• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of the A-Channel/City TV girls ... dunno but you could've done a lot better Prongs.

I'm guessing it was something that had been going on for a while.

If she is pregnant, Pronger is damn lucky his wife doesn't just divorce him and take half his money. Not that I'm surprised that athletes engage in this kind of behavior ... but I'm always shocked when they don't use protection (Kobe Bryant being another case).

You're risking so much, it's just stupid. I mean get your freak on, but at least cover up :lol

dem

I just spoke to a person who's very well-integrated in the city's upper circles, and heard something quite intriguing from her...
(and most of you know my post history and rapport to be quite reputable. IE, I don't post bull.)

Pronger was having some marital problems before he and Lauren even moved to Edmonton. They thought that the move would help to give them a fresh start and a happy beginning. Anyway, after a few months here, their marriage was not getting better, but rather, getting worse. They were constantly fighting and Pronger started spending less and less time at home, preferring instead to go out with teammates and new found friends in the city. So, he was at a high profile function in which he was introduced to two very interesting women: an anonymous CityTV employee, and the salon owner/head stylist which does the hair and make-up for CityTV. Two things transpired... Pronger proceeded to have an affair with this CityTV personality, and started getting his hair cut at the aforementioned salon. The CityTV personality and him had a falling out after a little bit, and this salon owner and the CityTV personality had somewhat of an argument over Pronger's integrity...Apparently, the result of this was the CityTV employee proceeding to speak openly (and proudly) about her affair with Chris and launching a smear campaign against he and the salon owner saying that they were having an affair (my informant made it sound like she didn't think that the salon owner and Pronger did have an affair, but I'm not sure about the details surrounding that.), and eventually it got around and made its way to some business owners and friends of the Oilers who inquired about it, etc. etc. (everybody here knows how rumours get transmitted) and it made its way somehow to Pronger's wife, Lauren.
Apparently she gave him an ultimatum to either end whatever he was doing with this/these woman/women and leave Edmonton with their family to somewhere she wanted to live or else she would take their children and leave him altogether. So Pronger decided to try to reconcile with her but she was very stubborn and adament about moving somewhere else where she wanted to go, and so after the season, sensing he'd done everything he could, he requested a trade in no uncertain terms to either California (LA, Anaheim, San Jose), Phoenix, somewhere in the midwest (Minnesota, Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis) or the Eastern seaboard (Boston, New Jersey, Either New York team, Philadelphia, or Toronto), with her major preference being in one of LA, St. Louis, Columbus, Boston, Philadelphia, or Toronto.

Take it for what it's worth. Interesting story if nothing else, but the person who told me is also a fairly trustworthy gal who was pretty set on this being the actual truth.

:)

Athletes really need to have that Dave Chapelle "non disclosure" kit for sleeping with groupies.

This is better than Melrose Place :lol

Teams should just do what the Dallas Cowboys do. I've heard from a friend who has family working within the team that they'll actually supply their player's women/cheerleaders on the side, and it's all kept on the hush hush.

Athletes aren't the most social savvy people out there, usually their judgement on who they cheat with isn't the best ... well OK, I admit it ... GUYS in general have this problem. Athletes have it worse because of all the options they have. :lol

If this girl is who I've been told it is ... she's a total attention whore.

calder

Ahhh, just like how Bobby Hull had that affair with the local weather girl here in Winnipeg back in the 70s. That ended up in court. :lol

Sounds like Pronger's wife has as much integrity as he does:

"Hey honey, let's continue to live in this farce of a marriage. I know if you ask for a trade to another city of MY choice that you will change. I know you will change sweetie. I say we pick Los Angeles or Florida because the temptation for you to stray will be very minimal there."

ForzaItalia said:
Sounds like Pronger's wife has as much integrity as he does:

"Hey honey, let's continue to live in this farce of a marriage. I know if you ask for a trade to another city of MY choice that you will change. I know you will change sweetie. I say we pick Los Angeles or Florida because the temptation for you to stray will be very minimal there."

Most athlete wives are like that. They'll get really angry, but they won't leave.

She could definitely leave him, take the kids, and half his money very easily. He probably convinced her to stay and that he'd be good from now on and do whatever she wants, etc. etc. etc.

The usual stuff guys say to their wife/GF when they get busted. If you cheated with a girl at a workplace, the first thing your wife/GF would likely demand of you is you quit that job or relocate ... so her reaction to want to move elsewhere is not exactly unnatural given the situation (I mean he can't exactly quit playing hockey).

Reilly

soundwave05 said:
What's the deal with the Ottawa goaltending situation anyway?

I'm guessing Hasek at age 42 or whatever is done, so are they going to let it ride full time with Emery?

Ottawa won't be able to afford a 5+ million dollar goalie. They'll take Hasek back simply because he's cheap. I doubt they'll go into the season with Emery as the starter

Hrm.

Not sure if anyone in the East will be able to stop Buffalo this year then. Barring another injury disaster, but I don't see that happening two years in a row (sorry Carolina).

Karakand

dem said:
So Pronger decided to try to reconcile with her but she was very stubborn and adament about moving somewhere else where she wanted to go, and so after the season, sensing he'd done everything he could, he requested a trade in no uncertain terms to either California (LA, Anaheim, San Jose), Phoenix, somewhere in the midwest (Minnesota, Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis) or the Eastern seaboard (Boston, New Jersey, Either New York team, Philadelphia, or Toronto), with her major preference being in one of LA, St. Louis, Columbus, Boston, Philadelphia, or Toronto.

Pronger would look sexy in the new Ducks uniforms.

Karakand said:
Pronger would look sexy in the new Ducks uniforms.

I doubt Lowe will trade within the Western Conference ... not unless there's a deal offered that's just too good to pass up.

Anaheim would most likely have to offer a package of at least Bryzgalof and a couple of their better young players (and I mean the really good ones, not salary filler).

Probably Lupul + Beaucheman + Bryzgalof or something along those lines.

If I were in Anaheim's shoes ... and Edmonton was willing to accept Lupul + Beaucheman + Bryzgalov for Pronger, I take it and run.

You sacrifice some youth, but for guys like Selanne, Neidermayer, etc. ... the time for these guy's to win is sooner rather than later, a move like this would have to make you guys the favorite to win it all, maybe even multiple Cups.

Of course assuming Lowe would be willing to accept that package and deal Prongs out west ... I don't think he would.

bishoptl said:
Hmm...Pronger's alleged fling is a hot little vanilla snack cake.

She's really not *that* hot.

Pretty typical fake tanned Alberta blonde, you'll see dozens of them at any club here slutting it up on the weekend.

I'd definitely hit it though. :lol

Karakand

soundwave05 said:
If I were in Anaheim's shoes ... and Edmonton was willing to accept Lupul + Beaucheman + Bryzgalov for Pronger, I take it and run.

I'm not sure I'd give up Bryzgalov. As much as I love Jiggy he still hasn't recovered from the loss to the Devils in game seven. Hell, he couldn't even finish the first round of the playoffs this year. I'll be very surprised if we don't trade him in the off-season. Hell, a change of place might just do the guy some good.

But with Pronger... you might not need three straight shutouts in the playoffs. Blargh, I don't know.

Yeah even an average goalie would look good behind Pronger and Neidermayer. That's the 1-2 top d-men in the NHL (sorry Lidstrom, you were exposed in the playoffs ... again).

Giguere would be more than adequete.

Sandman42

soundwave05 said:
What's the deal with the Ottawa goaltending situation anyway?

I'm guessing Hasek at age 42 or whatever is done, so are they going to let it ride full time with Emery? Can they even afford to pay a goalie $3-$5 million with their cap situation?
Havlat for Nabokov is a persistant rumor. But nothing has developed as of yet.
They could also go after Legace or Biron.

pops619

Some sad news (I guess for Pens fans only). Mike Lange was fired today. For those who don't know, he was the Pens' play-by-play man on television for many, many years. He's in the Hall of Fame I believe. It's really sad because he's maybe a bigger part of Penguins history than anyone. He called basically every moment in franchise history. He was there before Lemieux, after, and after again. He was old and was slipping, but it's sad to see him go out this way.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
If the Leafs decide to pursue the buy-out option, and a final decision one way or the other is expected Friday, Domi will have to be put on waivers before 12 noon. Once he clears waivers, the Leafs would be obliged to pay Domi two-thirds of his remaining salary, or $825,000, over the next two years.

But, as per the new CBA, because Domi is older than 35 and on a multi-year contract, his entire salary of $1.25 million would count against the Leafs' salary cap figure next season no matter what, whether he's bought out or retired or sent to the minors or playing on their roster.

Stupid, stupid JFJ.

But, as per the new CBA, because Domi is older than 35 and on a multi-year contract, his entire salary of $1.25 million would count against the Leafs' salary cap figure next season no matter what, whether he's bought out or retired or sent to the minors or playing on their roster.

Man...when will it ever end?! :lol

SickBoy

For what it's worth, the alleged person says in no uncertain terms on her website that she didn't do anything with Chris Pronger...

Barrage

Good rittens to bad rubbish in Bill Guerin. He and Khabi were the poster childs for bad contracts in the Salary Cap Era. The worst contract our organization has given in quite a while(any mention of Marty Turco and Chris Pronger will give you herpes in your sleep.)

I'm going to feel sorry for the poor bastard who signs Jason Arnott. Enjoy seeing him float his way to his big paycheck by 2011(read the above regarding any mention of Marty Turco.)

I hope the Guerin buyout is a sign that Dallas is willing to make moves, because right now it seems they're settling for resigning the same crew that megachoked. I want to see some guys who A)have won a cup, and/or B) are proven playoff performers. That's why I was interested in seeing if we could sign Osgood to back up Turco, but it appears Dallas will resign him. I think i'd even settle for Gerber(his playoff struggles aside, he seemed more prepared when he was brought back in.)

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
As first reported by the Star's Ken Campbell, former Leaf Gary Roberts has asked Florida Panthers GM Mike Keenan to work out a trade that would return him to Toronto to finish his career and place him closer to his teenage daughter Jordan.

