone.

I'll be out Wednesday evening (23rd) and I'll be back Sunday (26th). I might be taking my xbox with me though depending on whether you decide to do an advance during those days.

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'll be out Wednesday evening (23rd) and I'll be back Sunday (26th). I might be taking my xbox with me though depending on whether you decide to do an advance during those days.

That's a neat calendar you're using!

Also, when did we start going to the 2 day deadline for human opponent weeks? I always thought those allowed for a third day due to scheduling. I'm going to try to get it in with Lone tonight but I only have like an hour or so tonight to work with where I'm not busy.

Azwethinkweiz said:
Also, when did we start going to the 2 day deadline for human opponent weeks? I always thought those allowed for a third day due to scheduling.
GZ5H7.gif

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
Also, when did we start going to the 2 day deadline for human opponent weeks? I always thought those allowed for a third day due to scheduling. I'm going to try to get it in with Lone tonight but I only have like an hour or so tonight to work with where I'm not busy.

I started doing that sometime in the middle of Season 2 for weeks with less than three all human games. It's a "play it by ear" thing for the most part, though, since I take into account whose playing the human game(s) for that particular week when setting the deadline and how fast they've played their games in the past.

I don't want to pull anything made up out of a storybook or anything, but I started to notice the majority of the time some folks will wait to the last day of the deadline to play their game, no matter what I set it to. So I made it shorter and sure enough, they got their games in quicker and we advanced faster.

GCQuinton said:
I started doing that sometime in the middle of Season 2 for weeks with less than three all human games. It's a "play it by ear" thing for the most part, though, since I take into account whose playing the human game(s) for that particular week when setting the deadline and how fast they've played their games in the past.

I don't want to pull anything made up out of a storybook or anything, but I started to notice the majority of the time some folks will wait to the last day of the deadline to play their game, no matter what I set it to. So I made it shorter and sure enough, they got their games in quicker and we advanced faster.

Yes, because I was the one and only one!

I apologize for planning more important shit in my life around the deadline. :D

Azwethinkweiz said:
You're just bitter because you lost all your recruiting for the week.

I'm just bitter you aren't on my schedule this season!

GCQuinton said:
I started to notice the majority of the time some folks will wait to the last day of the deadline to play their game, no matter what I set it to. So I made it shorter and sure enough, they got their games in quicker and we advanced faster.

Sooo true, even worse when they are the last game to be played "oh I'll play it tomorrow". WTF if it's the CPU it takes 30mins TOPS to play the game! Just play a half or so, get a lead then sim the rest as needed if you are in a rush.

BigAT

I'll definitely be gone that Thursday. My plans are currently up in the air for Friday/Saturday, but I suspect I'll be fairly busy. I should be able to get in a CPU game without an issue, scheduling a human game mind be a bit more difficult.

Supposed to play with lone at 9pm EST but he never showed. I don't think I'm going to have a free hour for the rest of the night so I don't know if you want to give us another day or what, GCQ. All I know is I showed up when I was supposed to.

GCQuinton

Az, I've set Ole Miss to Autopilot so you can play that if you're still around since Lone was the one who didn't show up. Looks like he's on now hanging around too. If I get confirmation that both of you will play tomorrow before midnight, I'll hold off on advancing. Otherwise I'm simming this game.

GCQuinton

DCX is wrapping up his game now I think, so this is the last game left.

After thinking about it, I'm going to hold off on advancing tonight and extend the deadline to tomorrow night. The first (and hopefully last) time I do this this year. Reason being, a CPU upset by Ole Miss would potentially screw Az (currently a top five team) over for the season which really wouldn't be fair considering he showed up for the game at the agreed time and Lone didn't.

If you guys can agree to a time tomorrow night, great. Otherwise, Az is free to play the CPU if he sees fit since Ole Miss is currently on Autopilot.

Lone, I'll be getting home tomorrow at about 1:30pm EST and I'll be around until about 7:30pm EST. Let me know if you can make it during that time.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Four Games

#6 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #13 Michigan (CPU)
#10 Arkansas (mik) vs. San Diego State (Nightz)
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #15 Minnesota (BPH)
Ole Miss (Lonestar) vs. Vanderbilt (CPU)
NC State (storybook) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Boise State (CPU)
#20 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. San Jose State (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

IDLE: #16 Michigan State (KanZolo), #4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Four Headlines

Nevada's Jefferson Earns POW Honors, Enters Heisman Discussion
MWS Backs Off The Ledge After Seeing His Recruiting Hours Return
That's Quite a Drop: Ole Miss Loses Raymond Cotton For The Season, 72-Rated James Carter Expected To Take Reigns
Squeaker Week: Arkansas, Syracuse Win Close Games
Ole Miss, Syracuse Land Recruiting Commitments

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
59-35 W Against Hawaii
20 carries for 287 yards, 4 TD

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #3 Coaches
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches
South Carolina - #6 Coaches
Arkansas - #10 Coaches
Minnesota - #15 Coaches
Michigan State - #16 Coaches
Nevada - #20 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: J. Walker (Arkansas) pass to C. Williams for 1 yard

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. Minnesota

WEEK FOUR DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

BigAT

Big Papa Husker said:
AT when do you want to play? I can play tonight.
I'm around now if you want to play. I can't guarantee my availability the rest of the night, I might be going out at some point.

Good game AT. Once again my POS secondary gets another 80yd+ pass dropped on it. Oh and the awesome average of 35 yards a pass is great too. Stupid Freshman corners...

Once my dumb ass WR got called for clipping as my RB was on the ground, I knew it was over. Other than my RB, I have no one on offense that is worth a shit.

BigAT

GG BPH. I feel like that was one of the best games I've had from a play calling perspective. It felt like I frequently had the perfect play for each situation. Your running game is ridiculous, I don't remember the last time I was glad to hold a back to 6.7 YPC.

Nightz

mik you around? I can play now if we start within the next 20 minutes. I'm heading out tonight and won't be available until like 10 PST.

Striker

I'll get my game in Saturday or Sunday evenings (before the NYG/PHI game of course). Today was extremely long at work, and I hope tomorrow is shorter.

Top Bottom