• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

hgplayer1

mmlemay said:
hg,

Good game. Turnovers and field position were the difference. I want to apologize for the two plays that I took control of the receiver. I thought Dante had thrown an interception both times and I was just trying to prevent it. One time I took myself so far out of position that the ball hit your guy right in the chest. The other time I think I got a 4 yard gain or something. That killed me to take the dive with Ronnie at the end but I'm not about to piss someone off again for running up the score.

FMT,

To clarify, when is it allowable to control the receivers? I was under the impression that it was allowed only to break up a potential interception. Am I right or wrong?

good game mmlemay,

dont worry about the controlling the receiver thing. it wouldnt have mattered. my D didnt do squat! blitzes were absolutely ineffective and I couldnt stop your running game.

I do appreciate you taking the dive at the end but I wouldnt have been pissed at you if you would have scored. I was pissed that I called a blitz on that side of the line and everyone got ate up. on that one long TD run I got caught with my undies around my ankles as you ran by me and then the rest of my guys took bad angles.

the thing I was most pissed at was that one pass you ran back for a TD. there was NOBODY covering TO in the slot. hes running a straight pattern up the field so I try a quick snap and throw. this ****ing LB who is 5-10 feet away slides ride into the path of the ball and makes the INT easy with a straight path to the end zone.

I was getting pressured a lot early in the game even though I had the lead I could feel it slipping away as all the turnovers and calls began to go your way. by the middle of the 3rd I was just playing basic D.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
hgplayer1 said:
the thing I was most pissed at was that one pass you ran back for a TD. there was NOBODY covering TO in the slot. hes running a straight pattern up the field so I try a quick snap and throw. this ****ing LB who is 5-10 feet away slides ride into the path of the ball and makes the INT easy with a straight path to the end zone.

EA sports, its in the game!

I think its such shit that as soon as the ball is picked off, without even seeing the pick the defense automatically is pancaking everyone on the field :lol It's such shit. If they had THAT good of blocking why the hell aren't they the starting O line!?

bosevan

I would just like to say that Roy and I want everybody to know that we guarantee a victory next week. We were these close to puttin up 40 against DaddyZ (if it wasn't for the 6 picks and the lag) and next week were gonna show what we're really made of. LOL

Rorschach

Just noticed I only get 5 games that won't be lag filled. :(

I know that this patch everyone is talking about will never be released, but I still keep hoping. :(

DMczaf

Speak of the devil, theres a patch update today!

Hey guys -

The patch is basically done and will go through testing and has to spend some time with MSFT to get tested there as well. I will have an update early next week once things are closer, which I will post in announcements.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You missed an XP?

Bob gamesharked you.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
MMLEMAY, I am leaving town tomorrow and wont be back but for a quick minute on Weds.. then back out until Friday... so if you want to play Saturday let me know and we can see what we can do....

Cloudy

Banned
Back to .500 BRING ON WEEK 3!

PS: I nominate Darrent Williams for POW. Returned a kickoff for the go-ahead TD and sealed the game with an INT in my redzone with seconds left :D

bluemax

Banned
I had so many chances to win that game and I just couldn't execute. That final INT was the deal breaker, but man, ugh. I wanted this game badly after getting whipped by vumpler. 0-2 in the division to start the year is rough.

Question for FMT, since my WR are kinda meh outside of McCardell is it ok to put Gates at the #4 WR? I don't go 4WR a lot, but I wanted to know if this was ok. The Charger pass plays are kinda eh, and a LOT of the ones for Gates are the banned TE route. I figure if I put him at #4 he's at least running more legit routes. If it's not cool though I won't do it, I think I only threw to him out of a 4WR set once this past game.

you can put gates anywhere you want buddy. i've used the chargers playbook before, and in a couple of their 3 wide/4 wide sets gates is the slot man. there is no problem with that

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can put gates anywhere you want buddy. i've used the chargers playbook before, and in a couple of their 3 wide/4 wide sets gates is the slot man. there is no problem with that
Are you free tonight Frenchie? Or maybe tomorrow? Let me know so we can get Week 2 in the books.

