• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Neo-Gaf Madden 360 Season 8 Thread: United by John, Divided by Lag

thank you lonestar and rors. i think it would be best with lonestar since he has a good connection with DCX (and dcx is in ny). but if that can't happen, knock yourself out rors! thanks fellas

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
I can fill in for someone tomorrow if anyone needs it (I can do the Bills/Falcon game, since I know I've got ok connection history with DCX)
Actually, i can play now...but i doubt anyone is up to play :(

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just letting everyone know that Bluemax and I been trying to get ahold of each other all week. I'm sure we will be able to play tomorrow.

I'll be home all day and have AIM on, hit there Blue and lets get this revenge game going.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bills game done. FMT, i got the stats on my computer. Open it up for me and ill put them in tomorrow

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
w0000t! The cats pulled it out with a complete 2nd half flop. We played like crap in the 2nd half with 3 fumbles that all turned into buc scores. Then 4th and 7 with 1:07 on the clock jakey runs its for 8 yards for the first down to setup the kasay 46 yarder!!!

bluemax

Banned
Well I just beat true, and just like last time I don't feel good about it. So once again if FMT wants to award victory to true or if true wants a rematch I am ok with it.

Just to clear things up, I long ago got into the habit of pushing up when I throw passes, and in the first half I think 4 out of my 5 Gates completions were of this variety. Including one which went for a TD when he might've been tackled had I not. It wasn't intentional and being the noob I am I didn't know how bad it was. I tried hard in the second half to either not pass/not do it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bluemax said:
Well I just beat true, and just like last time I don't feel good about it. So once again if FMT wants to award victory to true or if true wants a rematch I am ok with it.

Just to clear things up, I long ago got into the habit of pushing up when I throw passes, and in the first half I think 4 out of my 5 Gates completions were of this variety. Including one which went for a TD when he might've been tackled had I not. It wasn't intentional and being the noob I am I didn't know how bad it was. I tried hard in the second half to either not pass/not do it.

:lol You gotta stop coming in here and telling peolpe you will concede victory man. :lol
It's a game. Now you know. Gates is just my kryptonite. Well high-flying Gates is my kryptonite.
Actually.... Everyone I play seems to have kryptonite. Matrix has to stop handing that stuff to all my opponants.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Truelize said:
:lol You gotta stop coming in here and telling peolpe you will concede victory man. :lol
It's a game. Now you know. Gates is just my kryptonite. Well high-flying Gates is my kryptonite.
Actually.... Everyone I play seems to have kryptonite. Matrix has to stop handing that stuff to all my opponants.

smirk.jpg

Fifty

I was going to do the player awards and rankings tonight, but since we've still got 3 week 3 games unplayed, I don't think it's a great idea. It's certainly not the ideal situation. I can unlock week 4 now though. FMT and I will just have to babysit the remaining week 3 games.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:

180px-Lex-luthor1.jpg

fifty you can do it now if you want. i'm going to put the other 3 games as ties for now as they are all scheduled to be played. if you don't want to do it i will do the awards tonight. when can you play fifty? :D

Fifty

I was going to put it off because having 6 teams without stats makes it an incomplete week. But ok, I'll do it. Just a bummer to have my first week be our first incomplete one. I can play later tonight (9 eastern your time onward). Our test game had horrible lag though, so... ugh.

Fifty

I'm working on them now, but if Malley and Zep impress me, they'll be edited in. Enjoy week 4. Expect a site update within the hour.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FVCKING EA SERVERS **** up in a great game against Woody

And FMT, I dont see your Avatar!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Defensive player of the week :D Greenwood will never see that award again.

"For the putrid Texans offense to put up 27 against the Jax D is deeply upsetting to me, and thus this game is the upset of the week."

:lol

"Mario Williams - 1 tackle"

:lol :(

Matrix

DMczaf said:
First you make a horrible joke on chris almost losing his LIFE! And then you snub Barber of his DPOTW title!

You cant win everything Dm,take your 4-0 record and sssssshhhh it.

bluemax

Banned
Truelize said:

I just feel bad, I don't want to leave you with hard feelings or anything. It was a good game though, Quentin Jammer's two INTs really helped. Especially the one that set up the game winning TD. If you had had more success running I think the game would've turned out differently.

