• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympics 2024: Summer Games in Paris Official Thread

Rran

Who is the Blue figure meant to represent if its a depiction of the last Supper? I guess people see what they want to see
The blue guy is Dionysus who's crashing The Last Supper party.

Olympics officials have already confirmed that it's based off of da Vinci's painting. Washington Post:

But organizers reportedly acknowledged Sunday that Jolly “took inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci’s famous painting to create the setting.”

“[Jolly] is not the first artist to make a reference to what is a world-famous work of art,” Paris 2024 said in a statement to The Wrap. “From Andy Warhol to ‘The Simpsons,’ many have done it before him.”

It's about The Last Supper and the Bacchanalia. Not just one of those things.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
5vph7xwfjcfd1.jpeg

Fencing in the Grand Palais

HAYA8U5A

Using my imagination.....

all you need to do....add the context.

You are forgetting the Olympics are a copyright hellhole so all the NBC and Team USA posts you have made are just a big wall of, "The media could not be played." depending on the member viewing it since it is blocked by location. Between that and stuff removed by the copyright holder there is barely anything in this thread that isn't requiring imagination on my end. So adding context isn't that simple since one members context is another members blocked content :messenger_dizzy:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
You are forgetting the Olympics are a copyright hellhole so all the NBC and Team USA posts you have made are just a big wall of, "The media could not be played." depending on the member viewing it since it is blocked by location. Between that and stuff removed by the copyright holder there is barely anything in this thread that isn't requiring imagination on my end. So adding context isn't that simple since one members context is another members blocked content :messenger_dizzy:
Well I forget about the region blocking but that sucks a lot.

Post some content hopefully we can all see it.

HAYA8U5A

Well I forget about the region blocking but that sucks a lot.

Post some content hopefully we can all see it.

CBC don't put much on social media in video form since they are really pushing the CBC Gem app so not much for us Canucks to even try posting short of this guy recovering a swimming cap :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Even in the app they are more about full replays than clips/highlights which isn't a bad thing but it can make it hard to find specific things that have been mentioned here if you missed them live. For example that close finish in swimming required finding it in a 2 hour video of the day 3 swimming finals :messenger_astonished:

Top Bottom