DCX

vumpler

OK guys serious question here. I hate to question people's thought processes but I'm really confused. I'm confused as to how the votes that have been submitted thus far got selected. Are you guys just saying "Wow that's a lot of points against very few points.. That's the game of the week!!!" because anyone can run up the score, but we were told not to. Scoring off a turnover doesn't exscuse running up the score either so I really don't see how these votes are getting placed. Here's what I'm seeing.:

Bengals (35-0 win over the Chargers)
25% [ 2 ]
Rams (52-7 win over the Lions)
38% [ 3 ]
Buccaneers (24-0 win over the Packers)
25% [ 2 ]
49ers (20-3 win over the Jaguars)
0% [ 0 ]
Dolphins (42-7 win over the Cowboys)
13% [ 1 ]

So we have my game, I held the CHARGERS passing game (aka gates) to -2 yards and tomlinson to 42 yards... A reasonable selection.

Rams over the lions... The lions had 235 yards of total offense... Yeah the kitna threw 6 picks but thats just a breakdown on the lions behalf. They still put up yards.

Buccaneers over the Packers. Yes the Packers are in a very close race for the worst team in the NFL along with the raiders but look at the stats. 33 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE!!?? Brett only threw for 28 yards!?!?!?!?!? Wow... And in Madden the line actually plays like a decent line as opposed to what happened sunday. So I would say a definite candidate for game of the week.

SanFran over the Jags. If you don't take into account that FMT is behind the stick this is a little suprising. SanFran has really stepped up their game over the offseason so I would expect the game to be close. The jags are a tough team to play against with their D so seeing FMT win by 17 is pretty damn good. I would say a reasonable candidate for game of the week.

The Phins over the boys! 42-7 my god. Yeah I know the phins are picked to go to the super bowl this year, but beating up on the boys 42-7!? Held TO to 44 yards and no endzone WHAT!?!? JJ only ran for 37 yards and a fumble!? Are you kidding me!? Definitely a game of the week poster child.

That's what I'm looking at when I see these games listed and I just want to know what you guys are seeing. To have the rams with 3 votes, the phins with 1, FMT with 0 is pretty outrageous. In all honestly the rams game deserves the least votes out of the 5 games listed. So there's my 42 cents.

Two dominating performances in week 1. However, 1 team has to lose. Can the Steelers avenge an embarrassing tournament loss?

:lol

Holler at me DM, lets do this dog!!

EDIT- Get it together HG, you gotta represent the Cowboys better than that. Makes me sad to see a score like that!!!

DCX

DCX
FMT, i can't play tonight, but tomorrow night would be perfect..the wifey goes to work between 3-11pm, we can play any time in between, or after. Let me know. By the way, the fact Vick is in the leaders for passing should get him a Most Improved Player award :p

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bluemax said:
I had so many chances to win that game and I just couldn't execute. That final INT was the deal breaker, but man, ugh. I wanted this game badly after getting whipped by vumpler. 0-2 in the division to start the year is rough.

Question for FMT, since my WR are kinda meh outside of McCardell is it ok to put Gates at the #4 WR? I don't go 4WR a lot, but I wanted to know if this was ok. The Charger pass plays are kinda eh, and a LOT of the ones for Gates are the banned TE route. I figure if I put him at #4 he's at least running more legit routes. If it's not cool though I won't do it, I think I only threw to him out of a 4WR set once this past game.

Dude I've put so many curses and hexes on you for taking my Falcons away from me that it's unlikely that you will win a game against someones little sister. :D
Booga Booga!!

The game of the week was my game against Ror. It was tight till the last 42 seconds. Kinda like his mom :D

Zep

Banned
vumpler said:
Scoring off a turnover doesn't exscuse running up the score either so I really don't see how these votes are getting placed. Here's what I'm seeing.:

Ewww...I know who that was directed to hot stuff. To bad I scored 0 TD off my picks, I never ran up my score, he just couldnt stop the run.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DaddyZ said:
Ewww...I know who that was directed to hot stuff. To bad I scored 0 TD off my picks, I never ran up my score, he just couldnt stop the run.

Yeah thats a tricky subject. A simular situation with me in my game against archaix. I did have a long run that i busted in the 4th, to guarantee a miracle comeback wasnt in hand. I did end up getting the ball back and was in the process of running down the clock. on 2 or 3 runs i had space to bust wide open on the outside but i took it back inside and just allowed myself to be tackled.

Its hard to just give up open space for running, but in a situation where the game is in hand, ou just gotta let it end

hgplayer1

Shawnwhann said:
:lol

Holler at me DM, lets do this dog!!

EDIT- Get it together HG, you gotta represent the Cowboys better than that. Makes me sad to see a score like that!!!

