• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

TheDuce22

Banned
I updated my router firmware now I can host games again! Seems to be less laggy too. No more manditory, cheap opening drive fumbles in every game. (hopefully) Although im not sure if the home team actually gets a bonus.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Wellington said:
Sorry to hear that bonsevan. Don't worry about the league buddy.....
I can play your games and own bitches!

uhhh... i would vote to
not
let Wellington play your week game :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Any Word on the Patch?

The Patch looks like a square band-aid. It is applied to the abdomen, buttocks, upper arm, or upper torso. The Patch is changed each week for a schedule of 3 weeks on and 1 week off. The Patch works by slowly releasing a combination of estrogen and progestin hormones through the skin. These hormones prevent ovulation (release of an egg from the ovary) and thicken the cervical mucus, creating a barrier to prevent sperm from entering the uterus. When used correctly, it is about 99% effective as birth control except for women weighing 198 pounds or more when it is only about 92% effective. The Patch does not protect against reproductive tract infections or HIV/AIDS.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
The Patch looks like a square band-aid. It is applied to the abdomen, buttocks, upper arm, or upper torso. The Patch is changed each week for a schedule of 3 weeks on and 1 week off. The Patch works by slowly releasing a combination of estrogen and progestin hormones through the skin. These hormones prevent ovulation (release of an egg from the ovary) and thicken the cervical mucus, creating a barrier to prevent sperm from entering the uterus. When used correctly, it is about 99% effective as birth control except for women weighing 198 pounds or more when it is only about 92% effective. The Patch does not protect against reproductive tract infections or HIV/AIDS.

Im curious if you just copied and pasted that, or if you actually took the time to type that out...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Im curious if you just copied and pasted that, or if you actually took the time to type that out...

:lol

copied and pasted it dude.

edit- owned? :\

Rorschach

Matrix said:
:lol

I believe in the patch! Netcode fix! Autosub fix! Fatigue fix! I BELIEVE!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Week 3 needs to finish. Hurry the Fug Up! Im ready to destroy my week 4 opponent, Whoever that is.

"What you gonna do when we come for you?"
01.jpg

vumpler

JuanMR2 we're supposed to play tomorrow!? I work from 3-10 CST. Any time around that im free.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Gun,

I hope to be available later today. Been watching my Dad, as he's not been feeling well the last few weeks.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Lonestar said:
Gun,

I hope to be available later today. Been watching my Dad, as he's not been feeling well the last few weeks.

No problem, just let me know when you can go I will be home all day. I hope your dad is feeling better.

Lonestar

I'd play now, but he's wanting to get ready and head into town for a bit, and I'm going to have to drive. Then Alabama's on, and we'll watch that. Say, 7pm on EST?

Gunstar77

Lonestar said:
I'd play now, but he's wanting to get ready and head into town for a bit, and I'm going to have to drive. Then Alabama's on, and we'll watch that. Say, 7pm on EST?

Works for me

Lonestar

actually, he's decided not to go out, he wants to take a nap. I can go in 15 minutes or so, so I can hook up my 360 to the modem. That good for you?

DMczaf

Lets get some games done! If you have already scheduled, great! If not, start calling your opponent up like a drunk dude calling his ex late at night!

vumpler said:
Well give bonsevan a day or two his grandfather passed away last night at around 7pm so he will be a day or so. He'll probably get it in this weekend.

Thats what I was trying to say. Hopefully thats how it came out. The game is unimportant compared to real life stuff. Just was updating others so they know whats going on and dont think we just aren't playing it because we dont want to or something. Thats all.

Lonestar

Thanks for getting the game in Gun.

Sorry about that pause right at half time. The phone was ringing, and I had to run and get it (should have brought it with me when we started playing) Was Mom calling to check in on Dad.

That was pretty much a total defensive and Field Position game. 11 punts total! 9 Sacks total! I had one lucky break on my one PA pass of the game to Stevens. And just enough SA to get some yards for 3 FG's. 16-6 final score.

And NO, I repeat, NO lag (at least from my POV)

JuanMR2

vumpler said:
JuanMR2 we're supposed to play tomorrow!? I work from 3-10 CST. Any time around that im free.

Yep we're supposed to play today. I'll look for you after you get back from work around 10-11CST.

vumpler

Since I started playing WoW again, my madden quality of play per game has increased significantly. I play a game every couple of days now as opposed to 3-5 games per day and I'm basically dominating everyone I play. I stick with what works, not getting cocky with retarded passes and predictable runs. I think this could work out for me :)

Rorschach

The league can't start unraveling now...it's barely week 3!

