• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Nightz

CB3 said:
So would anyone here be interested in an Alternate league with some of the guys from my league? I figure if we can get 10 guys combined from both leagues we can do something successful here. I wouldnt mind doing a 4 star or under or even 3 star or under thing like you guys have here

1.) Me
2.) Luke Smith
I'd be down for this. I think I'm done with Madden and I probably won't play another season of 2K11. This is actually the only league I get pretty excited about now.

MWS Natural said:
CAL RB BEAST MODE.
:lol I think my backup HB Brothers is more of a threat than Briggs. He seems to get into the open more often than my starter. Good thing he's only a redshirt freshman since Briggs is a senior. I did upload a video of Briggs going into tank mode, breaking 4 tackles and outrunning the defense.

I promise my incoming Freshman phenom RB he'd make the freshman all-american team, and then he goes ahead and gets injured in every game, this last game taking him out for 3 weeks. That better not count as a lie. It's not my fault he's made of paper mache.

Nightz said:
I'd be down for this. I think I'm done with Madden and I probably won't play another season of 2K11. This is actually the only league I get pretty excited about now.
Same I just want to use updated rosters. I am in a friends OD and he uses updated rosters with some All-American sliders and the result is a more realistic game. The computer is a challenge without feel cheap and it's fun to play with teams who perform like their counterparts did in the current season.
Nightz said:
:lol I think my backup HB Brothers is more of a threat than Briggs. He seems to get into the open more often than my starter. Good thing he's only a redshirt freshman since Briggs is a senior. I did upload a video of Briggs going into tank mode, breaking 4 tackles and outrunning the defense.
That's what I was referring to :D
Azwethinkweiz said:
I promise my incoming Freshman phenom RB he'd make the freshman all-american team, and then he goes ahead and gets injured in every game, this last game taking him out for 3 weeks. That better not count as a lie. It's not my fault he's made of paper mache.
Don't worry he will make it. The Freshman All-American team is pretty much the easiest team to make in this game. If they start every game and just have decent stats it's pretty much a lock. Of course he's not going to be the starter because my freshman phenom RB will be but he will make the team :D

We going to advance? Mik is done. Mik can you hit ready after you're done because I think GCQ relies on the email from EA to tell him when everyone is ready.

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Eight Games

#16 Arkansas (mik) vs. Georgia (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. UTEP (CPU)
#2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. Iowa State (CPU)
#4 Rutgers (BigAT) vs. UConn (CPU)
#8 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. Louisiana Tech (CPU)
#13 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Wisconsin (CPU)
#1 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. #12 Ohio State (CPU)
Cal (Nightz) vs. Washington (CPU)

IDLE: #18 South Carolina (GCQuinton)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Eight Headlines

Arkansas Squeaks Past Auburn 31-28
MSU's Mumphrey Still Heisman Leader At Season Midpoint
Cal Maintains Perfect Pac-10 Record After Beating Oregon
Multiple Schools Get Commits From Prospects

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Jerome Jackson, QB, Michigan State
27-6 W Against Michigan
16-30 for 231 yards, 3 TD
2 carries for 12 yards

Rankings

Michigan State - #1 Coaches, #1 Media
Texas Tech - #2 Coaches, #2 Media
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #3 Media
Nevada - #8 Coaches, #6 Media
Minnesota - #13 Coaches, #14 Media
Arkansas - #16 Coaches, #8 Media
South Carolina - #18 Coaches, #22 Media

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: S. Young (Texas Tech) pass to D. Brown for 39 yards

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Michigan State vs. Ohio State

WEEK EIGHT DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!!

KanZolo

After I forced to fumbles on a kickoff and kicked a FG before halftime, OSU/CPU decided to hurt my QB and HB. Milked the clock enough to keep the lead though. Fucking buckeyes

KanZolo said:
After I forced to fumbles on a kickoff and kicked a FG before halftime, OSU/CPU decided to hurt my QB and HB. Milked the clock enough to keep the lead though. Fucking buckeyes
Cheap bastards... How long are your QB and RB out? I think I play OSU next and hope I don't have any BS like that happen.

Oh.. and I'm done with recruiting and my game.

KanZolo

Big Papa Husker said:
Cheap bastards... How long are your QB and RB out? I think I play OSU next and hope I don't have any BS like that happen.