:lol I was wondering when you were gonna chime in.

fact of the matter is Ive never been able to put up many points in online football games against good players. I was hoping the boost in firepower over previous years would contribute to that but so far its a big fat no.

then again I hardly ever play the game and hadnt touched it for days before my game against the Phins. plus I had some really bad luck in that game. and played shitty D which is usually average or better no matter which team I use. I guess I still am not accounting for the AI on my D doing stupid things like taking bad angles on RBs coming out of the backfield.

dont worry shawn if I cant get my shit together the Boys are yours in season 2. Im curious to see how good that team can be run. if I cant do it might as well give someone else the chance.

Zep

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah thats a tricky subject. A simular situation with me in my game against archaix. I did have a long run that i busted in the 4th, to guarantee a miracle comeback wasnt in hand. I did end up getting the ball back and was in the process of running down the clock. on 2 or 3 runs i had space to bust wide open on the outside but i took it back inside and just allowed myself to be tackled.

Its hard to just give up open space for running, but in a situation where the game is in hand, ou just gotta let it end

I was 45-7 and I ran a draw w/Jackson at the 8? Anyway I hike the ball run forward and when first contact hit I let go of the analog stick and Jackson went into those breaktackle animations that jet him forward...I cant help that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Week Rankings for Raiders said:
Defeating a cursed team? Have you no shame?

No shame at all.

Week Rankings for Colts said:
If only you had gotten the Falcons you would have won that game due to the fact that they aren’t cursed.

Probably. :lol

I will break the curse!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bullshit fmt, bullshit. Rocky Bernard had 7 tackles, 5 ****ing sacks. 5 MOTHER****ING SACKS. How is that not NFC defensive player of the week.

i saw that. you didn't win the game :(

a new rule i have for players of the week is you have to win, and no duplicates at each award (for instance, raiders probably should have won defensive AND special teams players of the week, no longer!)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just pondering... I should have set a record for Consecutive defensive player of the week awards with dawkins. Didnt i have like 4 weeks in a row with him?

You should just name it the NFC/AFC Brian Dawkins Player of the week

Lonestar

well good thing for you, I didn't lose that game. EA won it. mother****ing punt hit the goal line!

**** **** **** SHIT **** **** **** HELLO **** **** **** COWS **** **** **** Col. Mustard in the Library with the candlestick **** ****

:lol how could they let coverboy lose!?

p.s. DCX you tell that goodlady wife of yours that you gots business to take care of, trent boyett style! i'd rather play today since sunday is NFL day ALL DAY BOYEEEE! perhaps i could get it in before SNF... but if theres anyway to play today lets do this!

Fifty

Hope everything is going well. I'm stuck at a Comfort Inn in Indiana for one more day, then I'm back tomorrow.s

Good game DM, I had the game going just how I wanted it. Stop Cadillac and Alstott CHECK, control time of posession CHECK, hold you to 14 points from good defense CHECK. Talking about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. An inopportune interception with under 3:00 mins to go in the fourth returned within the redzone. Easy touchdown!!! Fitting the game would end on two consectuive sacks from my o-line with could not protect Rothlesburger to save his life. I feel sorry for my next opponent because I am going to try like hell to make it over by halftime!!

****!!!!

:D

Lonestar

you know what sucks. A little while after my game against CK, I got a scrimmage game with mmlemay and...it was flawless, no lag. Why am I not in that division :/ It's like living in Siberia down here! There's 1 or 2 players relatively close geographically, and I don't play them! It's anti-Shaun bias, that's what!

alexander_shaun12.jpg

Why do you hate me?

well lonestar something has to be up if you had a lagless game against CK that simply disconnected, and then other times you tried it was laggy as ****

well konex i think it is a matter of opinion. for instance, when me and you play there is "lag", but it is playable. now are they having that type of lag and just complaining about that (as they should! no excuse for lag) or is it drastically worse and completely unplayable? who knows

vumpler

"What the balls? Allowed 40 yards of total offense or something!"

I was right there around 40!?

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol how could they let coverboy lose!?

p.s. DCX you tell that goodlady wife of yours that you gots business to take care of, trent boyett style! i'd rather play today since sunday is NFL day ALL DAY BOYEEEE! perhaps i could get it in before SNF... but if theres anyway to play today lets do this!
Ddue, i'll try...i'm actually fueding with the misses right now...but you aren't around to play.

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm around! i was just watching the ND michigan game, altho its not much of a game!
You wanna go? Might as well, with my frame of mind right now, i'm either going to blow you out, or i'm going to lose big :p Bring it!

DCX

Top Bottom