Code:
 San Diego Chargers	  		 at Indianapolis Colts	  	
 Buffalo Bills	  		 at Atlanta Falcons	  	
 Kansas City Chiefs	  		 at St. Louis Rams	  	
 Greenbay Packers	  		 at Arizona Cardinals	  	
 New Orleans Saints	  		 at Cleveland Browns

Sunday is the deadline, brovas!

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:

Code:
[B] Buffalo Bills	  		 at Atlanta Falcons	[/B]  	
 Kansas City Chiefs	  		 at St. Louis Rams	  	

The game would have been done if not for issues, still looking for word on what's going on with that...

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Rorschach said:

Code:
 Buffalo Bills	  		 at Atlanta Falcons	  	
[B] Kansas City Chiefs	  		 at St. Louis Rams	  	[/B]

zep has to get back to school first.. we will play

Gunstar77

Lonestar said:
Thanks for getting the game in Gun.

Sorry about that pause right at half time. The phone was ringing, and I had to run and get it (should have brought it with me when we started playing) Was Mom calling to check in on Dad.

That was pretty much a total defensive and Field Position game. 11 punts total! 9 Sacks total! I had one lucky break on my one PA pass of the game to Stevens. And just enough SA to get some yards for 3 FG's. 16-6 final score.

And NO, I repeat, NO lag (at least from my POV)

Yeah I played way too safe. I didn't want to have any turnovers, which killed my passing game. There was lag or slow motion whatever but nothing really bad. Good game.

the bills game will be solved ASAP. i'm hoping icedragon returns from his "trip" to take over the bills full time as archaix's xbox died and is in the shop for repair (i assume). if anyone can fill in for ONE game on that game i would appreciate it. otherwise i will post a placeholder until ice returns or we find a suitable replacement.

as far as the other games, i'm not sure whats up with AZ/CP as i have contacted them both about playing and it doesn't seem they have contacted each other (i could be wrong about that), truelize and bluemax have spoken and scheduled their game, chiefs/rams game is scheduled, saints browns im not sure. browns owner (DJ Demon) has contacted aka balla but he wasn't around (i couldn't get ahold of him either) at the time. i'm going to advance the league forward pretty soon so lets get these games in fellas. i know you all have lives, but try to clear out 1-2 hours of free time... for the gip!

vumpler

Hey JuanMR2 you play a hell of a run stopping D. No ones shut me down like that on the run this season. At the end of the fourth there I was trying to call run plays to see what your D was doing to shift over and bust up any hole I had, but then I realized you could have interpreted that as me being an asshole. I hope you didn't see it as that, I was just trying to see what in the hell you were calling because that's pretty hard to believe all my run plays were getting dominated like that.

If you ever want some offensive tips I can help you out some. I'm pretty good with TN and I think I know some things to help get you rolling on offense.

JuanMR2

vumpler said:
Hey JuanMR2 you play a hell of a run stopping D. No ones shut me down like that on the run this season. At the end of the fourth there I was trying to call run plays to see what your D was doing to shift over and bust up any hole I had, but then I realized you could have interpreted that as me being an asshole. I hope you didn't see it as that, I was just trying to see what in the hell you were calling because that's pretty hard to believe all my run plays were getting dominated like that.

If you ever want some offensive tips I can help you out some. I'm pretty good with TN and I think I know some things to help get you rolling on offense.

GG Vumpler, I took no offense to any of your play calling infact thanks for not running up the score. Yes I think I may hit you up for some offensive tips later on. I'm gonna play some practice games because my passing game is non-existent.

Zep

Banned
I'll be back at school tomarrow night. These pussies at the autoshop are ****in around with my car! They said it will be done tomarrow afternoon and then mother is cooking dinner...and i'll be damned if I miss that!

Lonestar

I can fill in for someone tomorrow if anyone needs it (I can do the Bills/Falcon game, since I know I've got ok connection history with DCX)

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the bills game will be solved ASAP. i'm hoping icedragon returns from his "trip" to take over the bills full time as archaix's xbox died and is in the shop for repair (i assume). if anyone can fill in for ONE game on that game i would appreciate it. otherwise i will post a placeholder until ice returns or we find a suitable replacement.

as far as the other games, i'm not sure whats up with AZ/CP as i have contacted them both about playing and it doesn't seem they have contacted each other (i could be wrong about that), truelize and bluemax have spoken and scheduled their game, chiefs/rams game is scheduled, saints browns im not sure. browns owner (DJ Demon) has contacted aka balla but he wasn't around (i couldn't get ahold of him either) at the time. i'm going to advance the league forward pretty soon so lets get these games in fellas. i know you all have lives, but try to clear out 1-2 hours of free time... for the gip!
I'll do it! JP will score a TD!

Top Bottom