Oh.. and I'm done with recruiting and my game.
Just for the game fortunately

GCQuinton

2zjajo2.jpg

Week Nine Games

#15 South Carolina (GCQuinton) vs. Tennessee (CPU)
Marshall (Striker) vs. Tulane (CPU)
#2 Texas Tech (Azwethinkweiz) vs. #5 Texas (CPU)
#7 Nevada (MWS Natural) vs. #21 Boise State (CPU)
#11 Minnesota (BPH) vs. Cal (Nightz)
#1 Michigan State (KanZolo) vs. Northwestern (CPU)

IDLE: #14 Arkansas (mik), #4 Rutgers (BigAT)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Week Nine Headlines

BCS Polls Debut, Not Much Different From Other Polls
#11 Minnesota Faces A Challenge In The 5-2 Cal Bears
Texas Tech and Texas Face Off In An In-Conference, Top Five Matchup
No Respect? Cal Remains Unranked Despite Undefeated Conference Record

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Player of the Week

Trajuan Briggs, HB, Cal
44-10 W Against Washington
36 carries for 286 yards, 5 TD

Rankings

Michigan State - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS
Texas Tech - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Rutgers - #4 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Nevada - #7 Coaches, #6 Media, #6 BCS
Minnesota - #11 Coaches, #12 Media, #11 BCS
Arkansas - #14 Coaches, #9 Media, #10 BCS
South Carolina - #15 Coaches, #20 Media, #17 BCS

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Highlight of the Week

TD: 91 yard rush by M. Robinson (Minnesota)

NeoGAF Online Dynasty Game of the Week

Minnesota vs. Cal

WEEK NINE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!!

GCQuinton

south-carolina-gamecocks-logo2.bmp

NATION'S TOP QB PROSPECT SIGNS WITH SOUTH CAROLINA

Jay Thompson, the number one ranked quarterback prospect in the nation (#13 overall), has officially commited to South Carolina.

A 6'2" 210 pound scrambler out of Newman, GA, Thompson chose the Gamecocks in what was also a tight race between Miami and Georgia. With Connor Shaw graduating after this season and neither of the underclassmen QBs making any real impressions on coach GCQ at practice, Thompson is expected to be the team's starter the moment he steps into the facility.

"This is a big, big day for our program", says coach GCQ, who also confirmed that this is his first five star signee. " "Jay's a game changer, and we look forward to getting him in and up to speed on the system. With him and (a healthy) Marshall Rodriguez at HB, our backfield has the potential to be the strongest it's ever been."

Awwh shit, will South Carolina be a force in the SEC SEC SEC for years to come??!!

Congrats on the signing dude, I may have a big announcement in the coming weeks myself ;)

BigAT

KanZolo said:
after a top 5 recruiting class last year, I can't seem to recruit for shit this year
Same here. It's kind of been like that for me the entire dynasty so far., I alternate between excellent classes and mediocre, almost bad, ones.

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Awwh shit, will South Carolina be a force in the SEC SEC SEC for years to come??!!

Don't know about that, but we're certainly building the roster for it :D

Sucks even more that my freshman HB practically wasted a season going down so early, though, otherwise they'd both be freshman and it'd be potentially four years of goodness. I swear, medical redshirts is one of those last-gen features that needs to find its way back in.

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
I swear, medical redshirts is one of those last-gen features that needs to find its way back in.
Damn, didn't even realize they had that in the old ones. That would be helpful this year with my best Def player out with broken collar bone.

KanZolo said:
Damn, didn't even realize they had that in the old ones. That would be helpful this year with my best Def player out with broken collar bone.
I think they added it in NCAA08 for PS2, which I never played because I had already moved to the 360.

GCQuinton

Big Papa Husker said:
I think they added it in NCAA08 for PS2, which I never played because I had already moved to the 360.

Yup. Wound up playing that version the majority of the time till 09 came out. It'd be cool to see player discipline make its way back too, since that added a whole other whole risk/reward aspect to recruiting and actually playing the season. I mean, imagine having to sit your star QB for two weeks because he was skipping class, or a team having to sit five players before a bowl game because of breaking the rules, missing class, selling championship memorabilia or whatever. IMAGINE IT!

KanZolo

GCQuinton said:
Yup. Wound up playing that version the majority of the time till 09 came out. It'd be cool to see player discipline make its way back too, since that added a whole other whole risk/reward aspect to recruiting and actually playing the season. I mean, imagine having to sit your star QB for two weeks because he was skipping class, or a team having to sit five players before a bowl game because of breaking the rules, missing class, selling championship memorabilia or whatever. IMAGINE IT!
It seem more realistic to not have any punishment, the way NCAA has been lately

BigAT said:
Same here. It's kind of been like that for me the entire dynasty so far., I alternate between excellent classes and mediocre, almost bad, ones.
Coming from starting at 2* prestige every class seems great to me lol. I used to have to pour 60mins a week into just getting a 3star recruit! All the guys who actually wanted to go to Nevada were 1 and 2 stars so now is like heaven to me. Even though Georgia Tech is kicking the shit out of me, they jacked like 3 of my top guys lol.

GCQuinton said:
Damn that sounds hot, what happened if you didn't discipline the player?

GCQuinton

MWS Natural said:
Damn that sounds hot, what happened if you didn't discipline the player?

If you let it go on too long, you could scholarships but '05 was the first year (and last I wanna say) they put it in and it wasn't perfect so you'd have to be practically ignoring stuff to let it get to that. But yeah, it'd be cool if they brought that back, sanctions and all.

