• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OnePlus one officially announced! 299$ 16GB, 350$ 64GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

norinrad

After hearing the price of the Nexus 6 and not being interested in all the all phones out there except the Moto X, am thinking about getting the Oneplus. My only concern is are we going to get updates regular like on the Nexus devices? I love m updates which is what is holding me back right now.

I will pick this phone up in a heartbeat if i can be guaranteed regular updates.

Any world on a smaller version in the works? I remember an interview with the CEO where he said if there was demand for it, they would make it.

Ocho

So, you guys probably got an influx of posters after Nexus 6 pricing. Is the phone good? Touch issues resolved? How's build quality on the newer batches?

After hearing the price of the Nexus 6 and not being interested in all the all phones out there except the Moto X, am thinking about getting the Oneplus. My only concern is are we going to get updates regular like on the Nexus devices? I love m updates which is what is holding me back right now.

I will pick this phone up in a heartbeat if i can be guaranteed regular updates.

At least 2 years of updates are promised from cyanogen mod.

If I were to get this phone will get work with T Mobile?

Yes, I get really nice speeds.

ac7Qj0f.png

akileese

I'm definitely considering getting one of these (or whatever the next rendition is) in the spring. Disenchanted with the huge price tag on the Nexus 6 (not to mention the phablet size). I don't mind CM and if worst comes to worst I'm sure there will be a stock 5.0 at some point.

Does the One update with official releases and nightlies? It's been a long time since I used Cyanogen Mod and some of the talk of freezing worries me.

Mine doesn't update with nightlies. I guess just official releases?

How long after the binaries for Lollipop release should we be expecting a CM version?

Omega

Banned
the flagships this was supposed to kill got their new versions. those new versions will have their new versions by the time this thing is made available to the public.

kingocfs

They still don't sell these without invites? Been looking forward to trying it out.

I don't get the invite complaints right now. If you genuinely want the phone, it's really easy to get one. People can't give them away in the invite thread. Took me all of ten minutes to find one on the OPO reddit.

kiguel182

I don't get the invite complaints right now. If you genuinely want the phone, it's really easy to get one. People can't give them away in the invite thread. Took me all of ten minutes to find one on the OPO reddit.

Well, I've been trying to get one and I can't seem too so clearly it isn't as easy as you are saying.

Or I just have really bad luck at it.

gundalf

Well, I've been trying to get one and I can't seem too so clearly it isn't as easy as you are saying.

Or I just have really bad luck at it.

I will give you one, once i receive my invites from One Plus.

I think you could always move on to pure android when the software Supports ends.

I know that they also do a official AOSP Rom but its nowhere clear how devoted they are to this.

kiguel182

I will give you one, once i receive my invites from One Plus.

Thanks, I would really appreciate it! :)

I gave three out few weeks back and only one was claim. There were so may invites offered on GAF invite thread and OPO site.

Well, I only started trying to get an invite a couple of days ago but so far it seems there are way more people asking for them on that thread than giving them away.

and on the OPO forums you have to be really quick to get one and I can't seem to get any luck with it...

Schrade

Leo Laporte had a theory on why the OnePlus One was doing the invite only thing to control the flow - the screen on them is exactly the same as the one on the new iPhone.

It could be that it was hard for OnePlus to get enough screens to build the phones because Apple was sucking all of them up.

Sounds feasible.

Seanspeed

Banned
Leo Laporte had a theory on why the OnePlus One was doing the invite only thing to control the flow - the screen on them is exactly the same as the one on the new iPhone.

It could be that it was hard for OnePlus to get enough screens to build the phones because Apple was sucking all of them up.

Sounds feasible.
I've looked at them side by side and definitely don't think they are the same displays.

really happy with my 64GB Oneplus phone, its perhaps a tad bigger in my hand than I'd like but its good enough size wise. The OS, build quality, cost are all better than expected. If they do a tablet I'm in again.

I'll also add that the differences between this and the newest Nexus phone only make me feel even better about the purchase. My last 2 out of 3 phones were all Nexus phones but Google lost the plot with this most recent phone. Its too big, too expensive and (for me) too late.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I did a thread search and saw a lot of people saying it's not on Verizon because of CDMA, but Verizon is using VoLTE now.
I looked at the FAQ on that forum but I'm not signing up for an account just to look at the compatibility section.
The only reason I can see (with the information I have available) for it not working is that it doesn't support band 13.

norinrad

OnePlus, you too my money on Monday. Send me my damn phone already.

Where are you located?

Mine should be arriving today. Ordered on Monday and it was shipped on Tuesday from the UK via DHL to mainland Yurope. Just for you information i just received the mail a few hours ago. Up until yesterday my account was stuck on processing so i thought it was taking too long until i got the mail.

Koppai

So what says I should get this phone instead of a Galaxy Note 4 or iPhone 6+? Isn't this phone outdated already?

Tell me what I would be missing please. Getting annoyed that my Galaxy Note 4 still hasn't arrived at Best Buy :(

So what says I should get this phone instead of a Galaxy Note 4 or iPhone 6+? Isn't this phone outdated already?

Tell me what I would be missing please. Getting annoyed that my Galaxy Note 4 still hasn't arrived at Best Buy :(

This phone is way cheaper and performance is the same or better than Note 4 in most benchmarks and apps. You would be missing out on 2k screen and s-pen apps going to a OPO instead of a note 4. IPhone and Android are not really comparable. OPO offers a truer to stock Android experience and will get updates more frequently than Note 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom