• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Team USA basketball is balling out as expected with a +43 point diff, but for some reason Stephen Curry is struggling. šŸ˜¬

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Imane is a biological woman assuming the info below is true.

In March 2023, Khelif was disqualified for failing to meet eligibility criteria shortly before her gold medal bout at the 2023 IBA Women's World Boxing Championships. The Algerian Olympic Committee said Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It later emerged that the disqualification was due to high levels of testosterone.[7][8] International Boxing Association president Umar Kremlev said DNA testing of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes and were thus excluded from the sports events

She has a medical disorder that givers her an advantage and makes her develop like a man.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
She has a medical disorder that givers her an advantage and makes her develop like a man.

So youre saying something she has no control of is a reason to not pursue her dreams? Not male enough to fight against males but not woman enough to be allowed to fight women? Im trying to be neutral here, but feels like shes being targeted for her handicap. its one thing to become a man and fight agaisnt women and its another when you drew the short straw in life and you're a "freak".

Last edited:

HAYA8U5A

How is USA so bad at 3x3 basketball ā  Ķ ā Ā°ā  ĶŸā Ź–ā  ā Ā°Ķ ā  ā )

Is there any country good in that? Every game I have watched has been wide open bricked shot after wide open bricked shot. Probably for the best though since the games would be over in the blink of an eye with better shooters.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
So youre saying something she has no control of is a reason to not pursue her dreams? Not male enough to fight against males but not woman enough to be allowed to fight women? Im trying to be neutral here, but feels like shes being targeted for her handicap. its one thing to become a man and fight agaisnt women and its another when you drew the short straw in life and you're a "freak".

She was disqualified due to failing gender test..... Maybe some things that you have make you ineligible, not your fault but still the rules. I have no control over my genetics but I would have a hard time pursuing my dream of midget wrestling.

ShadowNate

Right, this is closer to what I'm reading (when not trusting just tweets and dubious outlets).

Biological woman, hormonal disorder.

IOC still probably has to answer for their eligibility criteria and prove that they're not doing some performative / political stunt.

But, she's not "male" or "trans" as those tweets would have you believe. I mean according to info that one can currently find if you search more than the tweets.

Related stuff:
- Tweets were circulating (with no community notes whatsoever) that a boxing match with Imane had already taken place in this Olympics, a few days ago, posting footage from a fight that took place years ago.
- This is an official statement from IBA who disqualified the athlete (and the other one) in 2023: https://www.iba.sport/news/statemen...fications-in-world-boxing-championships-2023/ . It confirms the disqualification but specifically denies that the athletes were tested for testosterone levels and reports that the results are confidential.
"Point to note, the athletes did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential. This test conclusively indicated that both athletes did not meet the required necessary eligibility criteria and were found to have competitive advantages over other female competitors"

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
She was disqualified due to failing gender test..... Maybe some things that you have make you ineligible, not your fault but still the rules. I have no control over my genetics but I would have a hard time pursuing my dream of midget wrestling.

Its a grey area. Would you disqualify her?

0_China-v-South-Korea-Semifinals-FIBA-U18-Womens-Asia-Cup-2024.jpg

Clearly a massive advantage over literally any born woman. Where do we draw the line? There are freak males that have won competitions and were not disqualified. If life made you a strong biological woman, she should compete, just like the tall chick.

calistan

She was okay to compete at the last Olympics, so why not now?

The Olympics is basically all about being exceptional. I don't advocate actual men competing against women, but complaining that somebody naturally has too much testosterone is a bit like complaining that Usain Bolt's legs were too long, or that distance runners from Kenya have too much stamina.

nikolino840

The fact is that people who do not believe that trans people are real women use the genitals and menstruation as scientific data to prove that a woman is born and not made. Like j k rowling

BigBeauford

She was okay to compete at the last Olympics, so why not now?

The Olympics is basically all about being exceptional. I don't advocate actual men competing against women, but complaining that somebody naturally has too much testosterone is a bit like complaining that Usain Bolt's legs were too long, or that distance runners from Kenya have too much stamina.
She has the same chromosomes as a man.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Remember the rhyme boys and girls:

If there's a dick, they have to quit.

If there's a puss, make no fuss.

fuck you i know puss doesn't rhyme with fuss

John Bilbo

"Point to note, the athletes did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential. This test conclusively indicated that both athletes did not meet the required necessary eligibility criteria and were found to have competitive advantages over other female competitors"
I wonder the nature of that test.
The "female" boxer training

q0zkcMx.jpeg
If this picture is real South Park is the arbiter of reality.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't know if this individual is biologically a man or not, I don't know all the facts, but generally speaking, this case aside, the argument that there are men and women born with incredible physical advantages within their respective sports as a defense for allowing men to compete in women's sports is not really an argument that holds up to scrutiny.

Last edited:

Singular7

This leads to only one place, men vs. men in both women's and men's leagues.

I'm OK with it, since men are much more fun to watch. And there will be double the teams.

Eventually men's and women's leagues will converge into one and we can sports bet on a daily basis.

Last edited:

lmimmfn

The fact is that people who do not believe that trans people are real women use the genitals and menstruation as scientific data to prove that a woman is born and not made. Like j k rowling
XY chromosome = male, including intersex
XX chromosome = female.

That's it, it's no more complicated than that, that defines male/female. No LGBTZAWY is going to change that.

Having XY competitors in sports for XX is a disgrace, moreso in boxing where it is actually dangerous.

What about that poor female competitor who quit after 45seconds, her Olympic dreams being destroyed don't matter?

šŸ¤”šŸŒŽ

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm too lazy to google more info, but if that boxer who looks like a guy named Rico is born a woman and has female chromosomes and DNA, then she's legit in my books. And so is the pic of the giant female basketball player who so happened to grow to be Andre the Giant size. That's born physique. Cant fault someone for that.

