• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Also, so MWS feels better, none of my recruiting recorded for last week. I was trying to figure out why I dropped a spot for all my recruits, then I realized that none of the ones I set visits for had a visit pending. Not sure what happened there but fuck you, EA.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Nightz said:
mik you around? I can play now if we start within the next 20 minutes. I'm heading out tonight and won't be available until like 10 PST.
Sorry, man. I didn't see that until just now. I'll be around all weekend though.

GCQuinton

Ugh. Losing that Michigan game was nobody's fault but my own. Slingin' and slangin' too much. Oh well.

In other news, Ole Miss is now without a coach.

GCQuinton said:
Ugh. Losing that Michigan game was nobody's fault but my own. Slingin' and slangin' too much. Oh well.

In other news, Ole Miss is now without a coach.

Yeah I seen that when I got on this morning to play my game. What a bitch move, QB gets hurt then he quits the league...guess I was right in the end lol. Everyone can't survive in League A baby it takes a real coach to build from the bottom!!

MWS Natural said:
Yeah I seen that when I got on this morning to play my game. What a bitch move, QB gets hurt then he quits the league...guess I was right in the end lol. Everyone can't survive in League A baby it takes a real coach to build from the bottom!!
I was surprised. I guess he was also pissed that he couldn't stop my run game.

MWS Natural said:
Games remaining?
I was wondering that myself.

GCQuinton

Sunday morning "Games Left" update:

#10 Arkansas (mik) vs. San Diego State (Nightz)
NC State (storybook) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

Other stuff:

If we're able to advance tonight, we can start Week 5 and hopefully get that done before Tuesday. Depending on how fast that happens, what I'm thinking about doing now is just super extending that Week 6 deadline to the 30th, so the people who are around can get that game in and the ones who aren't will be able to when they get back.

GCQuinton said:
Sunday morning "Games Left" update:

Other stuff:

If we're able to advance tonight, we can start Week 5 and hopefully get that done before Tuesday. Depending on how fast that happens, what I'm thinking about doing now is just super extending that Week 6 deadline to the 30th, so the people who are around can get that game in and the ones who aren't will be able to when they get back.
May or may not get mine in tonight. However, if everyone else gets done go ahead and advance.

GCQuinton said:

Well...we can pretty much toss that idea out the window lol.

Nightz

GG mik. Might have been a bit different if my players could actually hold on to the ball. 2 fumbles by my HB, drops by a wide open TE, and what killed me was how my defenders couldn't catch anything that was thrown right at them. It's going to be a long season. :lol

mik

mik is unbeatable
Those two fumbles definitely put you in a hole. You played a good game though.

Note to all my opponents: my kicker can't hit anything longer than a 35-yard FG. So, I'm going for it. :p

GCQuinton

Monday morning "Games Left" update:

NC State (storybook) vs. North Carolina (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UCF (CPU)

Deadline's tonight so we advance if your game's played or not. And it looks like we'll be able to get one more week in before Thanksgiving weekend starts.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
As there isn't a thread for this game, how is it compared to Madden 11? Been thinking up picking it up as I'm getting sick of Madden this year.

Striker

Ikuu said:
As there isn't a thread for this game, how is it compared to Madden 11? Been thinking up picking it up as I'm getting sick of Madden this year.
Online is deeper than Madden and it doesn't have junk like Gameflow, a broken defensive hot-route system, list can go on and on. I would recommend it for sure.

GCQ, I'll get my game in soon.

Striker said:
Online is deeper than Madden and it doesn't have junk like Gameflow, a broken defensive hot-route system, list can go on and on. I would recommend it for sure.

100% correct; even the graphics are better imo. I have been a Madden vet since 93' and this is the first year I have no interest in the game whatsoever. NCAA is by far the superior game, I couldn't recommend it any more.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:

That was last night. If that still applies, story, let me know. This next week's probably our last regular one before Thursday anyway so three or four more hours to wait isn't drastically affecting anything.

GCQuinton said:
That was last night. If that still applies, story, let me know. This next week's probably our last regular one before Thursday anyway so three or four more hours to wait isn't drastically affecting anything.
Sim it. Won't get to my 360 anytime soon.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Five Games

#6 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Ole Miss (CPU)
#15 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Illinois (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. New Mexico (CPU)
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. #18 West Virginia (CPU)
NC State (storybook) vs. #25 Miami (CPU)
#4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Kansass! (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. UConn (CPU)
#19 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. New Mexico State (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. SMU (CPU)

IDLE: #9 Arkansas (mik)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Five Headlines

Ole Miss Coach Bails On League After Two Games; Commish: "No Current Replacement Prospects"
NC State Assistants Get A Big Win, Besting UNC In Overtime
MSU's Mumphrey Jumps To #2 In the Heisman Race
Nevada's Jefferson Takes Home Player of the Week Honors For Third Week In A Row
Arkansas Beats San Diego State In A Game Much Closer Than Predicted

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
52-20 W Against San Jose State
15 carries, 215 yards, 4 TD
43 reception yards

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #3 Coaches, #3 Coaches
Texas Tech - #4 Coaches, #5 Coaches
Arkansas - #9 Coaches, #4 Media
South Carolina - #14 Coaches, #15 Media
Michigan State - #15 Coaches, #8 Media
Nevada - #19 Coaches, #20 Media
Minnesota - #20 Coaches, #22 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 27yd rush by S. Jefferson (Nevada)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Rutgers vs. West Virginia

WEEK FIVE DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY!!