A deal has all but been agreed on that would see Roberts, with a year left on a two-year, $4.5 million deal ($2.25 million for each season), become a Leaf again in exchange for a third- or fourth-round draft pick.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...662&call_pageid=968867503640&col=970081593064

Not too bad I guess. I was hoping Keenan would be crazy enough to take Domi, no dice I guess. At the very least he will provide leadership and seeing how he and O'Neill are friends I doubt he would let him float around next year like he did this year.

Reilly

Barrage said:
Good rittens to bad rubbish in Bill Guerin. He and Khabi were the poster childs for bad contracts in the Salary Cap Era. The worst contract our organization has given in quite a while(any mention of Marty Turco and Chris Pronger will give you herpes in your sleep.)

Forgot about Pierre Turgeon already? :lol

I like Bill Guerin, just not at the 6+ million he was making.

dem

EDMONTON - Scratch Radek Dvorak from the list of players who will be back in an Oilers uniform.

Agent Ritch Winter has told the Oilers the winger has no interest in returning next season. He will be among those NHL players available on Saturday when free agency begins.

add another to the "oh **** im outa here" wagon. :lol
wtf is going on with the oilers?? Not that I really care about losing Dvorak.. im not sure I woulda signed him anyway.

The Internet said:
Looks like it's really going to be a "new-look" Oilers.

Almost feel bad for Oilers fans at this point; to go so far and then basically have to remake the entire roster due to the cap and Pronger's inability to keep his hands to himself...well, if Roloson can hang in there they still have something, I guess.

*thinks back to the wistful days of the 1995 canucks*

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Maple Leafs to buy out Domi

It appears Tie Domi's days as a Toronto Maple Leaf are over.

Sources tell TSN the team has initiated the buyout process which starts with the 36-year-old forward being placed on waivers at Noon et on Friday.

Assuming he isn't claimed by any other team on waivers, the Maple Leafs are then eligible to buy out Domi on the remaining year of his $1.25 million a year contract. And that is their intention.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=170091&hubname=nhl

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Sedins sign 3 year extensions with Vancouver

On the heals of signing goaltender Roberto Luongo to a four-year contract, the Canucks have locked up both Daniel and Henrik Sedin to three-year contract extensions, Swedish sources tell Sportsnet.

While terms of the deals have not been revealed, it's believed the twins were seeking between $3-4 million per season.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060630_102403_5592

Stench

Banned
GAF Exclusive here, baby!

I was talking to a guy at work about this whole "Pronger's bangin' chicks" rumour, and I found out that he has a very good friend that works at CityTV, the employer of the girl in question.

Given the fact that he isn't the kind of person who stirs shit up for no reason, all I'll say is this:

Wow. Just. Wow.

I'll also throw in a few specific phrases he used while telling me the story - "confided", and "abrupt leave of absense"...

UH OH

negitoro7

dem said:
Do the Sedins have to to EVERYTHING together? Its a little disturbing.

Don't they live together? I wouldn't be surprised if they share puck-bunnies they bring home.
Anyways, good news for Canucks fans. So are they keeping Carter too?

Manics

Banned
Stench said:
GAF Exclusive here, baby!

I was talking to a guy at work about this whole "Pronger's bangin' chicks" rumour, and I found out that he has a very good friend that works at CityTV, the employer of the girl in question.

Given the fact that he isn't the kind of person who stirs shit up for no reason, all I'll say is this:

Wow. Just. Wow.

I'll also throw in a few specific phrases he used while telling me the story - "confided", and "abrupt leave of absense".

UH OH

My brother's co-worker's sister's friend's 2nd cousin twice removed told me that Pronger was banging 4 chicks at once after game 6. Wow! Just wow!!

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
negitoro7 said:
Don't they live together? I wouldn't be surprised if they share puck-bunnies they bring home.
Anyways, good news for Canucks fans. So are they keeping Carter too?

One would think they would sign the long lost black Sedin brother too. They work well as a line.

Stench

Banned
Manics said:
My brother's co-worker's sister's friend's 2nd cousin twice removed told me that Pronger was banging 4 chicks at once after game 6. Wow! Just wow!!
No seriously, this is absolutely true. I'll be the first to say it sounds a bit sketchy, but this guy is completely trustworthy. He wouldn't lie about this.

JUICY, ISN'T IT

It's like Mike Comrie all over again!

Manics

Banned
Stench said:
No seriously, this is absolutely true. I'll be the first to say it sounds a bit sketchy, but this guy is completely trustworthy. He wouldn't lie about this.

JUICY, ISN'T IT

You mean Juicy Reboundenin the goalie for Edmonton? :lol

Stench

Banned
Manics said:
You mean Juicy Reboundenin the goalie for Edmonton? :lol
Yeah, Juicy's currently involved in a love triangle between a Hooters waitress and Joey Moss.

Not telling where I heard that one from, though.

boyhandscopyright11xt.jpg

BorkBork said:
I hope Carter resigns, that line was ridiculous most nights.

I hope so too, though based on the last time he talked to the media he was starting to sound more like "dunno, whoever offers me the most cash". That was during the no-coach uncertainty era, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom