• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

GCQuinton

Alright, slackers! Back to work! Monday morning's "Games Left" update:

#18 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #25 Nevada (MWS Natural)
#11 Arkansas (mik) vs. #8 Michigan State (KanZolo)
Marshall (Striker) vs. #4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. Boston College (CPU)

Deadline's tonight!

MWS I'm free after 6 EST till around 10 EST. The odds of me being around long enough to play after that aren't so hot, though.

GCQuinton said:
Alright, slackers! Back to work! Monday morning's "Games Left" update:

Deadline's tonight!

MWS I'm free after 6 EST till around 10 EST. The odds of me being around long enough to play after that aren't so hot, though.

Cool I wasn't planning on working out tonight since I have to go pickup my new plasma from Best Buy. I will probably be home and ready to go around 8PM EST.

Big Papa Husker said:
What kind of plasma are you getting?

42inch Panasonic Vierra; got tired of sharing the living room TV. The only thing that sucks now is my 360 will have to be wireless for the first time =/.

MWS Natural said:
42inch Panasonic Vierra; got tired of sharing the living room TV. The only thing that sucks now is my 360 will have to be wireless for the first time =/.
Just pick up one of those Wireless N adapters... you probably won't see any lag with that thing, if you have a N router.

Big Papa Husker said:
Just pick up one of those Wireless N adapters... you probably won't see any lag with that thing, if you have a N router.

Yeah no N router though, going to borrow my friends wireless adapter until I get a 360slim.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Cool I wasn't planning on working out tonight since I have to go pickup my new plasma from Best Buy. I will probably be home and ready to go around 8PM EST.

8 EST it is. Just shoot me an IM or post here if that changes.

BigAT

MWS Natural said:
That's my TV! I got a TH-42PX a couple of years ago, I love it.

Striker, when is the earliest you can play? My girlfriend is driving back in the evening and she's taking the xbox with her since I don't want to fly with it later in the week.

Striker

GG Az.

:lol

P.S. there's reason I hardly try to user-pick -_-

And King's TD drop on that long pass real early kind of hinted I had no shot.

BigAT said:
That's my TV! I got a TH-42PX a couple of years ago, I love it.
Yeah I haven't even seen one since I bought it online but I know Panasonic plasma's are great. My Pioneer Kuro got damaged moving into my new place so this will hold me over until I eventually get it fixed.

GCQuinton said:
8 EST it is. Just shoot me an IM or post here if that changes.
Ok, trying to leave work early so I can get my Yamaha AVR/surround speakers and everything setup before it gets too late.

Striker said:
GG Az.

Poor Striker...tough schedule mayne. Hang in there buddy :lol

Striker said:
GG Az.

:lol

P.S. there's reason I hardly try to user-pick -_-

I think the fumble on the one-on-one with your RB hurt more. If you had juked that guy you were gone. Instead he gets hit and drops it.

But GG man. I tried not to score on that last drive but your linebackers were letting me run right by them.

Striker

Azwethinkweiz said:
I think the fumble on the one-on-one with your RB hurt more. If you had juked that guy you were gone. Instead he gets hit and drops it.

But GG man. I tried not to score on that last drive but your linebackers were letting me run right by them.
Yeah, Cooper's run was big too. That last guy was the only one left, and you risked with the hit stick and my cutback was a bit late. :(

I don't care if you scored. My defense was/is pathetic. Gonna be the same results vs. AT and MWS later.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Actually, it turns out the only way I could play tonight is if it's late tonight. So, if you need to set it up so Kanzolo can play the CPU, that's ok. Holiday time with a house full of family makes this a little dicey for me for the next few days.

Striker said:
I don't care if you scored. My defense was/is pathetic. Gonna be the same results vs. AT and MWS later.
Pfft not the way my offense is looking this year, it's like the 1999 Ravens over here lol.

mik said:
Actually, it turns out the only way I could play tonight is if it's late tonight. So, if you need to set it up so Kanzolo can play the CPU, that's ok. Holiday time with a house full of family makes this a little dicey for me for the next few days.

Goddamnit no vance' :/

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Two Games

South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. #5 Ohio State (CPU)
#16 Arkansas (mik) vs. #15 Penn State (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. #13 Rutgers (BigAT)
Syracuse (DCX) vs. #8 Michigan State (KanZolo)
#23 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #6 Ohio State (CPU)
#4 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Cal (Nightz)
#19 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Oregon (CPU)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Two Headlines

Nevada Opens Season Strong By Blowing Out South Carolina
Oregen Seeks Revenge Against BPH This Week As They Face His Golden Gophers
Start of Something Good: Texas Tech Freshman Estes Has Big Game Against Marshall
Various Members Score Instant Week 1 Recruiting Commits

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Andre Estes, HB, Texas Tech
31-14 W Against Marshall
20 carries for 121 yards, 4 TD
2 receptions, 35 yards, TD

Rankings

Texas Tech - #4 Coaches
Michigan State - #8 Coaches
Rutgers - #13 Coaches
Arkansas - #16 Coaches
Minnesota - #19 Coaches
Nevada - #23 Coaches

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: S. Young (Texas Tech) pass to A. Estes for 40 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Texas Tech vs. Cal

WEEK TWO DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

What are the odds we can make the deadline Saturday? Like I said I'll be going out of town and won't be able to play until then so if not then I guess Nightz gets to play the CPU.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
What are the odds we can make the deadline Saturday? Like I said I'll be going out of town and won't be able to play until then so if not then I guess Nightz gets to play the CPU.