Good lord. Even in a sim it took OT to beat NC. :lol

My team is horrible this year. My QBs can't hit the broad side of a barn and my defense can't stop anyone. Even when my QB does hit the receiver, it gets dropped.

storybook77 said:
Good lord. Even in a sim it took OT to beat NC. :lol

My team is horrible this year. My QBs can't hit the broad side of a barn and my defense can't stop anyone. Even when my QB does hit the receiver, it gets dropped.
I think we will have a battle of inept defenses... Mine is pretty awful too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
MWS Natural said:
100% correct; even the graphics are better imo. I have been a Madden vet since 93' and this is the first year I have no interest in the game whatsoever. NCAA is by far the superior game, I couldn't recommend it any more.
Just a few more questions before I buy it; How is the play action? I find in Madden that PA just gets your QB destroyed the majority of times and never seems to fake the CPU out. Another issue I have with Madden is how highly it rates speed, any receiver with decent speed and acceleration can get wide open far too easily.

Ikuu said:
Just a few more questions before I buy it; How is the play action? I find in Madden that PA just gets your QB destroyed the majority of times and never seems to fake the CPU out. Another issue I have with Madden is how highly it rates speed, any receiver with decent speed and acceleration can get wide open far too easily.

The playaction is pretty much like Madden but there are playactions plays in the game that work well without getting instant pressure in the QB's face, you just have to find them. The defense was very good (almost too good) before some of the tuners came out and they knocked down the man coverage a bit. The DB's use to run the WR's routes before they did and it looked pretty stupid so they took that out. With a good rated defense (this is where recruiting comes in) you can shut people down but with a less talented defense it can be tough to get stops.

GCQuinton

Wednesday morning "Games Left" update:

NC State (storybook) vs. #25 Miami (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. UConn (CPU)

And just a reminder, I'm still advancing to Week 6 tonight but it's going to be an extended deadline week (the 29th).

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Six Games

#25 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Tennessee (CPU)
#8 Arkansas (mik) vs. #10 Ohio State (CPU)
#14 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #6 Michigan (CPU)
San Diego State (Nightz) vs. #22 TCU (CPU)
#2 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. Pittsburgh (CPU)
NC State (storybook77) vs. Marshall (Striker)
#3 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Nebraska (CPU)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #19 West Virginia (CPU)
#18 Minnesota (BPH) vs. #11 Penn State (CPU)

IDLE: #16 Nevada (MWS Natural)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Six Headlines

Falling From Grace: South Carolina Loses Two Straight, Barely In Top 25
Nevada's Jefferson Takes Heisman Lead
Assistants Can't Get The Win For Syracuse As They Lose To UConn
With Two Early Five Star Commits, Texas Tech Leads Recruiting Race

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Stefphon Jefferson, HB, Nevada
45-7 W Against New Mexico State
23 carries for 226 yards, 3 TD
4 receptions,

Ranked Teams

Rutgers - #2 Coaches, #2 Coaches
Texas Tech - #3 Coaches, #4 Media
Arkansas - #8 Coaches, #3 Media
Michigan State - #14 Coaches, #9 Media
Nevada - #16 Coaches, #16 Media
Minnesota - #18 Coaches, #19 Media
South Carolina - #25 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 73yd rush by J. Pride (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

NC State vs. Marshall

WEEK SIX DEADLINE IS MONDAY!!

Nightz

Holy crap this game is trying to screw me over. I'm up 21-20 in the 3rd quarter. TCU has a 3rd and 10, the QB throws a deep pass down the sideline. My CB tips it away for an incompletion. Then it freaking goes to a booth review and reverses the play for a first down! What...in...the...world...

Nightz said:
Holy crap this game is trying to screw me over. I'm up 21-20 in the 3rd quarter. TCU has a 3rd and 10, the QB throws a deep pass down the sideline. My CB tips it away for an incompletion. Then it freaking goes to a booth review and reverses the play for a first down! What...in...the...world...
Sounds like a Big 12 officiating crew. :lol

Striker

Hope you guys had a great holiday.

Story, on our tries this weekend, it must be before 9 PM EST. Days I get home depend on how much goes on at work. Monday is our deadline, but it's my next day off as well. :lol

Top Bottom