Awesome Scifres for ST POTW! Haha. He's no Tom "The Bomb" Malone, but man does he help for winning the field position.

BTW, True and I's game was tied with like 30 seconds to go, Quentin Jammer intercepted a pass to Marvin Harrison. Then on the first play after Rivers hit McCardell for a 30 something yard TD to steal the game. Not sure if that tops Carolina/SF.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bluemax said:
I just feel bad, I don't want to leave you with hard feelings or anything. It was a good game though, Quentin Jammer's two INTs really helped. Especially the one that set up the game winning TD. If you had had more success running I think the game would've turned out differently.

Awesome Scifres for ST POTW! Haha. He's no Tom "The Bomb" Malone, but man does he help for winning the field position.

BTW, True and I's game was tied with like 30 seconds to go, Quentin Jammer intercepted a pass to Marvin Harrison. Then on the first play after Rivers hit McCardell for a 30 something yard TD to steal the game. Not sure if that tops Carolina/SF.

EA has pissed in my mouth enough times to give me a bad taste with this game. There isn't really anything you can to make that worse. :D

Fifty

FMT and I are about to engage in the lagiest game of all time that still will remain competitive. People, remember, we're doing this for you. We're doing this for the league, and we're doing this for the children!

bono-inside.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Haha, rankings are great as always.

The Rivers fumble was on a pass play. I dropped back and had Osgood open, but as I went to throw I got nailed and fumbled. I wanted to challenge the play but that doesn't seem to be an option, unless I missed it...

Fifty

I think I found the worst way to start my week!

You know what's worse than getting your ass kicked? Having it happen in SLOW MOTION!! Oh my god...I should have found a west coaster to play FMT. I'm not saying I lost because of that, because it obviously allowed him to make all the right calls, and he shut my running down AS USUAL, but it was just so frustrating. Like being tied down in a chair and forced to watch as your family is raped.

I had 3 rushing yards! 3! My playbook isn't built for passing, and when I'm shut down like that I'm in serious trouble. I need to get a new balanced playbook. Jesus Christ, 3 rushing yards. I'm beyond ashamed.

Matrix

Only 3 yards..my god :eek:

I cant imagine shutting down the Ravens running game like that with such a shitty team.

Fifty

Yeah... Well kiss my ass. He had a ridiculous push every running play. He was camping on my side of the LOS it seemed. I got discouraged because of that, and the lag made it so frustrating that I lost my sense sooner than usual. It was just a nightmare. EA can kiss my ass.

yeah that was pretty laggy. well, more like 5 or 6 times slower than normal. when you have a game like that it definitely favors the defense because you can see routes developing easier if you are defending. that is why it's tough to throw outs or double moves. ugh it is frustrating. i won the game but it is still unacceptable for the game to run like this. im cool with a little slower but come on EA, bullcrap.

sorry fifty, if i could take away all of our lag problems i would! i got a follow up response from EA on their site saying "yeah write down the next time you play and if you have lag, we'll check into it" yeah ****ing right. assholes

Matrix

Fifty said:
Yeah... Well kiss my ass. He had a ridiculous push every running play. He was camping on my side of the LOS it seemed. I got discouraged because of that, and the lag made it so frustrating that I lost my sense sooner than usual. It was just a nightmare. EA can kiss my ass.

No need to get angry,you get two free wins when you play against me.No lag and the joy of playing my shit squad.

I couldnt stop your run game using the 9ers,I was just giving FMT props,lag or no lag.

Fifty

I wasn't angry. I'm never angry at you, Matrix! I'm too tired to input my stats now, but I did write them down (painfully) Here's a teaser:

3rd downs: 0-7

Jamal Lewis 8 rushes, 1 yard, 1 fumble
Steve Mcnair 4 rushes, 2 yards, 3 fumbles

Yeah, I think that's enough.

Matrix

"I wasn't angry. I'm never angry at you, Matrix!"

Good!

I cant wait till I play Fmt, I'll be the one bitching and moaning about awful lag soon enough.

I'll have minus rushing and passing yards...joy.

Top Bottom