We advanced tonight, so a six night week is pushing it. More than likely you're gonna have to go on auto pilot. I know you originally said before you'd be back on New Years, but you also said you were gonna have your system with you the whole time, so I kept your human games where they were.

Nightz

Azwethinkweiz said:
Would you be able to play right now?

Striker

MWS Natural said:
Anyone take a moment to look at Ohio State's roster? I mean...WTF can I hire their recruiting coach??! JESUS!
Go look at Penn State's starting QB Brown and their MLB, think his last name is Smith. I had both of those guys almost in my grasp until filthy Joe took them away. :(

smh

Striker said:
Go look at Penn State's starting QB Brown and their MLB, think his last name is Smith. I had both of those guys almost in my grasp until filthy Joe took them away. :(

smh

True, but their off-season training is probably A+ so those players might not have developed so well on your squad if your rating is lower. Funny that the MLB could be the backup QB as well lol.

KanZolo

Striker said:
It's 2014, Joe is dead

Nightz

Azwethinkweiz said:
Good game, Nightz. You always play me way too close for comfort. Those INTs in the 4th quarter were killer for you.
GG man. I deserved the loss for making stupid decisions in the 4th. I know I could have waited another second to throw, but your user controlled lineman was always in the back of my mind throwing off my timing. The home field advantage was huge since I couldn't even see some of the icons for my receivers. I spent a bit of time in practice mode, but I still don't know the button assignments for every play in the Cal playbook.

Big Papa Husker said:
I finished with my game against Oregon and just finished recruiting. Ready for next week and Nevada... Oh, my offense is screwed... :lol

Oh stop, you'll be OK. Just don't try to run outside or throw deep....or stay in the pocket =P .

But seriously though my offense is likely to give you an easy 14points right off the bat. I have to reign in Cody Fajardo, he's a (Old)Favre-like gunslinger. We just need him to be our Trent Dilfer and let the defense and running game take care of the rest.

Striker

BigAT said:
Striker, I should be around for pretty much the entirety of tomorrow, let me know when you can play.
I'll be around tomorrow. Got it off but have few other things to do some time throughout.

May have to change defensive schemes soon. Bad enough seeing Texas Tech drive a semi through the middle of my front seven, but guys were just not getting it done. I could run a 4-3 or 4-2-5 (though my starting Safeties now suck just as much). I have not had any success recruiting any DT talent. :(

Damn League B dudes don't last very long around these parts, I think we should start letting them come in with 90+ OVR teams j/k. Sorry to see you go DCX I was looking forward to you turning Syracuse around.

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Damn League B dudes don't last very long around these parts, I think we should start letting them come in with 90+ OVR teams j/k. Sorry to see you go DCX I was looking forward to you turning Syracuse around.
They will be good by next season..got alot of star dudes filtering in. It's just a tough time to be playing in 4 leagues :/

DCX

DCX said:
They will be good by next season..got alot of star dudes filtering in. It's just a tough time to be playing in 4 leagues :/

DCX

Yeah I hear you man I feel like this is the first year my program is turning around as well. Sure you don't want to wait until the holidays are over to re-think the decision?

GCQ are you against non-GAFers joining the league, I might have a buddy who may be interested.

DCX

DCX
MWS Natural said:
Yeah I hear you man I feel like this is the first year my program is turning around as well. Sure you don't want to wait until the holidays are over to re-think the decision?

GCQ are you against non-GAFers joining the league, I might have a buddy who may be interested.
Actually that would be a good idea..i think by thursday or Friday i will be off of this cloud like feeling.

DCX

GCQuinton

We didn't exactly blow #5 Oklahoma out but we certainly got the upset win. Where the hell was this team last night?!

MWS Natural said:

I'm inclined to flat out say no based on past experiences, but ask me again when the current season's over.

GCQuinton said:
We didn't exactly blow #5 Oklahoma out but we certainly got the upset win. Where the hell was this team last night?!
Damn even the CPU gets a GG.

I'm inclined to flat out say no based on past experiences, but ask me again when the current season's over.
Yeah I hear you; what ever happened to that new guy?

Striker

GG BigAT.

I just gave up mentally after I double covered Coleman in the dime package and he still was wide open for the easy TD.

BigAT

Striker said:
GG BigAT.

I just gave up mentally after I double covered Coleman in the dime package and he still was wide open for the easy TD.
GG

Yeah, Coleman is pretty fantastic to have. 6'6" with 93 speed and 97 acceleration. He just ignores coverage at times.

Top Bottom