But anything to do with drugs, hormones, PEDs or transgender claims is definitely a big fat No.

lmimmfn

I'm too lazy to google more info, but if that boxer who looks like a guy named Rico is born a woman and has female chromosomes and DNA, then she's legit in my books. And so is the pic of the giant female basketball player who so happened to grow to be Andre the Giant size. That's born physique. Cant fault someone for that.

But anything to do with drugs, hormones, PEDs or transgender claims is definitely a big fat No.
The boxer has male chromosomes XY......

BigBeauford

That's the problem, she has male chromosomes.

nikolino840

XY chromosome = male, including intersex
XX chromosome = female.

That's it, it's no more complicated than that, that defines male/female. No LGBTZAWY is going to change that.

Having XY competitors in sports for XX is a disgrace, moreso in boxing where it is actually dangerous.

What about that poor female competitor who quit after 45seconds, her Olympic dreams being destroyed don't matter?

šŸ¤”šŸŒŽ
Never heard anything like that until now šŸ˜‚ j k rowling always talked about genital parts and mestruo

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Well there is the special Olympics

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I tried to dig into this as much as possible. I still plan to dig into it more, but basically this is what I found.

Articles saying this person is not transgender, was born with XY DSD, but didn't really go into detail. Problem is, with the level of ideological capture, it has really muddied the waters on this subject because major news publications will call transgender people biological male/female or just refer to them as men and women. ie "If Person X says they are a woman they are a biological woman, end of story!" And many in the media have adopted this, making it incredibly difficult in specific instances to find out what's what.

Said the athlete underwent examinations that allowed them to qualify for the olympics, but would not specify what those were.

Lastly, from researching what happens with XY DSD(if that is indeed the case here, I can't say it's 100% official yet) but if it's the case, apparently you can be considered "born female" but may have male genitalia and may have many of the male advantages of going through puberty.

So info is still murky-ish, but based on what I gather, while it's not as cut and dry as a dude just calling themselves a woman and competing against women, there are major advantages at play, and that's if the DSD is true based on what has been reported.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I will correct if necessary, but from what I gather this person is biologically male, but was assigned female at birth due to being born with abnormal genitalia. That's if the reporting has been correct on the matter. Being a fighter from another country is obviously going to have far less info as opposed to an American competitor.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

DikeƧ is no stranger to shooting: Paris 2024 is his fifth Olympics, having represented Turkey in 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020 beforehand. He also holds several titles from the World and European Championships for various pistol events.

He's also a retired non-commissioned officer of the Turkish Gendarmerie, so make of that what you will.

"I did not need special equipment," DikeƧ reportedly told domestic Turkish media. "I'm a natural, a natural shooter."

"Success doesn't come with your hands in your pockets" is another statement he made to the domestic press.

Even official Olympic social media accounts have joined in celebrating DikeƧ's remarkably relaxed style.

"The Olympic #shootingsport stars we didn't know we needed," it posted on X, referring also to South Korea's Kim Yeji, who has captivated the hearts and minds of social media users as well.

lmimmfn

This is the shittiest Olympics in my lifetime.
It's the guess what's down below Olympics.

Thank god I've barely taken an interest in it(moreso as im holiday), I'm normally all in, looking forward to a few weeks of good sport but this is tainted and the opening ceremony set it up as a parody of former Olympics.

Will be ignoring any future ones.

Gp1

Take Triathlon/Biathlon/Pentathlon to Tahiti together with Surf. Easily one of the best sports to watch.

About the boxer
In March 2023, she again reached the final of the IBA Women's World Boxing Championships, but was disqualified shortly before the gold medal bout for failing to meet eligibility criteria. The Algerian Olympic Committee stated that Khelif was disqualified for medical reasons. It was later reported that the disqualification was due to high levels of testosterone in her system.[12][13]

According to International Boxing Association (IBA) president Umar Kremlev, DNA testing of Khelif and other athletes "proved they had XY chromosomes and were thus excluded from the sports events".[14] Khelif made an appeal before the Court of Arbitration for Sport but later withdrew it,[4] making the IBA decision legally binding.[15] However, the IBA has since been banned from organizing the Olympic boxing tournament in Paris due to ongoing concerns about governance issues and several judging scandals. As a result, the boxing events in Paris are now being managed by the IOCā€™s Paris 2024 Boxing Unit.[16]

On 31 July 2024, regarding their 2023 decision, the IBA stated that Khelif and others "did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognized test, whereby the specifics remain confidential," and that they "were found to have competitive advantages over other female competitors".[17] According to Agence France-Presse, Khelif claimed to be the victim of a 'big conspiracy' after being disqualified just before the final.[18] The following day, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) released their own statement in response, claiming that the IBA's decision was "sudden and arbitrary" and "without any due process." They further stated the following: "According to the IBA minutes available on their website, this decision was initially taken solely by the IBA Secretary General and CEO. The IBA Board only ratified it afterwards and only subsequently requested that a procedure to follow in similar cases in the future be established and reflected in the IBA Regulations. The minutes also say that the IBA should "establish a clear procedure on gender testing"."

The entire story is shady as fuck. My laymen take? She's probably an intersex (a woman with internal testicles), but no one will dare to test for it now.

IMHO it's similar to a famous (and probably one of the first) case of an intersex competing in a Olympic game. Brazilian judoca Edinanci Silva in Atlanta 96.
"Edinanci has been intersex since birth. She had internal testicles and an abnormal amount of male hormones. In April 1996, she underwent an orchiectomy, a surgery to remove her testicles. Without the operation, Edinanci would not have passed the so-called "femininity test", in which women were stripped naked before a "committee", a requirement for them to compete in the Olympic Games. The test was banned in 1998."

Last edited:
Top Bottom