• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

Shogun

TheDuce22 said:
Does anyone know the gamertag of sonshogun?

My Gamertag is actually sonshogun, i'm not good till much later tonight, but I should be available all of tomorrow past noon EST. Any time good for you then?

I will be on tonight at 10 PST if I can.

TheDuce22

Banned
Shogun said:
My Gamertag is actually sonshogun, i'm not good till much later tonight, but I should be available all of tomorrow past noon EST. Any time good for you then?

I should be home by 11 and dont go to bed till like 1 pacific if you can play between those times. LATE tommorow night might work too.

Shogun

TheDuce22 said:
I should be home by 11 and dont go to bed till like 1 pacific if you can play between those times. LATE tommorow night might work too.

Late sounds good, if I am not on tonight I will be tomorrow

DMczaf

Shawnwhann said:
Good game DM, I had the game going just how I wanted it. Stop Cadillac and Alstott CHECK, control time of posession CHECK, hold you to 14 points from good defense CHECK. Talking about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. An inopportune interception with under 3:00 mins to go in the fourth returned within the redzone. Easy touchdown!!! Fitting the game would end on two consectuive sacks from my o-line with could not protect Rothlesburger to save his life. I feel sorry for my next opponent because I am going to try like hell to make it over by halftime!!

****!!!!

:D

You had me in check completely for most of the game. That 3-4 blitz is hard to pick up, which would cause me to hurry throws I wouldn't normally want to throw. I also had no shot at running the ball to the outside against those Steelers LBs, so I had to pound the rock through the middle, which only gave me like 2-3 yards. My defense won that game, and I will never forget it! Thank you Kiffin!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
You had me in check completely for most of the game. That 3-4 blitz is hard to pick up, which would cause me to hurry throws I wouldn't normally want to throw. I also had no shot at running the ball to the outside against those Steelers LBs, so I had to pound the rock through the middle, which only gave me like 2-3 yards. My defense won that game, and I will never forget it! Thank you Kiffin!

95% of the time its your D that wins you games.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
95% of the time its your D that wins you games.

Before the league started, I was doing well with my offense. Then the league starts and Im back to my PS2/Xbox Bucs where I run the ball 30 times for 50 yards, and 2 TDs somehow :lol

Oh well, Im always there with my D :D

DCX

DCX
Good game FMT, i don't know what happened there...man two ints in the endzone, one i could have sworn there was some interference. Went for it on 4th and about a millimeter, could get that...could stop the ALL WORLD RB of yours, Alex Smith looks like Marino out there...and that about sums it up :p Well, the playpffs are slipping away...at least the dream of them. I'm looking for a above 500 season...i have to do better than my 3-13 season last year.

DCX

Good game FMT, i don't know what happened there...man two ints in the endzone, one i could have sworn there was some interference. Went for it on 4th and about a millimeter, could get that...could stop the ALL WORLD RB of yours, Alex Smith looks like Marino out there...and that about sums it up :p Well, the playpffs are slipping away...at least the dream of them. I'm looking for a above 500 season...i have to do better than my 3-13 season last year.

it was a good game, much closer than the 21 pt difference. i just got lucky on those back to back redzone interceptions. there may have been INT on the first, but there was triple coverage there. not sure why you didn't just run it in with vick cause i think you would've beaten me to the edge. also that 4th and inches was killer. i contemplated just letting you have it so as to avoid another busted open run with Dunn, but i said **** it.

also alex looked good but i probably should have thrown a couple picks that were dropped. didn't have much success deep. just stayed with short/intermediate routes. i'm starting to pass more on 3rd and short to keep people off balance.

p.s. frank the tank is all universe boyeeee!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I am. Though, if lag is heavy, we'll try having you host. Anything for a smooth game. ANYTHING.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well konex i think it is a matter of opinion. for instance, when me and you play there is "lag", but it is playable. now are they having that type of lag and just complaining about that (as they should! no excuse for lag) or is it drastically worse and completely unplayable? who knows
Well, in Wellie's case, I played him and our game was just a friggin' slide show, yet he could STILL pass the ball somehow. I think he has a high tolerance for lag...I'm guessing it's pretty bad.

Also, the lagless games with disconnects have happened to me and Konex. We fixed it by going routerless.

Truelize said:
The game of the week was my game against Ror. It was tight till the last 42 seconds. Kinda like his mom :D
:lol Bastard!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i saw that. you didn't win the game :(

a new rule i have for players of the week is you have to win, and no duplicates at each award (for instance, raiders probably should have won defensive AND special teams players of the week, no longer!)
Boooh! :'( That's BS because I should have had the hat trick! Defense, offense, and Special Teams! Moss ftw!

btw- FMT: one nitpick...I like the previous layout better. This one isn't doing it for me.

i am working on a site separate from LD that would have the weekly awards. it looks a lot nicer and i can do more stuff with it. not sure when it will be up though as when i said "i am working on" i actually meant "my gf is going to design" said website. hopefully before week 3!

Lonestar

Bernard175_0925_0925.jpg

Rocky Bernard says "I hope that website sucks"

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hey win a ballgame buddy!

also your allegations that i am biased against the seachickens is ridiculous and preposterous

bernard_52798.jpg

"What did you say, I can't hear you on the basis that I don't listen to whitey"

And I'm about to disconnect the router, and hook up the 360 to the modem itself.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
ianswoody: When do u want to play? I will be at the Eagles game tomorrow, so I can play anytime after 8 pm est then. Also will be up for a little while tonight if you want play me tonight.

Rorschach

GG Vump I got lucky. I don't like how high rated qbs get away with throwing it right at the defense, though. ;b I had to take control of defenders for them to do anything. Johnson had me scared all game, though...monster! He was always 2 inches away from breaking out and he never gets tackled on the first try.

You have an amazing offense, btw. Good luck in the future.

Malleymal: you made a mistake with Pass deflections in week 2...or Kawika Mitchell is a beast with 34 of them. o_O

Lonestar

I went into tonight's game to just make sure Baldy didn't blow it for me.

5 of 7 for 76 yards, YEAH MOTHER****ER!

oh, and 198 yards on 28 carries and 3 TD's for that other guy.

T-Jack is the Future, though. He doesn't fumble on that 30 yard run...

Rorschach

The good news is that the 3 headed monster is back. 4 TDs! I may avoid recognition by my peers again, but they'll get me TDs.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
The good news is that the 3 headed monster is back. 4 TDs! I may avoid recognition by my peers again, but they'll get me TDs.

So did you throw to anyone that wasn't named Moss? Or at least complete a pass shorter than 35 yards? :D

(yeah, yeah, I know. I suck that's why you can throw like that against me. )

GAF League front page has been updated with an important news story

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it was a good game, much closer than the 21 pt difference. i just got lucky on those back to back redzone interceptions. there may have been INT on the first, but there was triple coverage there. not sure why you didn't just run it in with vick cause i think you would've beaten me to the edge. also that 4th and inches was killer. i contemplated just letting you have it so as to avoid another busted open run with Dunn, but i said **** it.

also alex looked good but i probably should have thrown a couple picks that were dropped. didn't have much success deep. just stayed with short/intermediate routes. i'm starting to pass more on 3rd and short to keep people off balance.

p.s. frank the tank is all universe boyeeee!
Yeah, they drop a few ints, and you droped none...and a user pick as well...i wanted so bad to control the WR to break it up...but i didn't want to break any rules...same with the red zone stuff...Vick all the way, but the Vick cheese enters the mindset and it actually effects how i play, i'm just going to say **** it and let the man do his thing. Until we meet again.

DCX

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
So did you throw to anyone that wasn't named Moss? Or at least complete a pass shorter than 35 yards? :D

Eh he got me on on a play action deep pass to porter for some reason? I was all over it but when he went to do the catch animation he jumped ahead about 4 yards. Beautiful.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cold are you around? I doubt it considering it's six in the morning for you, but if we could get this game in before our real life game then I would be down for that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Cold are you around? I doubt it considering it's six in the morning for you, but if we could get this game in before our real life game then I would be down for that.

i havent been up at 6 in the morning since i was like 7 :lol

I was at a wedding last night, no way in hell i was going to even be up close to that time.

Maybe we can play between the late game and the Sunday night game

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
DCX read the rules closer. there is nothing illegal about breaking up an INT
What if in doing so i make a reception? Seems to be a grey area with that..i'll keep it mind next time.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
MaestroRyan said:
t-jack the futurez = fumble on great run

t-jax teh futurams = throwing the pick during crunch time

having 6 time outs per half = priceless

90% of your posts i have no idea what your talking about

Lonestar

he's talking about a comment of mine last night. Late in the 4th, I lost track of how many TO's he used. It damnwell felt like he had 5 Time outs!!!!

Rorschach

Truelize said:

Curry, Anderson, and Porter. Only 2 long passes.

Vump, that Porter pass wasn't play action. I kept falling for your PA's, though. >< Sapp would have had a good amount of sacks if I wasn't always chasing Johnson scared.

And yeah, the missing animations are sad in a "next gen sim."

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm going to get destroyed by Fifty and the Ravens tonight.

Texans are going 0-2 for the day :(

edit- im drunk,dumb and my keyboard sucks ;)

Matrix

I cantt speel wosds at all,sory.

Mrbob

Small point of contention with EA.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU RATE THE BEARS 73 OVERALL AFTER THE LAST ROSTER UPDATE YOU STUPID ****S!

Thank you.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Small point of contention with EA.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU RATE THE BEARS 73 OVERALL AFTER THE LAST ROSTER UPDATE YOU STUPID ****S!

Thank you.

Texans 83....BOO YA!

Matrix

Well that game felt like total bs :\

My WR's cant hold onto the f-ing football and I fumble in the red zone,I always love that.Also loved that Pass int call after I inted the ball.....ended the game for me.

GG Fifty,except for the time you Konex'ed me with Mcnair to Heap :(

edit- haha in two games I havent thrown one td and when I do hit someone in the endzone they drop it.

Fifty

I got lucky in that win. I felt like shit mentally. I was all ready to blame jetlag if I lost. I'd be pissed too if I was you. Your team is totally outmatched yet you put up a real good challenge. If I didn't have the Ravens' D I would have lost. Lucky for me I have a real early bye in week 3 so I can figure out how to call smart plays and not just the same old stale shit.

about your drop..he was hit real hard by Ed Reed after catching it, so don't be too hard on the guy.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I got lucky in that win. I felt like shit mentally. I was all ready to blame jetlag if I lost. I'd be pissed too if I was you. Your team is totally outmatched yet you put up a real good challenge. If I didn't have the Ravens' D I would have lost. Lucky for me I have a real early bye in week 3 so I can figure out how to call smart plays and not just the same old stale shit.

about your drop..he was hit real hard by Ed Reed after catching it, so don't be too hard on the guy.

Yea AJ was hit real hard,but his drops are carrying over from my last game.In two games he has 6 drops,its annoying as hell cause he's my best weapon on O.

I totally felt like I was in control of that game somewhat until Cook fumbled and then I thought I was in control again after my 2nd int,of course they call it back cause its the Texans :lol They decide to call pass int,when half the time the game never calls it.

It really was a frustrating loss.

Matrix said:
Yea AJ was hit real hard,but his drops are carrying over from my last game.In two games he has 6 drops,its annoying as hell cause he's my best weapon on O.

I totally felt like I was in control of that game somewhat until Cook fumbled and then I thought I was in control again after my 2nd int,of course they call it back cause its the Texans :lol They decide to call pass int,when half the time the game never calls it.

It really was a frustrating loss.

Just from what I see in real life, I'd say Moulds would be your best weapon on O. Is he not any good in the game?

Shogun

TheDuce, i'm having problems with the wireless network, and thats what I use for the 360. Would you be up for it later this week? Name the time.

Top Bottom