Striker

I didn't get into NCAA much until '09 actually. The '05 stuff sounds like the player morale from Madden '05. Players would get upset or want out if they outplayed their contract, are on a losing team, or are not starting. I miss that in today's Madden. :(

Finished my week also. Lost my starting DT in the process, but hope he can play next week. My depth in that position is junk.

Big game for Cal this week. Not sure who I would put my money on..BP's offense looks much improved but Cal's running game and defense seem impressive.

Nightz said:
GG BPH. Briggs had another huge game for me. This one's for you Rodney! :lol
I think we need to have an investigation whether or not the RB for Cal was doused in butter before the game. My defense couldn't wrap him up. Also, your LB is an asshole, signed Tom Parish.

So, are we going to advance tonight? I need to get back on the winning track by taking out my anger on the CPU.

Big Papa Husker said:
So, are we going to advance tonight? I need to get back on the winning track by taking out my anger on the CPU.

Commish is last up but I heard he is out celebrating his first 5* signee and won't be back until tomorrow.

Nightz

Big Papa Husker said:
I think we need to have an investigation whether or not the RB for Cal was doused in butter before the game. My defense couldn't wrap him up. Also, your LB is an asshole, signed Tom Parish.
:lol

CKTqk.jpg

AP said:
SAN FRANCISCO – Rishard Matthews caught a touchdown pass and returned a punt for another score, and No. 13 Nevada used a strong defensive effort to cap its most successful season ever at college football's highest level by beating Boston College 20-13 in the Fight Hunger Bowl on Sunday night.

Colin Kaepernick threw for 192 yards and a touchdown for the Wolf Pack (13-1), who snapped a four-game bowl losing streak by tying a school record for wins in a season set when it played in what used to be Division I-AA.

This game matched BC's top-ranked rushing defense against Nevada's high-powered pistol attack that was third in the nation in rushing. The Eagles (7-6) did a good job controlling the Wolf Pack on the ground, holding them to a season-low 114 yards — more than 190 below their season average.

Kaepernick was held to 22 yards on nine carries, but managed to top 3,000 yards passing for the season. That allowed him to join Brad Smith and Vince Young as the only FBS quarterbacks to rush for at least 1,000 yards and throw for 3,000 in the same season.

With an efficient passing day by Kaepernick, the big plays from Matthews and a stout defense, the Wolf Pack were able to snap Boston College's five-game winning streak. The Eagles were held to 185 yards.

Freshman Chase Rettig completed 14 of 34 passes for 121 yards and two interceptions. Boston College played without leading rusher Montel Harris, who was listed as the starter but did not play after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in late November.

The teams traded field goals in the third quarter, giving Nevada a 20-10 lead heading into the fourth. Boston College was unable to capitalize on an interception that Luke Kuechly returned to the Wolf Pack 6. But two runs netted just a yard and Rettig threw an incompletion on third down, forcing the kick.

After Nevada's field goal late in the third, Rettig's was intercepted by Marlon Johnson on a deflected ball that gave Nevada the ball at the BC 41. Vai Taua fumbled the ball right back but once again the Eagles were unable to take advantage.

Helped by a pair of pass interference penalties, BC got a 32-yard field goal from Nate Freese with 3:52 to play to make it 20-13. The Eagles got the ball back at their 10 with 3:06 to go and got a 32-yard pass from Rettig to Chris Pantale on their first play.

Two plays later Khalid Wooten intercepted a pass to seal the win and send the thousands of Nevada fans who drove a few hours from Reno home happy.

The Wolf Pack sold about 15,500 tickets, surpassing California and Navy for the most sold in the nine-year history of this game. The attendance of 41,063 was the second largest for the bowl. It included one streaker, who ran on the field in the fourth quarter, causing a brief delay.

After an early fumble by Kaepernick led to a 30-yard touchdown run by Andre Williams, Matthews provided the Nevada fans plenty to cheer about in the first half.

First, Matthews got behind the defense as Kaepernick scrambled to his left. Kaepernick then flicked a pass toward the end zone for an easy 27-yard score that tied the game for Nevada.

The Wolf Pack then held the Eagles to a three-and-out on the next possession and Matthews returned the punt 72 yards to make it 14-7. That was Nevada's first punt return for a score since Oct. 13, 2001. Nevada added a late 32-yard field goal by Anthony Martinez to take a 10-point lead at the half.

The game was sponsored by Kraft, which is using the bowl to promote its efforts to fight hunger in the United States. Instead of a coin for the opening toss, officials tossed an Oreo cookie that was chocolate on one side and vanilla on the other.

MWS Natural said:
I think they are wondering the same thing about your in the B League. Did you go on full-time auto-pilot or something? lol

I forgot to switch it back when I got back and those guys advance like once every 12 hours so I just let it ride since I didn't have time.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Not I. the pace makes me crazy. I think at the close of both seasons, I'll probably hang it up until NCAA 12 to regain some of my sanity. (and save my TV from further image retention ;) )

Top Bottom